PDA

View Full Version : Off to Hawaii For Hockey!

jmyers
04-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Well we are off to Hawaii on Saturday! I sure need a little time away! We are playing in a hockey tournament starting Monday with two games and one game on Tuesday. And hopefully when we get back it will be time to ski! :headbang:

erkoehler
04-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Have fun down there, and I hope the rain is done when you get back :)

tex
04-17-2006, 10:11 PM
That sounds like a blast. My team keeps throwing around the idea of playing in one in Vail or Aspen.

tommcat
04-18-2006, 08:44 AM
That sounds like a blast. My team keeps throwing around the idea of playing in one in Vail or Aspen.
we're considering las vegas for next year. i really have no desire to go there but i'll go wherever there is good hockey.
a guy i know just got back from a tournement in amsterdam, i bet that was interesting :cool:

Leroy
04-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Jmyers; I never would have guessed Hawaii as a hockey mecca! Have a fun time and hope you have enough free time! Which island?

RackAtak
04-18-2006, 03:12 PM
We've been on Maui since last Thursday the 13th. Beautiful weather, cold drinks and fabulous restaurants. Great scenery by the pool as well...Going back home on Sunday the 23rd...

jmyers
04-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Jmyers; I never would have guessed Hawaii as a hockey mecca! Have a fun time and hope you have enough free time! Which island?
We are going to be in Honolulu. Staying at the Hilton on the beach! I can't wait to get some R and R, it has been a long month!

BriEOD
04-18-2006, 05:01 PM
I've been to that rink it's down near the base under Nimitz Hwy. Have a good time and if you need a list of places to go let me know. I lived there for 4 years--good times.

jmyers
04-18-2006, 06:53 PM
I've been to that rink it's down near the base under Nimitz Hwy. Have a good time and if you need a list of places to go let me know. I lived there for 4 years--good times.
Thanks, if you have a couple of spots let me know!

BriEOD
04-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Hmmm...

You'll be staying at the Hawaiian Hilton Villuage. Well, I don't know if you are single/family on this trip.

Good watering holes in Waikiki:

- Duke's Canoe Club (must go - right on the beach)
- Moose McGilycuddys
- Red Lion
- Mai Tai Bar

Resteraunts in Waikiki:
- Sam Choy's
- Benihana (in the Hilton Complex)
- Any chain you can think of

North Shore (good 30-40 car ride from Waikiki)
- Rosie's Mexican in Haleiwa
- Pizza Bob's in Haleiwa
- Sugar Bar in Wailua

Must see:
- Pearl Harbor Memorial (near Arizona Memorial Stadium)
- North Shore (waves should be picking up, in the winter the North Shore is flat as a pancake)

Have fun!!

Leroy
04-18-2006, 08:02 PM
That sounds great! I used to lay over there coming back from Taiwan every trip! Surfing, windsurfing, snorkeling and scuba!

jmyers
04-18-2006, 08:10 PM
That sounds great! I used to lay over there coming back from Taiwan every trip! Surfing, windsurfing, snorkeling and scuba!
That must be nice Leroy, my layover from Taiwan is 3 hours in Nagoya! I would take the layover in Hawaii anytime. :D Did you get layed I mean leied' on your layover? :eek:

jmyers
04-20-2006, 02:19 PM
I just found out the times for our games in Hawaii! First game on Monday at 2:00 PM and second Monday at 10:00 PM! :eek: And Tuesday at 1:00 PM. And one more Wednesday if we win. And than it is all about sitting on the beach! :dance: And :toast:

Leroy
04-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Jmyers; Is this an adult league or pro/semi pro team? I'm so envious!

No, was focussed on sports, stayed in cheap hotel, Reef something! Maybe I did the wrong sports. While there would surf at Honolulu, scuba in Hanauma Bay and ride the bus over to Kaneohe Bay to windsurf.

That must be nice Leroy, my layover from Taiwan is 3 hours in Nagoya! I would take the layover in Hawaii anytime. :D Did you get layed I mean leied' on your layover? :eek:

jmyers
04-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Jmyers; Is this an adult league or pro/semi pro team? I'm so envious!

No, was focussed on sports, stayed in cheap hotel, Reef something! Maybe I did the wrong sports. While there would surf at Honolulu, scuba in Hanauma Bay and ride the bus over to Kaneohe Bay to windsurf.
This is a 35 and over league, I am actually playing with my dad over there! Our team is the Silver Bullets sponsered by You guessed it Coors! We will play as team from Alaska, Canada, and Minnesota! I am taking my wife and son too. I wasn't going to go after all that has happened lately but I need to spend time with the family and what a better event and place to go! :D

east tx skier
04-20-2006, 04:23 PM
Great hotel. I stayed there three times on family trips as a kid. I think it was called the Kahala Hilton back then. I remember there being dolphins. We also saw Diana Ross on the beach.

Leroy
05-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Trip report Jmyers? How was it?

jmyers
05-01-2006, 01:38 PM
Trip report Jmyers? How was it?
I need a vacation! :confused: We had a great time, I took my son to see Pearl Harbor and did the tour of the Arizona WOW! Really brings it life when you are there! We went to snorkel at Honaly Bay( I think that is the name) And we got alot of beach time! Ok now to hockey- We played 4 games 1st game 4-0, 2nd game 5-1, 3rd game lost 4-3 in a chippy game, and for the championship lost 4-3 after OT and a 12 man shootout! I only scored 1 goal in the 10:00 at night win 5-1. I will get some pictures soon and a sight to see the game picture's.

jmyers
05-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Some pictures of the last playoff game are at- www.aces.photoreflect.com go to "2006" oldtimers tournement and click on Stockton vs. Anchorage, I will try to post some more later! I am number 19 look for the yellow stick! :D

BuoyChaser
05-02-2006, 05:03 PM
pick yourself up one of the books, depending on which island you're going to...best thing out there, we used the Maui Revealed book, and felt like I knew more about Maui than my own backyard!!! http://www.wizardpub.com/maui/maui.html