PDA

View Full Version : BOAT TRADER Vs EBAY

blue prostar 197
04-17-2006, 09:17 AM
What do you guys think is the best way to sell a boat? Ebay is getting very popular.

Cary K.
04-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Put it on Flipsell.com as well. While it is mainly for wakeboard boats, it does get a lot of hits and is free.

east tx skier
04-17-2006, 11:13 AM
ski-it-again.com is also a free site.

erkoehler
04-17-2006, 11:47 AM
When I listed mine, I put it on www.flipsell.com , www.craigslist.com , www.johndee.com , www.tmcowners.com

Sold it to the first person that came to see it.

blue prostar 197
04-17-2006, 11:57 AM
Thanks for all the help. I need to get serious about selling my boat. Just wanted to know what worked for you guys.

_DiZZ_
04-17-2006, 01:12 PM
I bought mine through boat trader

AirJunky
04-17-2006, 01:28 PM
With all the scams on Ebay, I kinda think their losing a lot of credibility. They were getting popular a few years ago & have since gone downhill. You really have to be careful buying anything there now, especially a high ticket item like a boat.

Datdude
04-17-2006, 03:19 PM
When I listed mine, I put it on www.flipsell.com , www.craigslist.com , www.johndee.com , www.tmcowners.com

Sold it to the first person that came to see it.

You are welcome :D

6ballsisall
04-17-2006, 04:01 PM
When we sold our 86' MC I had it on the following sites:

www.flipsell.com
www.ski-it-again.com
www.tmcowners.com
www.ebay.com
www.boattraderonline.com

The top 3 are free to you and I'd recommend them most definetely. I got several responses from ski it again, a couple from Flipsell, and one from TMC. Ebay ended up selling the boat for us and I think it cost me around $90 total. I paid about $90 for Boattraderonline.com and didn't get a single response. I will tell you as a former Trader employee and one in the know, their site traffic isn't a tenth of what they claim it is. None the less, I thought I'd try it given the name recognition but in the end no return on my investment there. Mind you on all these sites I had the same verbiage about the boat and the same advertised price so it was a very fair apples to apples comparison.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-17-2006, 04:04 PM
With all the scams on Ebay, I kinda think their losing a lot of credibility. They were getting popular a few years ago & have since gone downhill. You really have to be careful buying anything there now, especially a high ticket item like a boat.
Absolutely agree.

6ballsisall
04-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Good points about Ebay. I will say I got a lot of scam type emails from people wanting to buy my boat outside of Ebay. I.E. I am overseas and will send you a check for double the purchase price, need you to refund me half back at time of delivery.........

Be cautious, you'll get that junk anywhere you advertise. Believe it or not, I am seeing it happen in the real estate advertising world.

blue prostar 197
04-17-2006, 04:16 PM
very helpfull
thanks alot

Workin' 4 Toys
04-17-2006, 04:23 PM
very helpfull
thanks alot
And the listing is free here too.....;)

blue prostar 197
04-17-2006, 04:49 PM
And the listing is free here too.....;)

I have it listed here.

It's been listed for 2 weeks and I've only had one interested person. I put the price a little high thinking people would talk me down. But no one even seems interested.

erkoehler
04-17-2006, 07:24 PM
I have it listed here.

It's been listed for 2 weeks and I've only had one interested person. I put the price a little high thinking people would talk me down. But no one even seems interested.

Be careful, because if it is listed too high, people will pass right over the ad thinking your nuts....

Datdude
04-17-2006, 11:24 PM
I will give you $17,000 cash money for it ;)

Workin' 4 Toys
04-18-2006, 12:01 AM
I have it listed here.

Sorry, I didn't see it...:o

erkoehler
04-18-2006, 12:12 AM
It's there, and comes with a lift!!!

6ballsisall
04-18-2006, 12:15 AM
It's generally best for response requested type advertising to list a price that is going to be catchable to the prospects eyes and want them to act on it. You said you built in some negotiation room to your price, you might look at re-evaluating it and dropping the price half of the difference you are willing to take for it. If the right buyer comes along and wants to play the price game you still have a little play room and still can hit your target price.

Food for thought.