PDA

View Full Version : New Record for a barrel of oil!

erkoehler
04-17-2006, 07:37 PM
The cost of a barrel of oil went up $1.08 today alone! That puts the cost of a barrel of oil $70.40

$2.78 is the national average for a gallon of gas!

They say some consumers may see $3.50 or $4.00 a gallon this summer, possibly by memorial day! :eek:

vegashomeexpert
04-17-2006, 08:08 PM
That S T I N K S!

twieder
04-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks Eric, thats what we all needed to hear to make a MONDAY go better! :uglyhamme
I can't wait to see what a tenk of fuel is gona cost next week!

flipper
04-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Can't find it that cheap here. Cheapest in town is 2.89/gallon, and that isn't even the good stuff.

mplv
04-17-2006, 10:23 PM
whats driving it up this time? last year it was katrina

erkoehler
04-17-2006, 10:28 PM

Overseas conflict or some BS like that.

Larryp
04-17-2006, 10:45 PM
what about the new record for boat prices, I don't care about the cost of oil when a 50,000 boat should only cost 25,000.

bradamerry
04-17-2006, 10:47 PM
The cost of a barrel of oil went up $1.08 today alone! That puts the cost of a barrel of oil $70.40

$2.78 is the national average for a gallon of gas!

They say some consumers may see $3.50 or $4.00 a gallon this summer, possibly by memorial day! :eek:
money, money, money for the Wildman............ :banana:

point1234
04-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Great!!!! I'll think that I'll just grab my ankles right now thank you very much.

bradamerry
04-17-2006, 10:56 PM
Great!!!! I'll think that I'll just grab my ankles right now thank you very much.
LUBE???????????? :rolleyes:

JEREMY79
04-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Where you get your info Erk?? Oil closed at 71.98 today.

I'm with the Wildman

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY

milkmania
04-17-2006, 11:59 PM
38 gallons is a hundred dollar bill

milkmania
04-18-2006, 12:14 AM
Exxon Chairman Gets $400 Million Retirement Package Amid Soaring Gas Prices

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1841989&page=1&gma=true&gma=true

erkoehler
04-18-2006, 12:15 AM
Where you get your info Erk?? Oil closed at 71.98 today.

I'm with the Wildman

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY

It was on the NBC 5 news....maybe it was before the markets closed :confused:

Workin' 4 Toys
04-18-2006, 10:08 AM
I wonder what it will take for me to make my (future) Muscle car to run on E85......;)

jimmer2880
04-18-2006, 01:19 PM
I wonder what it will take for me to make my (future) Muscle car to run on E85......;)

That brings up a good point.. I thought all you had to do to run 85, was to retard your spark until it doesn't ping anymore. Since all new cars have knock sensors, won't they automatically do that for us?

captain planet
04-18-2006, 01:24 PM
GREED :mad: :mad: :mad:

JimN
04-18-2006, 01:42 PM
I was talking with my broker a couple of months ago and just like stocks, the price is based on greed and fear. The thing that really gets me PO'd about oil is that it's almost entirely speculation. The price may do this, may do that but it's not like other markets, where supply and demand generally drive the prices.

The country did this to itself, by the way. If people had the ability to not go balls out on just about everything and see the big picture when it should, the cars of the '50s, '60s, and '70s would have been more efficient and we wouldn't have been playing catch-up to the rest of the world's auto makers. Less raw materials would have been used to make those cars, too. Too much throw-away mentality. The oil companies say the lack of refining capacity is one of the biggest causes. How long does crude oil last? It's been in the ground surrounded by dirt for millions of years. A few more in above-ground tanks shouldn't hurt. Oh, yeah- greed. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

boatless
04-18-2006, 01:45 PM
I just don't get it,

You guy are driving a $70,000 suv and riding on a $80,000 Mastercraft boat and you complaint about a $3.00 a gallon of gasoline !!! Are you kidding me ? :D

bcampbe7
04-18-2006, 02:22 PM
I just don't get it,

You guy are driving a $70,000 suv and riding on a $80,000 Mastercraft boat and you complaint about a $3.00 a gallon of gasoline !!! Are you kidding me ? :D

I think your way off for about 98% of this board.

On another note:
Exxon is going to install KY dispensers at the pumps to make it a little easier to fill your tank. I also hear that by the end of Summer they will be offering a hug and possibly dinner for every 1000th cutomer! :uglyhamme

LakePirate
04-18-2006, 02:26 PM
I just don't get it,

You got to complain about something.....espically if you have a 70k suv and an 80k mc.

captain planet
04-18-2006, 02:51 PM
You got to complain about something.....espically if you have a 70k suv and an 80k mc.
Not to jack the thread, but is it possible to put that many options on a 197 to make it 80K? :rolleyes:

LakePirate
04-18-2006, 02:53 PM
Not to jack the thread, but is it possible to put that many options on a 197 to make it 80K? :rolleyes:

Not on a 197 but there are on an 89 Tristar... :rolleyes:

boatless
04-18-2006, 06:17 PM
OK guy how about answering this one ?

If we don't have enough refinery to convert oil to gasoline, and that is the reason why gas price has gone up. Supply and demand kind of thing. That I can understand. The question is, then why the he*&%ll is the price of oil would go up $70 or more per barrel ?

It all come down to price gauging, and they know that no one can do anything about it. Our government can't touch them, congress can't do anything. With so much money they received from the oil company, it is better to close eyes and shut mouth.

As for me, I will try to learn from the oil company. Finding way to make more money from the poor, :woohoo:

erkoehler
04-18-2006, 07:54 PM
I just don't get it,

WRONG!

I drive a modest SUV which was about 25K and a used MC for 18k. So, just write me out a check for the $107,000.00 to cover the difference and I won't say a word about gas prices.

bradamerry
04-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Didn't we go through this last year..... Everything we buy now days is overpriced. I mean a buck for a bottle of water, a bottle of water!!!! Water cost more than gas and you can get it anywhere. Everybody needs a job, so if gas prices go down, some of us will need a new job. Anybody want to pay me what I make now?? If you do, I will ***** about the price of fuel with you, if not, buy a Civic and car pool to work.

Danimal
04-18-2006, 09:45 PM
America has tons of oil. The big problem is the "tree hugging moonbats" that have stopped us from drilling for plenty of oil in Alaska and offshore. Granted it is way more expensive to drill offshore.. but, to drill in Alaska is reletively cheap. One of the main problems is, said Moonbats, have managed to stop ALL refinery building for the last two decades...

Take that info for what it's worth. :cool:

bradamerry
04-18-2006, 10:00 PM
America has tons of oil. The big problem is the "tree hugging moonbats" that have stopped us from drilling for plenty of oil in Alaska and offshore. Granted it is way more expensive to drill offshore.. but, to drill in Alaska is reletively cheap. One of the main problems is, said Moonbats, have managed to stop ALL refinery building for the last two decades...

Take that info for what it's worth. :cool:
I agree, but most folks have NO idea what it cost to get oil and gas out of the ground. Those drilling rigs don't work for free.

Danimal
04-18-2006, 10:16 PM
I do understand what you are saying but it would definitely take some of the pressure off of our reliance on "foreign oil", would it not? It may not drop the gas price, but it would most likely hold it where it's at. We have plenty of oil to last until we can figure out an alternative means of gathering energy... and ethanol IS NOT the answer. I surely do not believe in more mandates, especially when it comes to energy. The market place should mandate what we need.. not the government. Federally mandated fuel options is not the way to go. You can mandate until you are blue in the face but that cannot fix the issues that are at hand.

bradamerry
04-18-2006, 10:25 PM
Yes, we have a large amount of natural gas and oil we have not tapped at this point. East coast is one of them, but the left side doesn't want there ocean filled with offshore rigs. Alaska has alot more in the central part of the state. They don't mind us drilling on the north slope where no one else wants to be, but not in the places folks want to live or play. Arkansas, along I-40 is the next big play, I'm here now trying to get things started for our company. The other big problem is, there are not enough rigs or workers to make the prices fall. If the government would make all the welfare people come work in the oilfield, it would help, but they would start losing votes!!! And we can't have that, now can we.. :rolleyes:

JEREMY79
04-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Brad I couldnt say it better. What area of the business are you in?

As long as we (as in the oilfield workers) are busting our arse 12-20 hours a day, you bet your a$$ we are going to get compensated for it.

Again, I am with Brad, you pay me what I am making now (not the years we starved to death[diffrent rant]) then I will bit*h with you.

bradamerry
04-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Brad I couldnt say it better. What area of the business are you in?

As long as we (as in the oilfield workers) are busting our arse 12-20 hours a day, you bet your a$$ we are going to get compensated for it.

Again, I am with Brad, you pay me what I am making now (not the years we starved to death[diffrent rant]) then I will bit*h with you.
79, we sale bits and core wells.

Danimal
04-18-2006, 10:37 PM
I never said that we would pay slave labor... I did say that if we drilled it might keep prices where they were. I never said prices would drop.

JEREMY79
04-18-2006, 10:41 PM
I am in the wireline service business.

Danimal. It is not cheap to drill either. Fuel, labor, pipe, treatments, jack (if you are sucessful) it is a never ending cycle.

bradamerry
04-18-2006, 10:42 PM
I never said that we would pay slave labor... I did say that if we drilled it might keep prices where they were. I never said prices would drop.
True, but we already are drilling with 100% of the rigs in the U.S.A. They are putting new ones out as fast as possible, but with the prices of steal, the new rigs have to charge more to equal the cost of the steal. And even if we had more rigs, who's going to work on them? And they make good money for the work. But our powers to be keep paying folks to sit on their a$$ for their VOTES.

bradamerry
04-18-2006, 10:43 PM

Danimal. It is not cheap to drill either. Fuel, labor, pipe, treatments, jack (if you are sucessful) it is a never ending cycle.
We just put out a wireline coring unit, BIG MONEY!!!!

Danimal
04-18-2006, 10:45 PM

I understand that it is not a cheap venture. So are you trying to say that we should leave the oil in the ground and rely on foreign oil and just pay their prices?? Supply and demand. If we have more and are not buying as much from foreign suppliers, the price might adjust. Correct?

JEREMY79
04-18-2006, 10:45 PM
I dont know about where Brad is at, but here every rig is running as hard and as fast as it can go. As soon as they trip out of one hole they are moving on another. More rigs would help-if there was anyone to run them.

How deep do yall drill down there Brad?

Oh yeah, oil is 73.00 today. :)

bradamerry
04-18-2006, 10:47 PM
down to 20,000 in Louisiana and Texas, but most of this Arkansas stuff is arounf 6,000'.

JEREMY79
04-18-2006, 10:48 PM
down to 20,000 in Louisiana and Texas, but most of this Arkansas stuff is arounf 6,000'.

What formation is that.

Deepest we go around here is 2,500'. 1,700' is average

bradamerry
04-18-2006, 10:49 PM
I understand that it is not a cheap venture. So are you trying to say that we should leave the oil in the ground and rely on foreign oil and just pay their prices?? Supply and demand. If we have more and are not buying as much from foreign suppliers, the price might adjust. Correct?
Yes, it would adjust some, but we don't have the rigs or workers for them.

JEREMY79
04-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Yes, it would adjust some, but we don't have the rigs or workers for them.

Not gonna change either. Nobody wants to work that hard anymore.

Larryp
04-19-2006, 12:08 AM
If everyone would boycott exxon mobile, they would have no option except to lower prices. Please don't use citgo either as it owned by crazy hugo chavez. when prices go down at mobile switch back, there you go.

jimmer2880
04-19-2006, 03:02 PM
WRONG!

I drive a modest SUV which was about 25K and a used MC for 18k. So, just write me out a check for the $107,000.00 to cover the difference and I won't say a word about gas prices.

I have 3 cars. a '99 'burban, bought used for $18,000. A '92 Jeep Wrangler bought used a couple years ago for $5,000. And a '88 Chevy 1500 bought used a couple years back for $3500.

Bought my '95 PS190 several years ago for $16,000. If you look at all my vehicles, only 1 of them is close to the value of my MC.

If you add up all of them (along with the boat), that still only comes to $42,500 when they were purchased. Pls mail a check my way for the rest & I'll stop complaining about gas prices. :)