PDA

View Full Version : Mastercraft Lights

h20winn
09-28-2004, 09:22 PM
Anyone know how to get some information on installation of the rear facing lights for the zeroflex tower. I am interested in pruchasing two sets of the round lights for a 2004 X30. Also, does anyone know what the amp limits are for the accessory switches that are on the dash of the x30?

Any info will help... thanks

Young

JimN
09-28-2004, 10:24 PM
I don't know what the current limit is for the switches, but if the lights draw more than they will handle, you can latch a relay with the switch and carry more current without needing to buy new ones. Just make sure to use the proper fuse or circuit breaker on the 12 supply to the lights and relay.

dsoby
12-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Jim,
Any idea of what size fuse would be appropriate for the switch circuit?

JimN
12-15-2004, 03:05 PM
If you look at the wires going to the switch, they're probably 16 ga, which means that 15 A is about the max you want to run through it, but not for a long distance. If you're just latching a relay, it won't be near that amount of current. Some Bosch style relays are good for 40 amps, but if you need to run more than that, you can supply 1/2 of the lights with one relay and the other 1/2 with a second relay. Just make the two circuits don't share the groung unless it's adequate for that amount of current on a long-term basis. Post a list of exactly what you want to switch on from that point and how much current each device will draw.

Leroy
12-15-2004, 03:27 PM
If you go to the automotive parts store they have a light switch kit with relay, fuse, switch(but you may want to use existing dash switch) and overall wiring instructions. It is pretty inexpensive.

JimN
12-15-2004, 05:31 PM
You could also go to any GOOD car audio shop, too. They probably buy the parts in bulk and can set you up with a diagram if needed. You'll need wire (correct gauge), terminals, fuse holder or circuit breaker, relay(s) and anything else you need. FYI, the relay's connections are on one side of the relay case and shows which tabs are the coil (85=ground & 86=hot), which are normally connected (87a) and which is normally open (87). Use 30 for the output. This is standard Bosch style relay connection. You won't use 87a.

crdickey
12-27-2004, 03:29 PM
When I added lights to my Zeroflex tower, I bought the from MC because I wanted them to match. I bought the one set which has two white forward and two blue facing rear. They came with the perfect size wiring harness, fuse, dash panel switches and quick disconnects so you can break down the tower. They look great and I am very pleased with them.

crdickey
12-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Front view