PDA

View Full Version : MasterCraft Introduces Slalom Clinic Series, Presented By Pro Trainer Seth Stisher

TMC
04-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Seth Stisher has been in and around the sport of water skiing his entire life - learning to ski at 5 and competing since he was 10. He has been coaching professionally for 14 years and skiing professionally for 6 years. His lifetime involvement in the sport and in the industry is due to an intense passion for waterskiing and gratitude for all that the sport has done for him. Not only has he benefited from the friends and family the waterski world has given him, but from being involved in such a healthy lifestyle. He is a student of the sport as well as a coach and trainer. With no end in sight to his waterskiing pursuits or his involvement in the industry, he will continue to train and try to move up the ladder as a competing pro, while also learning something that may better allow him to help you become a better skier.

To learn more about clinics with Seth Stisher (either on your site or his), please go to: www.waterskitrainer.com (http://www.waterskitrainer.com/).

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/559/Seth_S_4.jpgAbout Seth Stisher:

Personal Info:
Marital Status: Married to Mary Ann Stisher in October, 2002
Children: One Daughter (Madalyn) who learned to ski at 19 months old
Hometown: Grew up in Arab, Alabama but living in Charleston, SC for last 7 years
Education: Graduated from The University of Alabama in 1998 with a BS in Secondary Education

Coaching Experience:
Coaching since 1994
Coach and Manager of Trophy Lakes from 1995-1996 and 1998-2001
English Teacher, Fitness Instructor, and Head Basketball Coach at Newtown High School in Sydney, Australia
Co-owner and head instructor of H2Osmosis Sports since 2002 (located at Trophy Lakes since November 2004)
Guest Coach at Gordon Rathbun's Ski Paradise for the last five years
Coached many top level athletes from all over the world including: the former Chilean National Slalom Record Holder, The Irish National Slalom Record Holder, The 2004 Junior Worlds Slalom Silver Medalist, various current pros and up and comers, and many top level "Big Dawg" competitors.

Skiing History:
Collegiate National Slalom Champion in 1997
Collegiate All American and All Star
One of first thirty skiers to run 39.5 off in a record tournament (2001)
Top Pro Tour Finish #11
Top Pro Tour Season Ranking #18
Finished as high as #15 on the IWSF World Rankings List

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/559/Seth_S_3.jpgCoaching Philosophy:
I believe that most people possess what it takes to accomplish their goals, but without guidance and proper coaching they may find themselves with little to no progress year after year. I also believe that for skiers, or athletes in any sport for that matter, to progress they must understand the physics, and mechanics of the sport. Far too many people train by what I would call “The Rules” of skiing rather than the physics of skiing. “The Rules” don’t exist and can inhibit performances and progress.

On the other hand if you understand the physics of what you are trying to accomplish, you can then execute certain finite movements to accomplish your desired results. This is why I like to give skiers more than just your average “ski tips” but rather custom tailor my coaching to their needs and desires and include a firm understanding of the mechanics of the sport along with any coaching I do. Furthermore I like to do all of this in a setting that promotes a healthy relaxed attitude and contributes to the enjoyment of the sport.

----