PDA

View Full Version : In light of recent weather

6ballsisall
04-10-2006, 04:53 PM
Just wanted to make sure all our members are safe. I keep hearing about all the tornadoes and horrific weather of recent. Did all make it out ok?

Beau, how close where the twisters to you?

Workin' 4 Toys
04-10-2006, 05:04 PM
I drove through those areas over the weekend. It was a horrible site. Lucky for us it missed us by about 10 miles.

bcampbe7
04-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Just wanted to make sure all our members are safe. I keep hearing about all the tornadoes and horrific weather of recent. Did all make it out ok?

Beau, how close where the twisters to you?

We are OK, thanks for asking. Wife was a bit nervous there for a while. We just had a bunch of wind and rain. I didn't notice any hail at our house.
The closest tornado touchdown was in Morrison, TN which is about 30 minutes away.
Gallatin, TN (outside of Nashville) got hit the worst.

It also looked like Jeremy was getting hit pretty hard.

I drove through those areas over the weekend. It was a horrible site. Lucky for us it missed us by about 10 miles.

W4T, you were down here and didn't call? I'm hurt! :(

6ballsisall
04-10-2006, 05:21 PM
We are OK, thanks for asking. Wife was a bit nervous there for a while. We just had a bunch of wind and rain. I didn't notice any hail at our house.
The closest tornado touchdown was in Morrison, TN which is about 30 minutes away.
Gallatin, TN (outside of Nashville) got hit the worst.

It also looked like Jeremy was getting hit pretty hard.

Glad to hear you are safe Beau! I was thinking of you when the storms hit and figured when I saw you posting all most be ok. Sounds like some nasty storms made it down your way! :eek:

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-10-2006, 11:45 PM
We were at Lake Cumberland this past weekend. We were in b/w sets when we started hearing rumbling in the distance. Pulled off the water and got everything put away just in time. Then we headed to Lee's Ford Marina for some margaritas ( :D ). On the way there the weather got pretty nasty. Lighting REAL close, wind, and deluge of rain. The waitress and CNN "Situation Room" told us about the severity of the weather.
Hope all are well!

Below is a picture of the weather a few hours before we pulled off the water...

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Here's what it looked like a couple hours later, just before we pulled off the water. Needless to say it got much worse, but nowhere near what others went thru I'm sure.

Mag_Red
04-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Hey P..........I was at Lee's Ford Saturday and Sunday. I assume you were at the bar Friday night??

Workin' 4 Toys
04-11-2006, 12:27 AM
I'd like to think I would have had time. But we didn't. The days filled up so fast. We drove from the southern tip of Florida back here. So yes we flew by. I did stop in at the Nat'l Corvette museum. I was invited by several members of team talk to stop in, we just ran out of time because we stayed so long down there. Then with the storms through a whole new loop in the drive time.

Oh, and I don't have your number.... Minor detail.......

LakePirate
04-11-2006, 12:29 AM
I'd like to think I would have had time. But we didn't. The days filled up so fast. We drove from the southern tip of Florida back here. So yes we flew by. I did stop in at the Nat'l Corvette museum. I was invited by several members of team talk to stop in, we just ran out of time because we stayed so long down there. Then with the storms through a whole new loop in the drive time.

Oh, and I don't have your number.... Minor detail.......

That means you came through Macon and you didn't stop......I see how it is.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-11-2006, 12:31 AM
That means you came through Macon and you didn't stop......I see how it is.
Yup, and I didn't have your number either....

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-11-2006, 12:37 AM
Hey P..........I was at Lee's Ford Saturday and Sunday. I assume you were at the bar Friday night??

You are kidding me!?! Small world. Yeah, we were at the bar Friday night. We almost stayed at Lee's Ford over the weekend but a friend's house opened up. I'll make sure to PM you anytime we're heading that way!

Paul

LakePirate
04-11-2006, 12:38 AM
Yup, and I didn't have your number either....

There is only one LakePirate in the phone book :D

Workin' 4 Toys
04-11-2006, 12:41 AM
There is only one LakePirate in the phone book :D
I will probably make the run again in a few months, we shall see.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-11-2006, 12:45 AM
Glad to hear you are safe Beau! I was thinking of you when the storms hit and figured when I saw you posting all most be ok. Sounds like some nasty storms made it down your way! :eek:
Goodlettsville was the town we drove through that got hit HARD. It was probably the worst I have ever seen in person.

Zach S
04-11-2006, 09:47 AM
This is my father in laws rental property. It is about 5 blocks from where I work.

Zach S
04-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Here is the backside of the house.

bcampbe7
04-11-2006, 09:53 AM
WOW Zach! I hope no one was hurt. :eek:

Zach S
04-11-2006, 10:08 AM
The guy that lived in the house was in the basement at the time. You can now stand in the basement and see out the roof. He luckily was uninjured.

east tx skier
04-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Wow! We've been pretty fortunate in this section of Texas. Just lots of rain and some wind. Stay safe folks.