PDA

View Full Version : Lt-1 PCV Valve???

kpickett
04-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a PCV valve on the LT-1? I've got a '94. I feel stupid, but I can't find one anywhere. I've seen a couple other folks question this, too.

Also, does anyone know the NAPA oil filter number for the '94 LT-1?

Thanks,

KWP

DrJ
04-17-2006, 12:02 PM
I have a 96 prostar with the LT-1. Dont know about the PCV valve. As far as the oil filter, you will probably need to head to your local marine store. An auto filter will not fit on the LT-1. I ran into the same problem the first time I tried to change mine. The rubber gasket on the auto verson is near the center of the filter and around the outside edge of the marine verson. I have to get mine at a local boat shop. Dont know the #. Sorry. Hope this helps.

Sodar
04-17-2006, 12:26 PM
I just got my filter from Napa. I just asked them to cross reference a Fram PH-30. I think it was a Napa 1032, but do not hold me to it.

As for the PCV valve, in the position where most are, it seems that there is just a plastic elbow, making me believe it does not have one...

kpickett
04-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Cameron,

Yeah, I've seen the elbow, but no idea on the PCV valve. I saw you asked the question a few weeks back.

If you have a chance, can you check the Napa #? My local guys couldn't x-reference from the Mastercraft part #. I've had a Napa filter before, but don't remember what number.

Thanks,

Kyle

firesmith
04-21-2006, 10:21 PM
My 97 Prostar 190 LT1 takes a NAPA Gold #1069.

tommcat
04-22-2006, 08:13 AM
i picked up my oil filter from the local part store (similar to NAPA) and all i did was cross reference the GM part number. which of course i cant seem to find for you right now. it was in a thread here but i cant find it

Kell
04-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Cameron,

Yeah, I've seen the elbow, but no idea on the PCV valve. I saw you asked the question a few weeks back.

Interesting, while poking around last night I looked for the PCV valve on my LTR. There are two hoses coming out of each valve cover, one with a PCV valve and the other is jus the plastic elbow (no PCV vale). The hose with just the plastic elbow goes to and hooks up to the flame arestor. The hose with a PCV valve goes somewhere where all the fuel injectors are located (couldn't quite tell what it goes to b/c of the large gray plate on top) see below pic. Is this correct?

JimN
04-23-2006, 11:21 AM
The PCV is always connected to the intake under (after) the throttle plate which is the reason the RPM goes nuts when it's removed. The other one is just a breather, which doesn't need much vacuum to work, just what occurs under acceleration. Sometimes, the PCV hose goes to the throttle body base and on some of the older models, it goes directly to a runner on the intake manifold.

jdhunt0
04-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Any idea where I can get the plastic elbow on the breather? Mine broke off.

JimN
04-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Any idea where I can get the plastic elbow on the breather? Mine broke off.

I'd look for a brass one. Any good auto parts stores near you?

jdhunt0
04-05-2009, 11:46 AM
One end glues on to plastic, don't think a brass one will work.

JimN
04-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Post a photo. Otherwise, why not put a longer hose on and a different fitting, as long as it works?