PDA

View Full Version : Bent Rudder Port

kskib046
04-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Is it possible to straighten a bent rudder port? Is it recommended?

Should a new one be bought, or should I heat it up and start pounding on it?

Thanks

Sodar
04-16-2006, 02:59 PM

Thanks

We bent the rudder port back on my buddy's "x-brand" boat. It did get us through the weekend, but since the bronze is rather soft, it torn between the flange and the post, causing a leak. I would say go for it, you have nothing to lose and if you are not happy with it, spend the $70 or so to replace it....

crdickey
04-16-2006, 04:58 PM

Thanks
I have an old one in fine shape. I replaced my PS-197 2003 rudder assembly with the 2006 version. I'd be happy to give it to you. I recommend the upgrade, myboat never handled so well as it does now. Call Mike at MasterCraft of Charlotte, he'll take great care of you. If you want my rudder assemply, email me @ crdickey@hotmail.com

kskib046
04-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Hmm... It helped your 197, I was under the impression the 06' rudder only helped the larger boats. If my port is shot, now would be the time for an upgrade.

I will call Mike tomorrow to run over my options. Thanks for your suggestion.

crdickey
04-16-2006, 09:54 PM
Hmm... It helped your 197, I was under the impression the 06' rudder only helped the larger boats. If my port is shot, now would be the time for an upgrade.

I will call Mike tomorrow to run over my options. Thanks for your suggestion.

Check out this thread from My MasterCraft site, Mike's website >> http://mymastercraft.com/Forum/view_thread.cfm?postid=4562&forum=2&category=2