PDA

View Full Version : NEW REQUESTED POLL - Whats your opinion of Joe Morgan??

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Whats your opinion of Joe Morgan?? Lakey wants to know. He asked me to poll you all on this topic because he gets on Lakeys nerves. Now I am the surrogate poll starter, I dont even know who this guy is. so here we go. Da da da Dunt da DA!!! Poll man to the resque!!! :dance:
slower than a speeding bullet, bangs into tall buildings, slips on ice, I am here to save the day!! :D

tex
04-10-2006, 10:13 PM
You mean joe morgan, one of the greatest 2nd basemen ever?

04-10-2006, 10:15 PM

I guess, I dont know. I havent watched baseball since I was like 14 yrs old :o Thats when I started water skiing and playing guitar alot :guitar: sorry, dont beat me up after school..... :(

BTW, Lakey what happend to your avatar??? :mad:

LakePirate
04-10-2006, 10:19 PM

I will never doubt his ability to play the game....now to commentate on it is a different story.

Everyone I have ever talked to despises him. So that begs the question is it just people I talk to, or is it universal?

tommcat
04-10-2006, 10:19 PM
who???? :confused:

LakePirate
04-10-2006, 10:20 PM
He is a commentator on ESPN Baseball coverage.

04-10-2006, 10:21 PM
I will never doubt his ability to play the game....now to commentate on it is a different story.

Everyone I have ever talked to despises him. So that begs the question is it just people I talk to, or is it universal?

That my son, is the purpose of the almight poll. Its like the "force" in star wars. It surrounds us, binds us together, you, me, the rock....the tree....a jedi uses the force for knowledge.

04-10-2006, 10:22 PM
who???? :confused:

Thank you tommcat! now I dont feel so bad....I have no idea. I dont watch ESPN except in football season. I dont watch baseball either. :o

flipper
04-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Never herd of him.

LakePirate
04-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Joe Morgan (http://sports.espn.go.com/keyword/search?searchString=Joe_Morgan&rT=sports)

04-10-2006, 10:30 PM
so Lakey, about your avatar :mad: what happend to the train????!!!! 8p

LakePirate
04-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Not a fan of Zoolander?

Is there anything more than being really, really ridiculously good looking?

Maristar210
04-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Never herd of him.

I used to herd cattle

I have "heard" of Joe Morgan

I am impartial. He does not annoy me. There are many I would choose to critique before him, like Chris "I am bald but refuse to lose the comb over" Berman or Joe "I've hit 'em all and they still owe me money" Thiesman or John "Where are the sandwiches" Madden. Those guys along with daffy duck lisping fffffisshh head Dan Dierdorf.....they saaaaauuuck

Steve

Mag_Red
04-10-2006, 10:43 PM
He seems ok when he played for the Reds. :twocents:

04-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Mari,

I am with you on Madden and Thiesman. I cant stand either of them. Theisman really gets on my nerves, he is full of BS and nonsense.

BriEOD
04-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Theisman....what a chump. I'll talk about me, then you talk about me.

Although Berman is going bald, he does do a fabulous job!!

LakePirate
04-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Theisman....what a chump. I'll talk about me, then you talk about me.

Although Berman is going bald, he does do a fabulous job!!

Morgan is the Theisman of baseball.

Got to love Dave, Dave and Dave on the JP Sports 12:30 SEC game.

redmike
04-10-2006, 11:28 PM
hate him! he just not a good commontator, great player though....

LakePirate
04-10-2006, 11:30 PM
hate him! he just not a good commontator, great player though....

Thank you..

atlfootr
04-11-2006, 07:12 AM
who???? :confused:JOE who :noface:

04-11-2006, 08:34 AM
I agree that Berman does a good job. but Madden and Thiesman need to think about retirement or finding a different job where they dont interact with the general public. They dont need the money, so they should just call it a day.

TMCNo1
04-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Joe Morgan, yea, I know who he is, he is Mr. and Mrs. Morgan's boy!!!!!?????That is unless he was adopted illegally and then we would have to ask Clint EASTwould TEXAS Ranger SKIER about the implications of the effect on the Morgan family tree, in so much as who is responsible for the leaves in the fall and how far the fruit falls from the tree?

04-11-2006, 04:48 PM
:uglyhamme Dude your worse than me!!! :worthy:

SkiDog
04-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Harold, just what in the hell are you talking about?!!?!?!?!?!!?!??!
Don't you remember Joe Morgan? He did the commentary on our parking lot baseball game at the gardens a few years ago!

04-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Don't you remember Joe Morgan? He did the commentary on our parking lot baseball game at the gardens a few years ago!

Skidog, Harold is on his own wavelength!! :uglyhamme he marches to the beat of his own drummer. He is a hoot, keeps me entertained here :D

SkiDog
04-11-2006, 05:42 PM
UMP, I've known Harold for MANY years, and have come to the conclusion that he is a legend in HIS own mind! However, he is just ONE of a list of charactors that I have met over the years in this MC group! You would be supprised at some of these people! Harold & I know one dude that we call Splatter. EVERYTHING he has is splatter
painted. Boat, trailer, skis, vest, tennis shoes, truck, spare tire. girlfriend,(she took the MOST paint), dashboard, and you name it! The thing is, it don't look bad! I wish he would get on this board! :guitar:

TMCNo1
04-11-2006, 06:42 PM
UMP, I've known Harold for MANY years, and have come to the conclusion that he is a legend in HIS own mind! However, he is just ONE of a list of charactors that I have met over the years in this MC group! You would be supprised at some of these people! Harold & I know one dude that we call Splatter. EVERYTHING he has is splatter
painted. Boat, trailer, skis, vest, tennis shoes, truck, spare tire. girlfriend,(she took the MOST paint), dashboard, and you name it! The thing is, it don't look bad! I wish he would get on this board! :guitar:

He [SPLATTER] and Lilly say they have a computer and are on the web, but you don't want that! You think I am full of it, well if he were on there no one would ever get a word in edgewise and you say you don't understand what I say, well Splatter doen't even know what he says. He is his own comedy show and must be seen LIVE and IN PERSON!!!! Not on the board, NO neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

TMCNo1
04-11-2006, 09:33 PM

Your right, he did the blow by blow description of Splatter doing the barefoot slide into 2nd base and how he wore the hide of the bottom of his feet, :firejump: sliding across the asphalt. Didn't JJ have motel pillows duct taped to the bottom of his feet the next day or was that when he went for a strole in a Fire Ant nest, the boy ain't right! :firejump:

TMCNo1
04-11-2006, 10:12 PM
I read the link to Joe Morgan, what does this guy do anyway?????????????? What is ESPN anyhoo and can you get it on rabbit ears or do you have to put some aluminum foil on the antennas to pick him up?

04-11-2006, 10:33 PM
It dont matter No1 cuz you like to wear those antennaes on your head with tin foil anyway :D

TMCNo1
04-11-2006, 10:47 PM
It dont matter No1 cuz you like to wear those antennaes on your head with tin foil anyway :D

I was out of Camo Boy costume the other night with my rabbit ears on, aluminum foil and all, hoppin' around the backyard and another rabbit was following around behind me watching the wide screen, think, it was Animal Planet? Could have been Discovery Channel for him!

TMCNo1
04-11-2006, 10:50 PM
UMP, just caught on to somethin', since you a MC family member, can I call you CUZ, CUZ UMP has a ring to it, or was that the phone? [scratchin' head] :confused:

jrcarte78
04-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Morgan is the Theisman of baseball.

Got to love Dave, Dave and Dave on the JP Sports 12:30 SEC game.

Nothing better than cracking open the first beer of the day and catching the 11:30(central time) JP game.

Is there anything better than college football?

On Joe Morgan, I like him! I think he does a good job. I could definitely see how he might rub some folks the wrong way though. On the other hand, I definitely think Theisman is a turd. I think, he thinks that he could have been the greatest QB in the history of the NFL had LT not mutilated his leg.

Ric
04-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Joe has a lovely voice. Thiesman and really all the sunday night nfl announcer team have irritating voices and chemistry.

What Joe Morgan and Joe Thiesman bring to commentary is experience of playing the game. What we don't need is more bookworm, stat puking sports experts with no talent or experience in the game, to tell us how it's played while we watch it :cool: