Why do I go through this every spring?
Sell the boat thoughts again... :rolleyes:

Farmer Ted
04-16-2006, 01:36 AM

2 Questions,

what would you buy to take it's place?

would it bring you and your family as much pleasure as your boat?

stevo137
04-16-2006, 01:50 AM
I hear ya' Farmer but we just don't have good options when it comes to lakes around here.
They just added 40 new condos with slips and more to come. It's to the point where I can't even think about finding good water anymore no matter when I go out there...

Leroy
04-16-2006, 01:53 AM
Stevo; I hear you! Mine may just pay for college soon.

Oh to live on one of the big TN lakes! Be careful and do not mess up with that beautiful boat!

Workin' 4 Toys
04-16-2006, 02:09 AM
Be careful and do not mess up with that beautiful boat!
It would be a shame to see that thing go. It is beautiful.

Sometimes, you don't know what you have until it's gone..... ;)

KEEP IT....!!!

erkoehler
04-16-2006, 02:29 AM
Steveo, KEEP IT!!!!

Trust me, I just sold mine, its still in the driveway since the new owner hasn't picked it up already, but I miss it already! :(

bigmac
04-16-2006, 08:50 AM
I hear ya' Farmer but we just don't have good options when it comes to lakes around here.
They just added 40 new condos with slips and more to come. It's to the point where I can't even think about finding good water anymore no matter when I go out there...Our lake association just shot down a 25 unit condominium development. They took the city on that end of the lake, where the condos were going to go, to court to get them to enforce Minnesota's Shoreland Development rules. The developer backed down.

Overdevelopment of lakes is a serious problem here in the land of 10,000 lakes.

bradamerry
04-16-2006, 09:51 AM
I still have first shot at it right??? But I'm not ready for you to sell.

vegashomeexpert
04-16-2006, 10:56 AM
This syndrome is easily treated with extra time on the water. Preferably, a short road trip to some glass. That relaxes the subconscious self destructive desires to get rid of the boat by bringing to the conscious forefront the memories of all of the reasons why you have a boat in the first place. This is an entirely normal condition and all symptoms will disappear of you follow these instructions. I am not a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :rolleyes:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-16-2006, 10:57 AM
about half way though reading that, I was wondering if you were gonna send him a bill ;)

lakes Rick
04-16-2006, 12:01 PM
They just added 40 new condos with slips and more to come. It's to the point where I can't even think about finding good water anymore no matter when I go out there...

Another reason to stop ALL imigration, not just the illegal FELONS that are here.. TOO MANY people......

Hoosier Bob
04-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Happy Easter! What we have here is a failure to properly manage our waterways. We can all get along. I have said before there should be Tow Only, Chaos and Idle Only zones. This would make it so the majority of us could find our spot and enjoy. Yes there will be X boats and Ski boats but at least the idiots will be gone from our Tow Zone. The fishing boats will enjoy a nice Idle Zone and the drunks can chop each other up in the Chaos Zone. Tubers do not count as towed! I here we can't enforce these zones! Who cares! Most will comply and most of us have had to let a moron doing 15 mph through an idle zone that he is breaking the rules. All of the lake will still be available for all but all will have to follow the rules to make life on the lake that much more enjoyable. :twocents:
KEEP YOUR BOAT! IT STILL LOOKS COOL IN THE DRIVEWAY! :dance:

School Skier
04-16-2006, 12:29 PM
I ask myself the same question. For years now we have had low water and my MC doesn't launch very well at the lake we own property at and I have to trailer it most of the time to another lake in the area. Our lake too, has become over crowded. Worst of all it's not relaxing like it used to be seems like the fireworks are a problem all summer long seems like some of the Rum Dumb politicitians let a law through that you can blast anytime. Last but not least it's hard to have an MC sitting on shore waiting for skiers seems like there are so many other options in activities today it's hard to get people to ski or train their kids to ski.

east tx skier
04-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Alright, Steve. Don't sell it.

How much? ;)

stevo137
05-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Thanks much for all of your input guys.
I think it's time, had a good run with my two MC's.
The boat isn't perfect and needs some interior and a bit of gelcoat work on the hull, other than that, she looks and runs beautiful.
I'm thinking considering what needs to be done, I'll ask $16,900.
Any thoughts before I list it?
Sound like a fair price?
stevo

bigmac
05-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Maybe we should lobby our politicians to pass a law that illegal immigrants can't put their boats in on our public waterways...

Ric
05-01-2006, 03:01 PM
This is a sad sad day

6ballsisall
05-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Stevo, between you not coming to Mag Mania and selling your boat I feel like I am loosing a great friend!! Don't do it!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ric
05-01-2006, 03:07 PM
ahhh to think of what I could do with the dollars I spend on this skiing habit!

stevo137
05-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Stevo, between you not coming to Mag Mania and selling your boat I feel like I am loosing a great friend!! Don't do it!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Like I mentioned, we could still try for the June dates, just won't have a boat!

6ballsisall
05-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Like I mentioned, we could still try for the June dates, just won't have a boat!

Hope you make it Stevo with the family! I had fun hanging w/ you last year! :firejump:

bradamerry
05-01-2006, 03:50 PM
what extras does the boat have???

bcampbe7
05-01-2006, 04:01 PM

You already have a tube! :D

bradamerry
05-01-2006, 04:04 PM
You already have a tube! :D
I know, but we don't need it anymore. She is sking now!!!!!

stevo137
05-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Brad, other than a new rub rail and complete off trailer buff and polish last year, it is all original except for a decent Blaupunkt stereo and new battery.
It does have the 285 HP 351.

bcampbe7
05-01-2006, 04:07 PM
I know, but we don't need it anymore. She is sking now!!!!!

I know man, just giving you crap.
She is doing great too I might add! :cool:

If you do buy Stevo's boat you will have to make a stop here to give it a run on Tims Ford for old times sake.

stevo137
05-01-2006, 04:08 PM
I am keeping my gear due to the fact that my brother in law still has his boat at his cottage and he will still pull me once in awhile.

6ballsisall
05-01-2006, 04:10 PM
hmmmmm.......... I hear a deal brewin :D

stevo137
05-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Hope you make it Stevo with the family! I had fun hanging w/ you last year! :firejump:
Same here, and you didn't even snore! ;)

6ballsisall
05-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Same here, and you didn't even snore! ;)
Hmm... I must have not drank enough. Give me enough Whiskey or Scotch and I could send a tidal wave down the lake :D

stevo137
05-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Hmm... I must have not drank enough. Give me enough Whiskey or Scotch and I could send a tidal wave down the lake :D
Maybe I just didn't hear it. I sure drank my share! :rolleyes:

6ballsisall
05-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Maybe I just didn't hear it. I sure drank my share! :rolleyes:
Nah, we just had a good ole time. I do remember thinking we were going to jail when you and Mag kept crawling all over those boats. I thought for sure we'd be calling Easty to come bail us out and represent our sorry arse's in court!! :eek:

stevo137
05-01-2006, 04:30 PM
For some reason I don't recall that J! :rolleyes:

6ballsisall
05-01-2006, 04:32 PM
For some reason I don't recall that J! :rolleyes:

I guess I was either:

A. to sober to remember
B. to sober to care

Either way i guess I need to work on that drinking thang. Maybe ole Hoosier Bob can help me out with that problem!! :D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Either way i guess I need to work on that drinking thang. Maybe ole Hoosier Bob can help me out with that problem!! :D
Ya think?? ;)

stevo137
05-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Thanks much for all of your input guys.
I think it's time, had a good run with my two MC's.
The boat isn't perfect and needs some interior and a bit of gelcoat work on the hull, other than that, she looks and runs beautiful.
I'm thinking considering what needs to be done, I'll ask $16,900.
Any thoughts before I list it?
Sound like a fair price?
stevo

Your input will be very helpful.
Thanks in advance!

6ballsisall
05-01-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't remember how many hours you have on the boat but if that is reasonable I'd say you are at a good starting place based on what I've seen advertised for other same year and style boats. I'd hate to see you sell but this would be the time of year to do so if you are going too. I seem to remember Sporty being interested in that model, might give him a holler.

stevo137
05-01-2006, 06:07 PM
It has 788 hrs and here is a link to a pic in the SS thread.
(woman in bikini not included).
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=7987&page=4&pp=10&highlight=thread

Ric
05-01-2006, 06:10 PM
hell stevo there should be a bidding war already from as many posts I've seen over the years from guys who said they wanted your boat when you were ready

east tx skier
05-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Your input will be very helpful.
Thanks in advance!

Steve, I think you know how fond I am of your boat and those like it. When it comes to selling things or throwing out an asking price, I'm fond of saying, "You only have one chance to be unreasonable." That is not to say that $16,900 is unreasonable. That is to say that (under most circumstances) you will never get more than your initial asking price. Were I to sell mine, I'd set the asking price high and leave being reasonable to negotiation.

Good luck with the sale. I'm sorry to see you get rid of it. It's a really beautiful boat.

Ric
05-01-2006, 06:14 PM
what boat???????

east tx skier
05-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Just out of curiosity, Steve. What's the extent of vinyl and gel coat repairs that need to be done?

stevo137
05-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Just out of curiosity, Steve. What's the extent of vinyl and gel coat repairs that need to be done?
The front bench cushion is splitting a bit and the back bench has some minor scrathes. I could live with it but planned on new skins or repair in a year or two.
The gelcoat has a few places on the hull where a thin layer of has peeled but you need to look close to see it. Heres's a pic of the spot and I will post more when I list.

east tx skier
05-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Doesn't appear to be much more than a sand and a respray.

stevo137
05-01-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm pretty sure that I could even handle this one and checked the Spectrum website but haven't had time.

east tx skier
05-01-2006, 06:59 PM
If Brad buys it, I've got a reasonable gelcoat guy who can make it disappear.

Leroy
05-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Stevo; $16,900 or priceless memories? Good luck, understand it's only fun if you have good access to good water and time!

Workin' 4 Toys
05-02-2006, 12:52 AM
I can say first hand, the issue he posted a picture of is something I don't think I would even bother with. I DO NOT see it until he pointed it out to me, even after he told me about it.
It is a beautiful boat, and I will be sad to see it go.
I hope the invitations won't end when its gone steve.....:(

erkoehler
05-02-2006, 01:04 AM
Steve, do I need to sell that boat for you:)

If anyone can get you a great price, I would be the one ;) Wouldn't you say JR?

stevo137
05-02-2006, 03:49 AM
Toys, thanks and it sure wasn't sunny that day! We should get together again soon!

Erk, perhaps you should get into sales my friend, it's been good to me...

erkoehler
05-02-2006, 09:11 AM
I want to get a job in sales at Chicago MasterCraft when I get back from camp :D

Workin' 4 Toys
05-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Toys, thanks and it sure wasn't sunny that day! We should get together again soon!

Erk, perhaps you should get into sales my friend, it's been good to me...
Yes, And I will have to have another "picnic", my little one has asked me twice if we could do that again. That has to be one of the coolest parking spaces around. I am surprised I have never been there before, thanks for pointing it out.

If you ever get to my neck of the woods, there is this great place to eat called Hooters up the road.:D

east tx skier
05-02-2006, 11:03 AM
I can say first hand, the issue he posted a picture of is something I don't think I would even bother with. I DO NOT see it until he pointed it out to me, even after he told me about it.
It is a beautiful boat, and I will be sad to see it go.
I hope the invitations won't end when its gone steve.....:(

You're right. I probably should've said "if you felt compelled to fix it." Had he not told me, I'd not have noticed it either.

stevo137
05-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Yes, And I will have to have another "picnic", my little one has asked me twice if we could do that again. That has to be one of the coolest parking spaces around. I am surprised I have never been there before, thanks for pointing it out.

If you ever get to my neck of the woods, there is this great place to eat called Hooters up the road.:D
It will take awhile to sell the boat so let's try again soon when the weather is good.
Me and Mrs. were talking about what a doll your little one is!
Bring the whole family next time and don't forget that we are always up for a drive to Bass Lake! ;)

Workin' 4 Toys
05-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Don't waste the drive.....What water is left might be ok for a canoe....:( And don't dare go from the launch!!!If it gets about 2' of rain, it might survive the summer...

Thanks for the comment on my little one.

stevo137
05-02-2006, 12:19 PM
I just remembered that I have a decent boat lift to sell too. Probably ask $1,000 and ask 16k for the boat.
Still open to comments before I list.
Thanks.

ski_king
05-02-2006, 12:43 PM
I am willing to bet $5 that Steve keeps the boat and starts a simular thread again in a year.

bcampbe7
05-02-2006, 01:08 PM
If he does sell it, the new owner will be getting a very clean boat. The previous owner is very meticulous and I believe Steve is even moreso.