PDA

View Full Version : Just when a guy wants to get a break.....

Workin' 4 Toys
04-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Just when a guy wants to get a break, someone has to step in and screw it all up!!!

LEAVE THEM ALONE (http://www.greasecar.com/forum_topicview.cfm?frmtopicID=7098)

No I am not in on this, but I USED to think it was a GREAT idea. Not so much for me, but there has to be a way to stop dependency and electric AIN'T it!!!

M-Funf
04-13-2006, 08:15 PM
My dad has converted a couple of diesel Merc's to BioDiesel (fry oil). Interesting idea, and better than the hybrids in my opinion, but you KNOW the feds and fuel manufacturers will want to get a piece of that action...

88 PS190
04-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Same with hybrids, IL charges more for registration of a hybrid in anticipation of the loss of fuel tax that they will experience.

Datdude
04-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Bastages!!!!!!! :mad:

Mag_Red
04-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Down right scary is what that is :mad: Tell me the Government doesn't F*** up everything they get involved with. They mandate more ethanol in our gas and all the sudden the price of ethanol, which come from freakin corn, shoots up to what gas is going for. The entire state of the country makes me sick some times. It's the privelegded few that are getting rich at the expense of poor workin slobs like us. :wavey: :twocents:

twieder
04-13-2006, 09:19 PM
How can they, without a specific law, tax a product that has already been taxed? (sales tax when purchased)
Reading things like this make me want to move to Russia...... oh wait I think I might already be there!!!!! :cry:

Ten bucks says our fore-fathers and those who gavee their lives to make a free country are rollin in their graves!!! :noface:

roddydog
04-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Bastages!!!!!!! :mad:
Farging, Stinking, Bastages!!!!!!! :mad:

Leroy
04-13-2006, 10:28 PM
That really stinks! I hold that there will never be alcohol from corn because if we start mass producing it people can also drink it. Imagine pumping a gallon of white lightning for $2/gal!

flipper
04-13-2006, 11:16 PM
And I thought California was bad. "We are going to charge you for helping the environment" That makes a lot of sense.

6ballsisall
04-13-2006, 11:18 PM
That is really lame. Granted he is violating the law by doing this, there seems to be much bigger problems out there which could use some government attention. :rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
04-14-2006, 01:42 AM
This is in a state that if you DO NOT have an electronic tracking device in your car for the gov to "TIME" your toll booth stops, you pay TWICE the amount for the toll. Oh, and mind you... We have to pay UPFRONT $40.00 at a time in reserve deposit. By lets say 5 million users so far. Wonder where that interest goes..?
Oh, and let's try and forget we have the worst TOLLWAYS in the country. I know, I drive ALL OVER the country.

Florida takes the cake on toll prices, but at least the roads are NICE.

THANKS FOR NOTHIN' Mr. Governor..

Ok, I am off my soap box (for now)

Sodar
04-14-2006, 02:59 AM
Leave it to the government to ruin someone's fun!!

AirJunky
04-14-2006, 03:13 AM
Man, what a drag. They get ya comin & goin! Seems like some lawyers should be able to figure out how to work that out. Double taxed? Break for disposing of all that garbage (grease)? Break for recycling? The government should be PAYING him to test this all out & make it manufacturable for EVERYONE!

Ric
04-14-2006, 11:38 AM
I wish I had the 5 minutes back that I just spent reading some of that..........

workin, do you know any of those guys?

Workin' 4 Toys
04-16-2006, 01:31 AM
I wish I had the 5 minutes back that I just spent reading some of that..........

workin, do you know any of those guys?
Do I know who?