PDA

View Full Version : need help grilling corn on the cob

milkmania
04-16-2006, 01:39 PM
I keep hearing how easy it is, but I've never done it....

what are the steps?

pull back shuck, pull off silk, pull shuck back up
soak in water (how long?)
cook on hot grill (how long?)

.......................better yet, why don't you guys tell me how it's done

Mag_Red
04-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Medium heat, husk on, place directly on grill approximately 30 minutes. Don't qoute me though. Done it once and this is from memory. :wavey:

milkmania
04-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Medium heat, husk on, place directly on grill approximately 30 minutes. Don't qoute me though. Done it once and this is from memory. :wavey:

thanks, sure sounds like good eatin' don't ithttp://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/badteeth.gif

milkmania
04-16-2006, 02:00 PM
edit:

double post

Kell
04-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Only thing I would add to what Mag has indicated, is that I usually soak the corn, husk and all, for about an hour prior to grilling.

RackAtak
04-16-2006, 02:54 PM
Cut off the silk end and soak the corn with the husk on for at least 8 hours in a bucket of salty water. I use one of those 8 gallon flat rubbermaid bins filled with water and coarse sea salt. Put enough salt so that the water tastes salty. It takes quite a bit. Move from the bucket straight to the grill and grill on medium for about 30 to 45 munutes turning a couple of times. After grilling wrap in aluminum foil until your other things are done grilling. Pull the husks and silk off. Most of the silk will come off with the husks.

Ramhouse
04-16-2006, 03:16 PM
I soak for 15min. I don't take out strings, just bbq 30 min. Take to cutting board and cut off ends, remove husk and strings come with it.... :headbang:

agua4fun
04-16-2006, 03:41 PM
i'll never cook it any other way
really you cant go wrong, sometimes i soak in salt water, sometimes not.
you guys have corn in oklahoma already??

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-16-2006, 04:54 PM
I usually peel the green stuff back, then butter the corn up REAL good, with salt and whatever seasoning you like, and put the green peelings back. then wrap it in tinfoil, then grill in on medium heat until its done. 30 minutes or so. WOrks real well for me.... :twocents:

milkmania
04-16-2006, 05:54 PM
i'll never cook it any other way
really you cant go wrong, sometimes i soak in salt water, sometimes not.
you guys have corn in oklahoma already??

yeah.....

but, it's from Mexico:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
04-16-2006, 05:58 PM
All we usually do is clean the corn of all shucks, silk, and cut off the ends, lay in aluminum foil and butter up good, wrap and grill on med. heat for 1/2 hour. Same with a tater, split it in half, put in a slice of onion, butter it up good, wrap in foil and grill 1/2 hour. The hard job is grilling spagetti and macroni and cheese!

SkiDog
04-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Does anybody know where they grow spagetti? My wife wants a spagetti plant for Easter.

Leroy
04-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Shuck it, get the silks off, let it sit on the table for 30 minutes and eat. Raw corn is much better than cooked.

TMCNo1
04-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Does anybody know where they grow spagetti? My wife wants a spagetti plant for Easter.

I heered they growed it in Italy, but my MC would run out of gas before I got there. Probably be best to go online and find someone bringing macaroni trees into the states and bring a spagetti tree or 2 in for you. Should grow well in southern Georgia, especially near a nuclear power plant.
Me and the bride had pineapple and ham sammages for supper, sure is curious how them fresh pineapples grow in them plastic containers and have that purrdy holes in the middle, yet next to them they have them with the hide and lids on them, musta come from a different tree?

SkiDog
04-16-2006, 08:21 PM
Too bad we ain't got no nuclear power plants round these parts. Do have a ole paper mill tho. Thas why we usta call the rivr we lived on the 'Toxic Turtle'! Made for some good 3 eyed fishin! :firejump:

TMCNo1
04-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Too bad we ain't got no nuclear power plants round these parts. Do have a ole paper mill tho. Thas why we usta call the rivr we lived on the 'Toxic Turtle'! Made for some good 3 eyed fishin! :firejump:

There you go. The paper mill can make to boxes for the spagetti and macaroni when you harvest it from your trees!

bradamerry
04-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Butter the whole cob and wrap on tin foil for about 30 minutes. We do it all the time...................

redmike
04-16-2006, 09:25 PM
what he said.....works good with little salt also.....

milkmania
04-16-2006, 09:41 PM
I heered they growed it in Italy, but my MC would run out of gas before I got there. Probably be best to go online and find someone bringing macaroni trees into the states and bring a spagetti tree or 2 in for you. Should grow well in southern Georgia, especially near a nuclear power plant.
Me and the bride had pineapple and ham sammages for supper, sure is curious how them fresh pineapples grow in them plastic containers and have that purrdy holes in the middle, yet next to them they have them with the hide and lids on them, musta come from a different tree?

Parrot Bay Coconut Rum & Kern's Pineapple Coconut Nectar & ice........ and LOTS OF IT!!!!!!!

me and the milk maid were talking about the big d today
dang, I'm gettin' snockerred tonight:headbang:

X-45
04-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Take and onion and quarter it. Put a little butter and what other seasoning you like on it and wrap it with aluminum foil and through it on the grill with the corn. Thatís good eating.

tex
04-16-2006, 09:46 PM
GRILLED CORN ON THE COB

IN FOIL:

Remove husks; wash and clean corn. Place each ear on double thickness of heavy duty foil; wrap snugly. Preheat gas grill. Cook, with cover down, on medium setting 25 to 30 minutes, turning frequently.

IN HUSKS:

Pull husks away from corn, leaving husks attached. Remove silks, push husks back in place, tying with string to hold husks firmly around corn. Soak corn in cold water for 30 minutes. Preheat gas grill. Remove corn from water and place on grid. Cook, with cover down, on medium setting 25 minutes or until done, turning frequently.

6ballsisall
04-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Dang Tex, I need to hurry up and get my butt to DFW so I can have some of your good cookin!! :steering:

TMCNo1
04-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Get you one of them teflon coated pans with the holes in it from BED BATH and BEHIND [Beyond] and marinate green/red/yellow bell peppers, sliced vidalia onions, mushrooms, squash, zucchini, eggplant in italian dressing for 4 hours in a ziploc bag and grill in the pan till you can't stand waiting any longer!

Leroy
04-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Had that tonight TMC1, except I only use peppers and onions and put olive oil on to cook and then add teriyaki in last bit of cooking. Even my kids like them!My teflon holey pan was from Meijer....I don't shop at those girly stores except for a Christmas gift....