PDA

View Full Version : Calling Ohio, IN, and KY members

6ballsisall
04-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Was thinking it would be great to have a 1 or 2 day clinic with a slalom pro, and would be willing to help coordinate the event. I know guys like Steve Schnitzer can be had for $1000 per day w/ 2 day minimum at your site. I'd think all of us bouy heads could get some valueable tips from someone like this and if we played our numbers right, we could do if for a couple hundred bucks a head vs. a couple thousand if you went to their site. 6 guys/gals is the recommended max per day of a clinic and that would equate to $166 per person per day for some pro instruction. All we would need to do is come up with enough skiers, a site, and a boat (that should be easy :D ) and we are set. Who's game and committed?

BuoyChaser
04-10-2006, 02:36 PM
some nice private lakes in Toledo area...i'm game if over a weekend or Friday/Monday...have college friends in the area we could visit here from New Hampshire...drag my parents/friends over from Canton Ohio...

Mid Ohio Watersports
04-10-2006, 03:46 PM
I am sure if something is done in Ohio we can get a number of skiers to participate. We can also offer the use of a Mastercraft. We have a number of sites in Ohio that we can use. Milan Ohio has a very nice site. Marysville and Columbus.

BuoyChaser
04-10-2006, 04:08 PM
I am sure if something is done in Ohio we can get a number of skiers to participate. We can also offer the use of a Mastercraft. We have a number of sites in Ohio that we can use. Milan Ohio has a very nice site. Marysville and Columbus.
be sure to post the event on here, would be worth making the trip out from Ohio...

Lottawatta
04-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Jeff, I will offer up my site and boat as long as a few members of my club are included. I don't want (or have the time) to organize it, but I would be willing to host it. I don't think Schnitz is the best coach for intermediate skiers, but I will leave that decision up to others.
Lottawatta.

6ballsisall
04-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Jeff, I will offer up my site and boat as long as a few members of my club are included. I don't want (or have the time) to organize it, but I would be willing to host it. I don't think Schnitz is the best coach for intermediate skiers, but I will leave that decision up to others.
Lottawatta.

Right on LW! :worthy: I was wondering about a more local site for all 3 states. :D

Any ideas on other coaches?

6ballsisall
04-10-2006, 05:30 PM

That would be sweet! We'll keep everyone up to date on the scenario. Just trying to see if we have enough people out there interested.

Lottawatta
04-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Why not try one of the MC sponsored skiers first. It would only be fitting. I actually do have a coach in mind. Lets see what the interest is first.

I have organized/ hosted several clinics in the past, and we have found that if you keep everything moving, as many as ten skiers/day works. Everyone gets two sets, and the coaches are not too terribly overworked. I have a camera mount on the boat which works good to get the video and audio of the sets so that the students get to take the tape home and watch it over and over. A 3-event coach might be good as some (me) would rather have jump or trick instruction for one set and slalom instruction for the other.

Camping on site would be welcomed at my place as well.

6ballsisall
04-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Why not try one of the MC sponsored skiers first. It would only be fitting. I actually do have a coach in mind. Lets see what the interest is first.

DUde, you are so much smarter than me!! Why didn't I think of that!! :eek:

I appreciate your help and idea'rs. I haven't ever done one of these but really want to progress this year as I am sure many of us do. Personally I'd like to get more than 2 sets in with an instructor (read: Jeff is dense and slow to pick up on things :rolleyes: ) but I am cool with getting more involved.

east tx skier
04-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Jeff, if you ever make it down to Texas, there is a good ski school on a private lake in Greenville (near Dallas). Runs about $175 per day.

agua4fun
04-10-2006, 06:35 PM
some nice private lakes in Toledo area...i'm game if over a weekend or Friday/Monday...have college friends in the area we could visit here from New Hampshire...drag my parents/friends over from Canton Ohio...

hmmm, I'm in Toledo. Where are these lakes? PM me if you'd like

As for the instruction, id definitly like to try that out

jkski
04-10-2006, 06:44 PM
2 names:
Wade Cox or April Coble.

I'm at a site in Ohio where I am certain we could easily host it, however it is closer to Youngstown.

André
04-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Lottawatta.
I think we lost the pix of your site when this board "moved".
Care to post it again? :popcorn:
Nice place if i remember... :toast:

6ballsisall
04-10-2006, 11:01 PM

He's got a SWEET place! Lights to ski at night and everything. A slice of heaven for sure :firejump:

BuoyChaser
04-10-2006, 11:58 PM
hmmm, I'm in Toledo. Where are these lakes? PM me if you'd like

As for the instruction, id definitly like to try that out

right off turnpike heading towards cleveland on the left hand side...good 'ole Ohio borrow ponds to build the overpasses...

BuoyChaser
04-11-2006, 12:02 AM
2 names:
Wade Cox or April Coble.

I'm at a site in Ohio where I am certain we could easily host it, however it is closer to Youngstown.

count me in, sure count my dad and sister in if we visit...

i've had instruction here in New Hampshire with Natalie Hamrick and Rhoni Barton...truly enjoyed the time that Rhoni spent with us, even allowed us to video tape as she gave my wife and i instruction, great stuff!!!our New England INT Leauge brought her in for two days...

BuoyChaser
04-11-2006, 12:04 AM
I have a camera mount on the boat which works good to get the video and audio of the sets so that the students get to take the tape home and watch it over and over.

this is one of the best features and well worth it's weight in gold having a camera in the boat capturing step-by-step instructions...otherwise you forget what you were told...

Workin' 4 Toys
04-11-2006, 12:14 AM
Who's game and committed?Illinois was excluded from your event SO I guess not!!!8p

6ballsisall
04-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Illinois was excluded from your event SO I guess not!!!8p

Make the drive or flight dude, anyone is welcome. :D

Workin' 4 Toys
04-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Make the drive or flight dude, anyone is welcome. :D
Thread says:
Calling Ohio, IN, and KY members

Lottawatta
04-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Andre, I updated my gallery with the photos I have here at work.

6ballsisall
04-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Thread says:
Calling Ohio, IN, and KY members

OK I can't change the thread title but to ALL please accept this as a title change. New title is:

Calling all TMC Members who want to come to Ohio for a clinic

Sorry for the miscommunication W4T :rolleyes: :smile:

Workin' 4 Toys
04-11-2006, 11:58 PM
OK I can't change the thread title but to ALL please accept this as a title change. New title is:

Calling all TMC Members who want to come to Ohio for a clinic

Sorry for the miscommunication W4T :rolleyes: :smile:
You find me a good 67,68,69 Project camaro in your neck of the woods, and that would give me a great reason to drive that far.;)

6ballsisall
04-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Have talked with a fella at MC and got some great guidance and advice/assistance in setting something up.

Thanks to all that have offered up their site for such an event! Given the proximety (sp?) to Lottawatta's site to Ohio, KY, IN (and Illinois W4T ;) ) if Lottawatta will still have us, this would be great as it has great access to major cities such as Cleveland, Columbus, Cincy, Indy, etc.... (plus if I am going to coordinate this I need something close!) I have skied his site, it's a dream come true and it's all his. Someone mentioned the short setups but frankly I didn't have a problem driving and skiing it (and I am very novice at both) I won't reveal Lottawatta's "Secret Spot" but will say it's just North of Cincinnati.

At this point I think we need to start talking some dates. Based on a PM with Lottawatta it sounds as though May would be best for him, and if memory serves me correctly, possibly early June. (we don't want this to interfere with MagMania guys!!)
How would a weekend in Mid May work out for everyone??? We'll need to make committments pretty quick as May is almost upon us.

The document I received from MC/Seth Stisher of Trophy Lakes (the coach) shows the rate to be $900 per day +travel related expenses. Realistically I think this probably means we should figure "net" $1150 per day. That being said I believe a good PRELIMINARY rate would be $115-$135 a skier per day which gets you two sets with instruction. Personally this seems like a smokin opportunity given if you wanted instruction like this at the coaches site you'd spend in the thousands between travel and classes, etc...

So........... we need to talk dates and how many are COMMITTED to doing this. What do we all say?????

6ballsisall
04-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Might I add that Detroit area is roughly 4 hours away so Michigan guys, it's an easy drive. For those that choose to fly in check Dayton's airport as well as Cincinnati, roughly the same distance. I'd think depending on where you fly in from Dayton could be cheaper (Airtran)

Mag_Red
04-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Count me in remember though the MM II dates are May 19th and June 9th.

ntidsl
04-12-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm in and offer my boat as well..2005 197 tt with 2006 rudder...Is this going to be a weekday or weekend?

ski_king
04-12-2006, 08:58 PM
You guys are tempting me, only 5 or 6 hours west of me.

ntidsl
04-12-2006, 09:00 PM
I'll take 2 sets each day regardless...I skied yesterday and I need help bad!!!

ntidsl
04-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Mag and Jrandol...is you need hlp with any of this contact me...my contact info is on website

www.islandlighting.net

doug

6ballsisall
04-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Go for it Ski King!!

NT, that might work out (with the boat) It would be good to have a few in case one breaks down.

I'll gladly offer up my boat but I don't have Perfect Pass and might not by then, figuring we probably want that for this type of deal.

ntidsl
04-12-2006, 09:13 PM
So Im in that my committment...come on everyone else...its time to committ...jrandol is hooking us up here...

i bet jkski would be in...is he around?

6ballsisall
04-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Count me in remember though the MM II dates are May 19th and June 9th.

Wouldnt miss that for the world!! :D

Lottawatta
04-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Good Job Jeff. Sounds like it is coming together. Anyone interested is welcome to camp on site. I have electric hook ups for motorhomes, but no running water. I am sure between us locals, we can arrange airport transport from Cincy or Dayton, and maybe even Columbus. Anyone who needs lodging, PM me for hotel info. My place is also family friendly with plenty of shade, and area for wives / kids to play or swim. Everyone should plan on an un-coached bonus round "under the lights" as well.
Jeff, keep me updated on how many you have confirmed. I will buy a day or both of instruction if there is room, but otherwise I am happy to just drive.
Lottawatta

Hemey5
04-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Milan OH isn't that where Thomas Edison was born?

BuoyChaser
04-13-2006, 09:17 AM
need to have a calendar on this forum...so we can put events like this across the country, including tournaments, promo events, etc...for those of us who travel for biz, would be great to visit some customers around some of these events!!!

hmmm, what's this http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/calendar.php?

jkski
04-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Count me in and I'll bring another paying skier as well. Just let me know when and where.

ntidsl
04-18-2006, 08:37 AM
this died for a week...anything going on?

6ballsisall
04-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Guys sorry for the gap in time of new info coming thru. I just had the opportunity to talk with Seth Stisher via phone (one heckuva nice guy!!)

It looks like if we want to do something it will have to be soon, very soon. How would the dates May 13 & 14th work for everyone???

I will be calculating up more firm costs this evening but the numbers I posted earlier on in this thread are going to be pretty accurate. If you intend to "play" please keep in tune daily to this thread and make sure to comment as to your commitment.

Given the costs involved soon I will need some $$ to hold your spot. Nothinn personal guys, it's just that I'll be holding a fair amount of debt in my hands and the wife would never let me back on here if things didn't pan out :rolleyes:

So hows the dates mentioned above? It's either May or no clinic between Seth's, Lottawatta's, and my schedule.

Post away!!

6ballsisall
04-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Also, if these dates work for enough people we will want to have a backup boat. Lottawatta so kindly has voluntereed his cherry 92' PS190. God forbid it were to breakdown we'd want the show to keep going. I'd gladly volunteer mine however, I highly doubt Perfect Pass will make it's way on my boat before the event :cry: Soo........ it would be great to have another slalom boat on hand that has PP or Accuski on it "just in case"

east tx skier
04-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Given the costs involved soon I will need some $$ to hold your spot. Nothinn personal guys, it's just that I'll be holding a fair amount of debt in my hands and the wife would never let me back on here if things didn't pan out :rolleyes:

You are the consumate organizer. Move to Texas and get some stuff going down here! :friday:

6ballsisall
04-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Bump........ :wavey:

ntidsl
04-21-2006, 08:45 AM
I'm in...I'll take any time on the morning of the 13th...9am or 10am would be best!!! please confirm a time and tell me how to get the money to you...

6ballsisall
04-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Ok guys it's crunch time! We have what I count to be 7 people who have verbally comitted. This rises the price to about $325 a person for 2 days skiing. We need a few more people committed to drop the price. Hurry! We need to pull the trigger this week..... Get the word out!!

6ballsisall
04-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Bump...........

ntidsl
04-24-2006, 01:37 PM
come on fellas..hey jrandol...you have an email about this written up? I would be sure to send it out to everyone in our club over here in Newtown...

boy this morning was chilly...skied at 8am and could see our breath...I had to go back to a shorty...brrr...after a few passes though I was warmed up...

6ballsisall
04-24-2006, 01:38 PM
come on fellas..hey jrandol...you have an email about this written up? I would be sure to send it out to everyone in our club over here in Newtown...

boy this morning was chilly...skied at 8am and could see our breath...I had to go back to a shorty...brrr...after a few passes though I was warmed up...

I will work on an email this evening. Good idea NT

6ballsisall
04-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Update of people who I have on "the list" (no this isn't like Brads list :D )

Lottawatta + 4 others
Jrandol + 1
Mag Red
ntidsl

That makes the count 9 at this point. We are looking at an alternative weekend date as that weekend is Mothers day weekend. As much as I love waterskiing I love my wife more so I think it be best for all our sakes we celebrate that event off the water with our families :D

BuoyChaser
04-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Update of people who I have on "the list" (no this isn't like Brads list :D )

Lottawatta + 4 others
Jrandol + 1
Mag Red
ntidsl

That makes the count 9 at this point. We are looking at an alternative weekend date as that weekend is Mothers day weekend. As much as I love waterskiing I love my wife more so I think it be best for all our sakes we celebrate that event off the water with our families :D

where's the location, if it is in/near Ohio (preferably Canton/Akron/Youngstown) can count me in for 3-4 depending on the weekend...what about mid June???

6ballsisall
04-25-2006, 03:35 PM
where's the location, if it is in/near Ohio (preferably Canton/Akron/Youngstown) can count me in for 3-4 depending on the weekend...what about mid June???

It is in Ohio. It's near Hamilton Ohio, North of Cincinnati, South of Dayton. It's Lottawatta's site.

We are pushing to make May 20th & 21st work out. More details on that soon.

BuoyChaser
04-25-2006, 03:54 PM
It is in Ohio. It's near Hamilton Ohio, North of Cincinnati, South of Dayton. It's Lottawatta's site.

We are pushing to make May 20th & 21st work out. More details on that soon.
sounds like a great set, but we're out that weekend May 20-21st...

Mag_Red
04-25-2006, 05:05 PM
sounds like a great set, but we're out that weekend May 20-21st...uh..........Jeff..........that's also the date of Mag Mania II

6ballsisall
04-25-2006, 05:26 PM
uh..........Jeff..........that's also the date of Mag Mania II

We thought we'd use your Jet between sets to get back to your houseboat. :D

Actually your right, that date doesn't work either. Its looking more and more like early June......... :rolleyes:

Footin
04-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Depending on the date, I may come down and watch if it's allowed.

As you know, I am not much of a slalom skier.

6ballsisall
05-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Update!!!

Well we couldn't make the schedules work for everyone to have Seth Stisher come out in May. HOWEVER, I talked with him on Sunday evening and he is keeping Sept. open for us should we want to do that then.

In the mean time lottawatta put some feelers out there to some good instructors he knew of. Melissa Giddens who is a well known instructor has a son in this area (Northern Kentucky) named Lance who is also a heckuva a skier (I think he skis 39' off) and an accomplished instructor himself. Given he is local we can save ourselves some serious cash and still have an awesome clinic.

Dates are filling up for Lottawatta's lake (he holds tourneys there) so if we are going to do it Memorial Day weekend is the weekend. Given the savings of having a local instructor we can cut our costs in half, $550 including boat gas, instructor and some lunch for each day. This could easily mean (with 10 guys) $100 for the WEEKEND which you would get at least 2 sets per day!!! :eek3: Not bad eh???

So.........if you are in please commit now as we have to let Lance now asap as well as Lottawatta. Commence the posts!!

Mag_Red
05-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Jeff..........don't know about the others......but Memorial week-end is a must at the lake with the daughter.

6ballsisall
05-01-2006, 10:23 PM
Jeff..........don't know about the others......but Memorial week-end is a must at the lake with the daughter.

I can appreciate that Mag. I figured a few wouldn't be able to do it given the weekend. If plans change we'll make room for you!

Look at it this way everyone, yes it's Memorial day weekend but think of all the PERFECT water you'll get to ski on at Lottawatta's place!! :banana:

6ballsisall
05-02-2006, 05:33 PM
BUMP :wavey: