PDA

View Full Version : Hummer H3

ski_king
04-14-2006, 08:48 AM
Does anybody on here have an H3 or know somebody who does?

How is the towing ability. It is rated for 4500 lbs with the automatic, but how well does it do? From what I read gas milage is in the teens for normal driving.

I have not been a Hummer fan, but the H3 is growing on me also and I bought a raffle ticket for one from local fire department and will pick it up in June when they pull my ticket. I need to know how it will pull the 197 I am going to win from Overtons.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-14-2006, 08:55 AM
We just got 5 of them in stock last week. 2006 model program units with miles on them. They arent priced that badly. I dont know much about them. I drove one, they are kinda neat. They have the Colorado 5 cyl engine. the mileage is rated in the 16-20 range roughly. They seem to be built like a brick ****house from what I can tell...... time will tell how they do I guess. :popcorn: I would have to say they should tow a bit better than a colorado given the suspension.

Did you buy your lottery ticket yet to win money to buy that private lake to use it on, seeing your so lucky :cool:

H20skeefreek
04-14-2006, 08:58 AM
That isn't saying much though. If you read the reviews of the colorado, the towing sucks on it. I almost bought a Colorado, and I'm glad I didn't.

04-14-2006, 08:59 AM
That isn't saying much though. If you read the reviews of the colorado, the towing sucks on it. I almost bought a Colorado, and I'm glad I didn't.

TRU DAT! :) I have to agree. The colorado isnt very impressive IMO. :rolleyes:

jrhollow
04-14-2006, 09:36 AM
I rented a H3 with I was in Vail last month. It seemed to be way under powered. Climb some of the hills was painfull. Running close to red-line I was being passed by everyone short of the semi's. Not very impressive.

PapaJoe
04-14-2006, 09:44 AM
The Hummer H3 is a piece of JUNK!!!! Do not buy one... Its the HUMMER name at the cheapest way they could produce them... Mostly made out of plastic.... My wife's GMC Envoy has a larger engine, and better towing capacity...

JOE

mplv
04-14-2006, 10:04 AM
i got a tahoe with the 5.3 in vail and it did the same as your h3, those mountains are steep man. i do agree that the h3 is underpowered but ive read that a v8 option will be there for 07. i have a h2 sut and couldnt be happier with it

SkiDog
04-14-2006, 10:10 AM
:twocents: It looks like an OLD overgrown Jeep Cherokee! How well do you think one of those would pull an MC?!?!?!?

jrcarte78
We just got 5 of them in stock last week. 2006 model program units with miles on them. They arent priced that badly. I dont know much about them. I drove one, they are kinda neat. They have the Colorado 5 cyl engine. the mileage is rated in the 16-20 range roughly. They seem to be built like a brick ****house from what I can tell...... time will tell how they do I guess. :popcorn: I would have to say they should tow a bit better than a colorado given the suspension.

Did you buy your lottery ticket yet to win money to buy that private lake to use it on, seeing your so lucky :cool:

I didn't know that!! That's crazy! I would think GM would have more foresight than to ruin the Hummer's manchild reputation by putting a 5 cyl motor in it.

Workin' 4 Toys
SAD to say, I did not look them up with my recent shopping experience. And there is a Hummer dealer right down the street.
I think the looks are growing on me too, perhaps just because I would like to have the H1 in the garage.
If the H3 is still around next time, I will also try it on. It might get the 5.3 by then....:cool:

04-14-2006, 10:12 AM
The Hummer H3 is a piece of JUNK!!!! Do not buy one... Its the HUMMER name at the cheapest way they could produce them... Mostly made out of plastic.... My wife's GMC Envoy has a larger engine, and better towing capacity...

JOE
I have to say I was skeptical about the H3, but since driving one I thought it was fine. Hey, its an H3, not an H2. Its for a different crowd. Its not a "full size" vehicle and shouldnt be compared with Full size SUV's like Tahoes or Expeditions, etc...
WHile it might not be a "tow rig" I have to say I did not think they were flimsy. I dont see where the "mostly plastic" comment comes from. I mean it has 4 big steel tow hook eyes on the bumpers that mount DIRECTLY to the frame, that isnt chinsy in my book. Keep in mind, these arent H2's they are a different animal. I will say that I bet they will make great 4x4 vehicles in the woods. Lots of ground clearance. I bet if they had a good set of tires, those would be good in the mud like an older Jeep CJ. I would love to have one of those beasts to romp around the woods in for fun. :twocents:

ski_king
04-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Until I took a close look at one yesterday, I assumed it shared the 4.2 I6 with the Trailblazer/Envoy/Rainer/Ascender/etc.

04-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Until I took a close look at one yesterday, I assumed it shared the 4.2 I6 with the Trailblazer/Envoy/Rainer/etc/etc.

I did too until we got them on the lot. Th 4.2 would probably have been a better choice, but I think they were looking for fuel mileage and those 4.2 arent great for mileage.

jrhollow
04-14-2006, 10:24 AM
I did like how the H3 handled down the mountains! I have and 01 Yukon and it doesn't handle nearly as nice as that thing.

I would agree with you comments about it being good in the woods, we climbed a few snow banks and it had no problem. But, how many people buy an H2/H3 for it's offroad capabilities? People buy then for driving to the mall and to haul their kids around.

04-14-2006, 10:32 AM
I did like how the H3 handled down the mountains! I have and 01 Yukon and it doesn't handle nearly as nice as that thing.

I would agree with you comments about it being good in the woods, we climbed a few snow banks and it had no problem. But, how many people buy an H2/H3 for it's offroad capabilities? People buy then for driving to the mall and to haul their kids around.
TRU DAT! :D

mplv
04-14-2006, 11:18 AM
i have heard its very good offroad

mplv
04-14-2006, 11:21 AM
you would be suprised at the number of people who buy h2s having never been off road and get into offroading. i think i saw in a study done by hummer saying that something like 35% of owners go off the road frequently, im one of em

VTJC
04-14-2006, 11:33 AM
I have read that the 4.2 inline six in Envoy/Trailblazer is to long for the Colorado/H3 chassis.

Rockman
04-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Personally, I think they look stupid. A 3.5 liter engine to tow a boat? :noface: I don't think so.

A friend of my wife has one and it's nice to get groceries and all but more of a chick ride than anything (sorry, no insults intended!).

H3= A Jeep Laredo on steroids. :cry:

Ric
04-14-2006, 11:56 AM
sooooo, sounds like ump needs to bring the prostar to work one day and hook her up to the H3 and give us a report!

Workin' 4 Toys
04-16-2006, 12:35 AM
I did too until we got them on the lot. Th 4.2 would probably have been a better choice, but I think they were looking for fuel mileage and those 4.2 arent great for mileage.
I saw an SS run the dragstrip today. It did better than we expected.

Leroy
04-16-2006, 01:00 AM
The kids at our high school seem to like these and the new Jeep Cherokees very well.

04-16-2006, 09:56 AM
I saw an SS run the dragstrip today. It did better than we expected.

Do you mean a Trailblazer SS WFT?? I havent seen one of those yet... Can you tell me more if thats what you saw.

Ric, I will see if I can hook one of those up sometime. My boss used one to tow his 4 wheelers on day, but thats not really a good test, a coupla 4 wheelers are light compared to a boat. I will let you know what I find out. THose things are getting like a rash up here, I saw a bunch of them yesterday.

T Scott
04-16-2006, 11:00 AM
I bought an H3 for my dealership last week and I think it is a fun little truck. Well said by others before, this is not an H2, Tahoe, or expedition, so don't compare it to them. IMO it is comparable to a Grand Cherokee, trailblazer, etc. I pulled my X-star out of the lake withit yesterday and it handled it with NO problem. I only towed the boat to the gas station and back and it was fine. However, I would imagine in the mountains, it would have a bit of a struggle. I don't have mountains to deal with

Hoosier Bob
04-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Run away! Run away! I am assuming we are comparing the 6 cyl Grand Cherokee and the 6 cyl Trailblazer/Envoy? Even so they have much more torque and HP than the Colorado. Much higher towing capacity and optional engines that will pull the H3 sideways. Check out the Colorado but put a round 800 extra pounds in the bed then go out to your local flat free way with boat in tow and be amazed ( :eek: ) not in a good way! Not gonna do it! Probably a cool ride but throw in towing and throw it out. Good Saturday night ride.
http://trucks.about.com/cs/chevycolorado/a/chevy_colorado.htm
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=19&article_id=8692&page_number=1
GMC/Chevy Envoy/TB 50 plus HP and Torque base.
Jeep Grand Cherokee is a push at base but much less and options up to 420 hp! Jeep GC SRT8 0-60 under 5 seconds? Wow!

T Scott
04-16-2006, 11:42 AM
It don't mean a thing, if you aint got that BLING! IMO the H3 has uch more bling and appeal than the Jeep, trailblazer, etc. Below is a pic of the one I bought for my dealership. Nice 32" knobby tires, chrome rims, XM radio, etc. I guarantee this gets more looks than a cherokee or trailblazer!

Hoosier Bob
04-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Agreed! I own a Trailblazer and will be my last. For towing I would not recommend the H3. For bling and show but very little go around 30-33k, yes. The H3 is all of the above, SHOW! Very cool ride but not for towing unless like you said to the local ramp or gas station. Now the H1 or H2 we are talking. Also around 30k there are some decent choices that will be less on the eyes but better for towing.

By the way TS very nice H3 and probably the coolest I have seen. :D

milkmania
04-16-2006, 12:10 PM
Agreed! I own a Trailblazer and will be my last. For towing I would not recommend the H3. For bling and show but very little go around 30-33k, yes. The H3 is all of the above, SHOW! Very cool ride but not for towing unless like you said to the local ramp or gas station. Now the H1 or H2 we are talking. Also around 30k there are some decent choices that will be less on the eyes but better for towing.

had a guy pull into the camping area last year with a decommissioned HumVee!!!

now we're talkin':headbang:

but, he said pedal to the floor got him about 58mph:(

ski_king
05-02-2006, 08:19 AM
This photo is posted in the gallery.

Ok, TexasRTR78, how does it do?
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/500/Copy_of_P4290585.JPG

jsonova99
05-02-2006, 09:07 AM
My girlfriend's sister has one, and she has had nothing but problems. She's had it for about a year and alrady had it towed into the dealer twice. All electrical problems, mostly with the ABS. She hates it and can't wait to get rid of it. Personally, I would go with the FJ Cruiser instead. Toyota reliability, equal or greater towing capacity, and every bit if not more of a "bling" factor if you're into that. It's also more capable off-road from what I've seen, but that's another subject. I also think that they cost less, atleast once the hyp dies down and the dealers stop marking them up so much. :twocents:

Workin' 4 Toys
05-02-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm sorry, but the only bling from this is the background. I wish we still had the puking smiley face, because it is as appropriate here as ever... Someone push it off the cliff, cause it's done...
Looks like a rav someone forgot to take the air inflator nozzle off and its ready to pop...

bcampbe7
05-02-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm sorry, but the only bling from this is the background. I wish we still had the puking smiley face, because it is as appropriate here as ever... Someone push it off the cliff, cause it's done...
Looks like a rav someone forgot to take the air inflator nozzle off and its ready to pop...

I agree 100%

I do like the old FJ's but this one just doesn't do it for me. :twocents:

ski_king
05-02-2006, 10:21 AM
I also agree. While the front end looks great on the FJ, they missed the boat on the rest of the styling.

Workin' 4 Toys
05-02-2006, 10:25 AM
I saw a yellow one on the road yesterday, now that was funny. I could not help but think MORK would have one if that show was still on.

jsonova99
05-02-2006, 10:28 AM
To each his own, but you can't argue with the platform it's built on, much more robust than the H3. Anyway, I'll take my Discovery over either one :toast:

Workin' 4 Toys
05-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Ok, now we are talkin bling. I'll hand it to LR, it's got something...

east tx skier
05-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Slight threadjack, but what's the Jeep Commander sporting under the hood? Anyone have one/towed with one?

bcampbe7
05-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Slight threadjack, but what's the Jeep Commander sporting under the hood? Anyone have one/towed with one?

You can get it with a Hemi! :cool:

east tx skier
05-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Is it the kind that will shut off four cylinders?

bcampbe7
05-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Is it the kind that will shut off four cylinders?

Not sure...

Are you getting one to go with your new 197. Oooops have I said too much? :D

Workin' 4 Toys
05-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Yes, 4 or 8 cylinder. And the one I drove, you could not notice when it did it. I was impressed.

Is it safe for me to say now I wish I would have got that engine.....:o

jsonova99
05-02-2006, 10:49 AM
I think the hemi comes standard with the ability to partially shut down when cruising to save on gas. I would think that is more than enough truck even with the smaller V8 to tow one of these boats. I would probably stay away from the 3.7 liter though. Seems like it would be slightly underpowered in a truck that big but I could be wrong. I think they have a diesel version on the horizon as well.

bcampbe7
05-02-2006, 10:52 AM
A co-worker just bought a `07 Tahoe that shuts off 4 cylinders. Very nice and un-noticeable.
I did test drive a Volvo XC90 with the same technology and I could tell when it switched. It had a very slight miss.

Workin' 4 Toys
05-02-2006, 10:58 AM
On the commander... only the 5.7 is the multi-displacement engine. The 4.7 is also a V8 but is not M-D.

Workin' 4 Toys
05-02-2006, 11:00 AM
A co-worker just bought a `07 Tahoe that shuts off 4 cylinders. Very nice and un-noticeable.
I did test drive a Volvo XC90 with the same technology and I could tell when it switched. It had a very slight miss.
I am very interested in seeing real world mpg's from the '07's. Will he/she be running E85?

bcampbe7
05-02-2006, 11:09 AM
I am very interested in seeing real world mpg's from the '07's. Will he/she be running E85?

No, we don't have that around here yet.

Workin' 4 Toys
05-02-2006, 08:21 PM
No, we don't have that around here yet.
Wow, and I thought it was common. Its every where here.

Tom023
05-02-2006, 08:39 PM
To each his own, but you can't argue with the platform it's built on, much more robust than the H3. Anyway, I'll take my Discovery over either one :toast:

You are right, even though the FJ isn't for me. But you can bet they are laughing all the way to the bank.

bcampbe7
05-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Wow, and I thought it was common. Its every where here.

Your in the corn belt. :D

east tx skier
05-02-2006, 09:19 PM
You are right, even though the FJ isn't for me. But you can bet they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Is the FJ the Commander? My jeep ownership was short term. I only know SJ, CJ, and XJ.

jsonova99
05-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Is the FJ the Commander? My jeep ownership was short term. I only know SJ, CJ, and XJ.

No, it's the FJ Cruiser from Toyota.

east tx skier
05-02-2006, 09:51 PM
Gotcha. I'm a little slow on the subject.

Workin' 4 Toys
05-02-2006, 11:29 PM
CJ5, CJ7, CJ8, XJ, KJ, TJ, YJ, SJ, ZJ
Are all I can think of from Jeep.

pq2
05-03-2006, 10:40 AM
i love my jeep but now its for sale

east tx skier
05-03-2006, 11:04 AM
CJ5, CJ7, CJ8, XJ, KJ, TJ, YJ, SJ, ZJ
Are all I can think of from Jeep.

Learned to drive a stick shift on a CJ7. Learned that JEEP stands for "Just Empty Every Pocket" on my 84 SJ Grand Wagoneer. Also learned that, on the SJ, when that fuel guage says empty, you don't have 50 miles to find the next gas station. You've got about 30 seconds. I learned that at 70 mph on I45 at 11 pm in the middle of nowhere. All of a sudden ... silence.

pq2
05-03-2006, 11:13 AM
now this is my dream tow car :guitar:

05-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Learned to drive a stick shift on a CJ7. Learned that JEEP stands for "Just Empty Every Pocket" on my 84 SJ Grand Wagoneer. Also learned that, on the SJ, when that fuel guage says empty, you don't have 50 miles to find the next gas station. You've got about 30 seconds. I learned that at 70 mph on I45 at 11 pm in the middle of nowhere. All of a sudden ... silence.
Eastie, you talkin bout the GRAND wagoneer? the Clark Griswold-esque looking wagon queen family truckster thing? the BIG boats? or the downsized job?

My dad had several of those big tanks in the 70's and 80's. He found a website a while back of this car dealer that specializes in seling those classic tanks. They replace the carbs with EFI, and recondition them so they are mint. They charge big bucks for them too. He wants one soo bad!! I told him when I win the lottery I will buy him a few of them.. :rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
05-03-2006, 12:17 PM
What is that, A Suzuki Samari?

bcampbe7
05-03-2006, 12:28 PM
What is that, A Suzuki Samari?

Come on W4T!
That's a Land Rover D90.

east tx skier
05-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Eastie, you talkin bout the GRAND wagoneer? the Clark Griswold-esque looking wagon queen family truckster thing? the BIG boats? or the downsized job?

My dad had several of those big tanks in the 70's and 80's. He found a website a while back of this car dealer that specializes in seling those classic tanks. They replace the carbs with EFI, and recondition them so they are mint. They charge big bucks for them too. He wants one soo bad!! I told him when I win the lottery I will buy him a few of them.. :rolleyes:

Yup, this is Matilda. Miss the good times, but not what it cost to keep her in tip top shape. The place I know of that sells the reconditioned ones is www.wagonmaster.com. No EFI though.

Ric
05-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Those are so cool, my brother had a 2door version of that when we were young and we had so much fun in that beast and of course broke many many parts on it too

damn near burnt it to the ground when he just haaad to have 7 daylighters across the top and we hooked them up with NO fuses.... hey, what's that burning smell???

we were young....

05-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Yup, this is Matilda. Miss the good times, but not what it cost to keep her in tip top shape. The place I know of that sells the reconditioned ones is www.wagonmaster.com. No EFI though.
Matilda!! :D We called ours "Old blue". what a ride! I also called it "FrankenJeep" because of the mix of parts....right from the factory! CHrysler Trans, Ford Carb, etc.... what a hodge podge of parts from various MFgs. Gas hog, gutless wonder. My dad ran out of gas several times with his too. :noface: we got that old beast stuck more than once I tell you that!

Datdude
05-03-2006, 08:44 PM

Defender 90's are bad azz!!!!! :cool:

Workin' 4 Toys
05-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Come on W4T!
That's a Land Rover D90.
:o I guess it looks like one....:o

jpattigr
05-04-2006, 12:22 AM
I promise you that the FJ Cruiser will still be pulling stuff when the H3 has gone back to nature and been recycled.

Workin' 4 Toys
05-04-2006, 10:33 AM
You're probably right, If I got suckered into buying that fugly thing, I'd leave it parked in the garage too so noone would see it.... They tend to last longer that way...

sizzler
05-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Defender 90's are bad azz!!!!! :cool:

i think that almost 80% of landrover defenders ever made are still running.....i dont think any other car comes close......

bcampbe7
05-04-2006, 12:02 PM
i think that almost 80% of landrover defenders ever made are still running.....i dont think any other car comes close......

Yeah, and I think 70% of all Land Rovers ever built are still running.

How much is a Diesel D90 over there Sizz? What about a D110? Can't get those in the States. :mad:

east tx skier
05-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Those are so cool, my brother had a 2door version of that when we were young and we had so much fun in that beast and of course broke many many parts on it too

damn near burnt it to the ground when he just haaad to have 7 daylighters across the top and we hooked them up with NO fuses.... hey, what's that burning smell???

we were young....

Two doors were the Cherokees. Four doors were the Wagoneers. 84 was the first year of the Grand Wagoneer, when the Cherokee became the little S-10 looking Jeep with the 4.0.

Owning the 2001 Expedition is definitely cheaper, even with the car payment. But the Jeep was a ball. Got 10 in the city. 6 when towing. You could watch the fuel guage drop. About a 15 gallon tank I believe.

Four Wheel Low was a monster and could get you out of pretty much anything. 2WD gear ration was something like 2.76. Not the best tow vehicle in the world, but it got the job done for a couple of years.

Shag carpet. Leather seats. Lots of woodgrain.

Yes, UMP. AMC had a bit of everything. Dodge 360. Ford Carb (2150 I think). Mine had lots of new parts in it when all was said and done. And it didn't leak a drop. Sold it to a neighbor for his 16 yo daughter. They sold it when gas prices spiked a year later. I saw it on the road and got the 17 yo male driver to role down his window. I can always spot it because of the AWSA sticker. He had done some work on it and reinstalled some of the molding. I told him it looked great. He seemed psyched to own it, which made me feel good.

05-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Eastie, I checked out that website you gave a link to, :eek: Holy **** are those old tanks expensive there!!!! thats NUTS! A person would have to be a REAL SERIOUS Grand wagoneer afficianado to for out 20 to 35K for a 15 to 20 yrs old underpowered tank. Poor gas mileage, poor towing capability, lots of trouble, man......what the ****????? WHY do people fork out that kind of cash for those beasts?? I remember when my dad started looking at those like 7 or 8 years ago, he found a site that did them with fuel injection upgrades, for like $11 to $15K WOW!!!!! :eek:

east tx skier
05-04-2006, 02:36 PM
I sure didn't buy mine there. There's a guy out in California that did restores and now sells refabbed parts for them.

Paid $3,500 for mine with 110k miles on it. Sold it a couple of years later for $3k. I didn't feel like haggling with the guy because he was going to need that $500 owning that jeep more than I would.

05-04-2006, 04:14 PM
I sure didn't buy mine there. There's a guy out in California that did restores and now sells refabbed parts for them.

Paid $3,500 for mine with 110k miles on it. Sold it a couple of years later for $3k. I didn't feel like haggling with the guy because he was going to need that $500 owning that jeep more than I would.
My dad traded his 86 tank in 1992 when he got his new explorer. He got $6500 for it on trade, and that was real money too, not inflated trade price because is was an A plan sale and there is no dealer markup on them to boost your trade in allowance. I went to work for that car dealership 2 years after that and looked up the file on it. They ended up sitting on that beast on the lot for over a year, and they sold it for $4500, took a 2K loss to move it :eek: . My dad about cried when I told him that, he said "he11 for $4500 I would have bought it back...." :purplaugh but that thing was a tank. just a hole he threw money into. The funny part was, I dont think there was a thing that DIDNT go wrong with it! I also had a 84 Jeep pickup, that was a total P.O.S. you could practically watch it rust, even with a new paint job. Engine lost a rod at 77K miles.

east tx skier
05-04-2006, 04:22 PM
It's a labor of love at $75 per hour. Cool trucks though. Lots of character and Americana spewing out the tailpipe.

05-04-2006, 04:26 PM
It's a labor of love at $75 per hour. Cool trucks though. Lots of character and Americana spewing out the tailpipe.
you are right about the character, they are neat rides, but not at the expense of the massive lack of quality. Like I told my dad, if I win the lottery I will buy you TWO of them, one to drive while the other is in the shop getting fixed. :rolleyes: and of course, I would need all that lottery winnings just to pay the repair bills...... :uglyhamme

east tx skier
05-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Got a friend who had three of them. 1 to drive. 2 for parts. I didn't have a problem with the quality overall. The truck was 20 years old. I bought it knowing I would have to fix it. It was fun, but not having it meant more to spend on the boat and ski gear. 'Twas a no brainer.

jraben8
05-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Let me add some fuel to your old Waggoneer fire...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-Jeep-Cherokee-Laredo-Runs-Great-NR_W0QQitemZ4636879349QQcategoryZ6281QQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem

I found this looking for something old to haul mountain bikes to the trail and pull the boat with and then get something cheaper to drive everyday since filling my Expy isn't any fun anymore.

05-05-2006, 11:43 AM
I would advise you to get in your expedition, fill it with gas, and drive as far away from that Jeep as you can!!!! :uglyhamme Think of it this way, if you spend $700 on gas for your Expy, as least your getting something out of it. If you buy that jeep, you will get a plenty of headaches, and the lug wrench in the jeep, which is good for prying your wallet open to pay for all the **** thats gonnna go wrong with it. :rolleyes:

$700 for that tank, I wouldnt give seven dollars for it!!! :uglyhamme

jraben8
05-05-2006, 12:56 PM
I found it and thought of you and Eastie after the past couple of days. There is no way that is coming this far south. The sun would eat up whatever the rust hasn't.

rodltg2
05-05-2006, 07:39 PM

thats a sweet ride, we dont get those here..

TexasRTR78
05-05-2006, 09:51 PM
This photo is posted in the gallery.

Ok, TexasRTR78, how does it do?
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/500/Copy_of_P4290585.JPG

It does GREAT!!! I love it...my husband bought it for me as a surprise last August and I love more and more every time I drive it! He did not purchase this vehicle specifically for its towing capabilities...I have always wanted to be a more avid off-roader and this is a GREAT vehicle for that purpose. But, it tows our MasterCraft just as good as his V8 Z71...I get about 12mpg in high ways (usually very windy around here in the Permian Basin area)...get about 20mpg highway and about 15mpg in town.....persoanlly, gas was not really an issue with us so not really a big deal to me.....I would drive an H2 or an H1 if I had one...just my personal preference.

I plan on taking some off-roading trips with my H3...belong to a Hummer forum and the group gets together a few times a year to have a little fun in Moab, Paragon, etc. My husband and I took our H3 to Fort Davis last year to play a little and see what it could do (well, actually, to see what WE could do without crapping our pants!)...and, lets just say that it can do WAY more than we were prepared to experience that day!!! The Hummer handled the steep rocks and hills with ease and never even had to grunt!!!

I could go on and on bout my H3 all day but what it really boils down to is personal preference....some really like the H3...some hate it with every fiber of their being...if I had money to just throw around I would probably have an H1, H2 AND a Jeep!!!!! I like 'em all. BUT, I prefer the H3....and btw, this thing is as SOLID as a tank!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Just my 2 cents :D
Angela

PS...if anyone is interested in knowing a bit more bout the H3, here is the link to the Hummer forum that I belong to....it is full of a BUNCH of great people who are VERY knowledgeable about all of the Hummer family....AND there are some great pics of the H3's in Moab doing some pretty cool stuff...hope to have video of it too, soon!!!
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums

Another REALLY KICK A$$ movie of an H3 going up Hell's Gate in Moab!!!!!
Part 1 of 2 http://www.hummerxclub.com/video/gmpartsguy/H3%20Hells%20Gate_0001.wmv
And Part 2 of 2...VERY SUSPENSEFUL!!!! http://www.hummerxclub.com/video/gmpartsguy/H3HellsGateConclusion.wmv

east tx skier
05-05-2006, 10:54 PM
Let me add some fuel to your old Waggoneer fire...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-Jeep-Cherokee-Laredo-Runs-Great-NR_W0QQitemZ4636879349QQcategoryZ6281QQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem

I found this looking for something old to haul mountain bikes to the trail and pull the boat with and then get something cheaper to drive everyday since filling my Expy isn't any fun anymore.

Yeah, had that back window problem with mine. The bearings in the originals were plastic and would warp easily. My mechanic fashioned a new motor and used steel bearings. Was solid ever thereafter.