PDA

View Full Version : Fun helping my buddy get his boat out of storage

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-14-2006, 11:28 PM
SO here was my adventure for the day. My buddy and I decide to go get his boat out of storage. iTs a 29' Four winns. BIG boat compared to what I am used to. So we go to the storage building out in the country. We borrowed my bosses demo truck, a 05 Silverado Crew 2500HD with a Duramax. so we back in and hook up, truck is in 4x4. Its a tight fit through the door so I am out watching for clearance. So, my buddy starts to pull the boat, but the boat aint movin! :eek: so, we get out and check to make sure all is clear, no chocks left, etc... all is good.
he gets back in, and I watch. he hits the gas.......boat dont move.....he gives more gas.......boat dont move.......more gas, no move....finally the wheels start to dig in and spin a bit on the hard dirt floor. we are shocked. we check everything AGAIN! all is good. he gets in and give it full nuts. boat starts to budge.....so we keep going, but the boat stops. re-evaluate. we try again, boat starts moving, wheels still diggin deeper in the dirt, but barely moving so UMP gets a wave of stupidity come over me, and I decide that if its THAT close, I can help by pushing.....Now lets keep in mind 2 things.
1. This boat weighs 12,000 + pounds. Its being pulled by a 3/4 ton truck with a diesel. The fact that a 200 lb guy is pushing is about as effective as trying to fart at the sail of a sailboat to make it go.
2. I have a mechanical engineering degree, magna cum laude, and I still can be stupid enough to forget all the knowledge I gained while earning that degree to think that I can actually push this 12,000 boat.

so UMP gets even stupider and actually starts to believe that I am helping the cause and making the boat move. so I get encouraged, and REALLY lean into it. I am pushing like a lineman pushing his coach across the football field on one of those skid things. I have my shoulder on the boat, just diggin in. so I push SOO hard, that I pull a muscle in my right buttock. So here I am with a sprained A$$ trying to push a 12,000 lb boat out of a garage. So I have to be the first idiot ever to sprain his A$$ trying to push a 29' boat because a 2500HD crewcab Diesel truck cant pull it. :rolleyes: anyway, after many tries, the truck finally pulled the boat out. But ended up with a sore leg and arse from it.

Go ahead, laugh. :D I posted this for all of your entertainment. I use didnt post it here for my health!!

6ballsisall
04-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Very funny UMP!! What happened to the super powers and strengths????

What caused the problem in the end? Seized trailer bearings?

erkoehler
04-14-2006, 11:32 PM
:dance: Brilliant :dance:

Hoosier Bob
What caused the problem in the end?

Now that is funny! :D

flipper
And laugh I did, not because I have done anything like that or anything. :D

04-14-2006, 11:35 PM
no problems with bearings JR, brand new trailer. just the floor was too soft(even thought it was hard dirt) and the boat was just TOOO heavy. everything was fine once we got it on the gravel
:rolleyes: except for my rear. I just got out of the hot tub hoping that will help. It really hurts!! like a cramp in my arse. Moving that boat was really a pain in the A$$!!! I mean it!!! What a deal.....BTW I couldnt use my super hero powers out there, I didnt have my costume, and I had to keep my identity safe.....

Leroy
04-14-2006, 11:41 PM
I'm sure your pushing made a difference! 8p

04-14-2006, 11:42 PM
I'm sure your pushing made a difference! 8p
of course it did ;)

SteveO
04-15-2006, 09:38 AM
No pics? The thread would have so much more impact.

JohnnyB
04-15-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the entertainment at your expense.....titling the thread "My @$$ is sore" probably would've drawn more rude comments and more atention to the thread....

Leroy
04-15-2006, 10:47 AM
I don't think UMP needs any encouragement and I don't want to see a picture of his skinny $$$ :D

No pics? The thread would have so much more impact.

Tom023
04-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Could have titled it "Broke Back Boat"

Datdude
04-15-2006, 04:56 PM

LMAO............

:uglyhamme

04-15-2006, 06:13 PM
I dont think I need to post any pictures.... :rolleyes:

My arse is better today. The hot tub helped.

I guess a better title for the thread would have been "I broke my @$$ pushing a boat" :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

rodltg2
04-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Do you have a got lady friend to run your tooshie?

TMCNo1
04-15-2006, 09:36 PM
UMP, you are freaking unbelievable, that engineering degree you have must have been one for driving a train, wooo, wooo, wooo, wooo, chug-a-chug-a-chug-a-chug. That's the best laugh I've had all week and just added to our first trip to the lake in the boat today, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bradamerry
04-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Sounds like you should have got a FORD.............................. :D

redmike
04-16-2006, 12:20 AM
Sounds like you should have got a FORD.............................. :D
why, when a cummins would have had to pull them both out when the ford broke..... :wavey:

Leroy
04-16-2006, 12:35 AM
You lost me Rod!

Workin' 4 Toys
04-16-2006, 02:19 AM
See UMP... Them darn Chevy's will bite you in the A$$ everytime......;) J/K...

seaforth
04-16-2006, 08:28 AM
UMP,

Your school called, they want the degree back, seems there was some sort of mix up, you actually have a degree in philosophy...

04-16-2006, 10:29 AM
No1, ALL ABOARD HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! I am the engineer on Ozzy's Crazy Train. :guitar: :headbang: Maybe thats what my degree really is for, maybe I missed my calling. Hey!, can we fight crime with a freight train? Never seen Super Hero use a train as transportation before. Our secret super hero hide out could be grand central station. LOL!

And Yes Leroy, I didnt catch Rod's statement either..... :confused:

Brad, Redmike, and WFT, OK boys lets not start a big Ford-Chevy-DOdge war here. This thread is about my broken arse, which is a pretty interesting topic. I get emails from people every day wanting to know how my arse is healing. so its a topic of concern. and we cant be having this thread derailed because you cant derail a thread that was started by a guy that MIGHT have a degree in train driving/engineering/conducting whatever thats called. WOO WOO!! Chuga ChugaChugaChugaChuga

seaforth, you may be right. we are trying to sort all that out now. I have NO1, HB, Lakey, and JR working on it right now. I need to get Leroy and SKIMC to help too. I may need legal representation on this, so I should retain Eastie. He may need to get my degree back :eek:

STay tuned, film at 11:00.

I am going to fix some more cereal.

lakes Rick
04-16-2006, 12:04 PM

I think he meant RUB you over educated morons.......

lakes Rick
04-16-2006, 12:05 PM

Or it could be titled " more loading troubles with a butt buddy"....

TMCNo1
04-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Ump, remember the TV show and movie "Wild Wild West", there you go, they worked out of a train. We must have some Super Hero's here in NC working out of the local train yard, they are like the postal service. We can tell when we are going to have a really big snow, cause when you go by the yard the engineers have the train engines jacked putting chains on, same way over at the airport, putting all season radials on the planes! When we've got such heroic work to do the weather can not stop us.

Neither Rain, Snow, Sleet, nor a road with a bump, will stop Camo Boy and the Super Hero named UMP!

jeverett
04-17-2006, 04:42 PM
What UMP! no poll?

jraben8
04-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Forget pictures, I want to see a video of that whole scene.

04-17-2006, 04:47 PM
How do I conduct a poll about my sprained arse?? What would the options be?? I am trying to be G rated here.

Dont matter anyway now, My arse has healed!! :) Its ok! you can all relax now, cuz I know you were all concerned. being a super hero, my arse is important. I cant save your arse if my arse is sore. Even super heros can bust their @$$. :firejump:

04-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Forget pictures, I want to see a video of that whole scene.

Ya know, that would have been a good home vid. But it would have been better if it were really muddy and I slipped and fell on my @$$ instead, and then got all muddy. better entertainment value for the viewer. I am all about humor and laughing, even if the joke is on me. You should have seen the home video of my 5th birthday party when my mom used those trick candles on my birthday cake , the candles that wont go out, they stay burning no matter how hard you try to blow them out. I got so PO'd at her and I ran up to the video camera and was *****in my head off pointing my finger. no sound, these were the OLD 8 mm cameras. We sit and LMAO at those old famliy vids.

LakePirate
04-17-2006, 05:02 PM
I am pushing like a lineman pushing his coach across the football field on one of those skid things.

They are called sleds.

As far as the arse...I got nothing.

ski-aholic
04-17-2006, 08:47 PM
OMG ............. :uglyhamme

I just had the worst weekend EVER .... and reading this post actually got me to laugh out loud .... I needed that .... Thanks UMP ;) for letting us laugh at your expense ....

Ski-Aholic's Wife .... <<<<<< still giggling

bradamerry
04-17-2006, 10:46 PM
why, when a cummins would have had to pull them both out when the ford broke..... :wavey:
cummins, HA!

04-17-2006, 11:05 PM
OMG .............

I just had the worst weekend EVER .... and reading this post actually got me to laugh out loud .... I needed that .... Thanks UMP ;) for letting us laugh at your expense ....

Ski-Aholic's Wife .... <<<<<< still giggling

NO Problem! :) I am all for good humor, even if its at my expense. Hey! if its funny, its funny! Life is too short to NOT be able to laugh at yourself. I learned that long ago. Its just healthy to laugh. :D Glad I could give you a smile and a good laugh. Hope your week goes better than your weekend did. :wavey:

UMP

ski-aholic
04-18-2006, 01:18 PM
NO Problem! :) I am all for good humor, even if its at my expense. Hey! if its funny, its funny! Life is too short to NOT be able to laugh at yourself. I learned that long ago. Its just healthy to laugh. :D Glad I could give you a smile and a good laugh. Hope your week goes better than your weekend did. :wavey:

UMP

:wavey: Thanks UMP