PDA

View Full Version : 28 off 36 mph

BrianM
04-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Decided to show off a bit. Took this video on Sunday. Sking behind my partners '97 205. What do you think?
http://media.putfile.com/P4160021

It is a big file and takes a bit to load so be patient. This was taken on my Olympus Stylus 720sw with my wife panning by hand (going to order a Trakker soon) that is her toe in the vieo at the end :rolleyes:

east tx skier
04-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Man, wouldn't you know it. Quicktime. I'll have to wait until I get home.

SkiDog
04-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Brian, that was smooth as a babies butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

PeteS
04-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Decided to show off a bit. Took this video on Sunday. Sking behind my partners '97 205. What do you think?
http://media.putfile.com/P4160021

It is a big file and takes a bit to load so be patient. This was taken on my Olympus Stylus 720sw with my wife panning by hand (going to order a Trakker soon) that is her toe in the vieo at the end :rolleyes:
Real nice, Brian.

I sure need to go the 36 mph soon. My 28's are getting consistent at 34 mph, but being only 27 years old, we both know what speed I should be at.

Do you think it will be difficult to change speeds? Any advice as to the best way to do it? It's intimidating to me right now, but if I want to start skiing tournaments, I need to be at the right speed.

You're skiing well though.

BrianM
04-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Gotta start skiing 36mph. If you are sking 28 34mph you will have no problem. Let the rope out to 22 and bump up the speed. It will take you a set or two to get the timing but you will get it quick.

Quit the girls speed cold turkey man! :D You won't look back.
Real nice, Brian.

I sure need to go the 36 mph soon. My 28's are getting consistent at 34 mph, but being only 27 years old, we both know what speed I should be at.

Do you think it will be difficult to change speeds? Any advice as to the best way to do it? It's intimidating to me right now, but if I want to start skiing tournaments, I need to be at the right speed.

You're skiing well though.

#47of100TeamMC
04-18-2006, 04:34 PM
You've got a sweet site it looks like... what course do you have? is it permanent or portable? I see Novice bouys for the ladies and kids! Must have for a family day on the water. You look good! Keep the video's coming. warm enough water is only a few weeks away from us Midwesterners...

stevo137
04-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Great job Brian! Smoooth.
Wife did a great job on the vid too...

BrianM
04-18-2006, 04:38 PM
You've got a sweet site it looks like... what course do you have? is it permanent or portable? I see Novice bouys for the ladies and kids! Must have for a family day on the water. You look good! Keep the video's coming. warm enough water is only a few weeks away from us Midwesterners...

It is an old Accuflot that is in serious need of replacement. We had it rigged up so the tension stayed the same no matter what the water level. After the hurricane though it we now have to tighten and loosen. Our ski dock replacement is now our first priority so I think the course is going to have to give us another season or two worth of service.

Leroy
04-18-2006, 04:59 PM
WOW, there is my motivational movie for the summer! That is making it look too easy!

hleepert
04-18-2006, 05:05 PM
When I click on the link it goes to the putfile website and then all I get is a "Q" with a "?" overlayed?

east tx skier
04-18-2006, 05:14 PM
It is an old Accuflot that is in serious need of replacement. We had it rigged up so the tension stayed the same no matter what the water level. After the hurricane though it we now have to tighten and loosen. Our ski dock replacement is now our first priority so I think the course is going to have to give us another season or two worth of service.

Brian, just out of curiosity, since it's a private site, why not just set up individually anchored balls. I've known peopl who use the portable to get everything lined up and then pull it so they don't have to worry about the tension aspect of the equation.

rodltg2
04-18-2006, 05:45 PM
nice work, thats my goal for this season , too run 28 consistenlty. well see...

Brent
04-18-2006, 05:55 PM
If you see the Qit is downloading ,just be patiant.

TonyB
04-18-2006, 09:03 PM
Good job.

Where was the three ball?

erkoehler
04-18-2006, 09:08 PM
When I click on the link it goes to the putfile website and then all I get is a "Q" with a "?" overlayed?

Just keep waitin.....

Great run Brian!!!

erkoehler
04-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Good job.

Where was the three ball?

Its there, but he is right on it, so you have to watch it a few times. I thought he went around the yellow ball the first time I watched it, but if you watch it in slow motion or a few times, you'll see the orange "3" ball.

east tx skier
04-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Nice Job, Brian! I still can't see the 3 ball though.

MasterCrafting
04-18-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm a pretty small kid i guess and skiing 36 in a course scares me...i can barefoot comfy at 38...and i'm pretty sure i could foot at 36 if i leaned really far back.... I ride the course at 32...my normal slalom speed, should i kick it up a notch?

bradamerry
04-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Sweet Brian man.................... Farmer has something to work toward...

BrianM
04-18-2006, 10:25 PM
Its there, but he is right on it, so you have to watch it a few times. I thought he went around the yellow ball the first time I watched it, but if you watch it in slow motion or a few times, you'll see the orange "3" ball.

The camera only shoots 15 frames a second so it a little hard to see. I was way narrow for 3 and darn near ran it flat over. It is just under my front boot. I have a tendency to ski narrow an slap my ankles and calfs on the ball a lot.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I needed a little ego boost. Skied 4 at 32 tonight which is just one ball shy of my personal best. :banana:
Brian, just out of curiosity, since it's a private site, why not just set up individually anchored balls. I've known peopl who use the portable to get everything lined up and then pull it so they don't have to worry about the tension aspect of the equation.
Our plan is to survey in an individually anchored permanent course but the hurricane delayed that plan. That Accufloat has been permenantly installed at the site for over 15 years. Our club is small and it is tough to get everyone to pony up the money for improvements. We need a new ski dock first.

flipper
04-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Doesn't look like that when I ski. That looked like you weren't even working at it. Sweet run. :toast:

east tx skier
04-18-2006, 11:00 PM
The camera only shoots 15 frames a second so it a little hard to see. I was way narrow for 3 and darn near ran it flat over. It is just under my front boot. I have a tendency to ski narrow an slap my ankles and calfs on the ball a lot.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I needed a little ego boost. Skied 4 at 32 tonight which is just one ball shy of my personal best. :banana:

So the video is the 97 205, which did you ski tonight?

Our plan is to survey in an individually anchored permanent course but the hurricane delayed that plan. That Accufloat has been permenantly installed at the site for over 15 years. Our club is small and it is tough to get everyone to pony up the money for improvements. We need a new ski dock first.

Our personal course is individually anchored. I haven't surveyed it, but when I checked my baselines, previously run on a surveyed course, they were dead on. I just ran the again on a surveyed course and they were still within tolerance. We set the course up with low stretch measured rope. We started using PVC to line up some of it, but ultimatley, eyeballing it from a john boat worked better. Obviously, surveying it is ideal, but I'd bet ours is within tolerance. We used a smaller section of separately measured rope to locate the course. That I can locate it that way says something (sort of independent analysis).

With a soft mud bottom, the anchors are suctioned well and don't move much. It hasn't required much weight at all. We had some serious weather blow through with the balls attached and nothing moved.

6ballsisall
04-18-2006, 11:14 PM
Nice job Brian!! Smooth as butta!! :dance:

Leroy
04-19-2006, 12:29 AM
I've looked at this a couple more times and this is an amazing run. You do not even have that massive spray going!

I did check and it measured 16.4 seconds on the video from your start gate to finish it comes out to 35.3MPH for the 850 ft course. Of course my measuring ability is probably off!

BrianM
04-19-2006, 09:07 AM
So the video is the 97 205, which did you ski tonight?

Bu Sportster.

east tx skier
04-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Is that the snake guy's boat?

BrianM
04-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Is that the snake guy's boat?

Yep.........