PDA

View Full Version : The Official "I am doing spring projects" thread

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-09-2006, 08:39 PM
I just spent the entire weekend busting arse doing yard work. I am freakin whipped!!!! Anybody else bust arse??

erkoehler
04-09-2006, 08:42 PM
We did just a bit of work this weekend....

04-09-2006, 08:45 PM
I did two of those erk man, no foolin

TMCNo1
04-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Rained yesterday, cold and race on today! Put out 44 bales of pine needles Tuesday, will mow tommorrow afternoon, gotta get the grass low enough to find the eggs next Sunday!

04-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Rained yesterday, cold and race on today! Put out 44 bales of pine needles Tuesday, will mow tommorrow afternoon, gotta get the grass low enough to find the eggs next Sunday!

You hide your own easter eggs too hey NO1?

TMCNo1
04-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Yea, but still haven't found that retarded bunny that lays them, if I ever catch him doing it.....................................at least the rabbit pellets don't stink like all them rotten eggs, at least mine are colored, so I can find 'em!

oldschool84
04-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Started on the boat. Digging it out from all the shat i piled around it during the winter. Summerized the 1950 tractor, sleds, and the generator. Need to sell a washer and dryer a wirlpool bath and skid of dens shield. Water on the lake looks good so the boat might be out soon? :steering:

BuoyChaser
04-09-2006, 09:36 PM
got the sheep sheared, sign that spring has sprung in new hampshire...

04-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Yea, but still haven't found that retarded bunny that lays them, if I ever catch him doing it.....................................at least the rabbit pellets don't stink like all them rotten eggs, at least mine are colored, so I can find 'em!

No1, whatever you do, DONT color the easter eggs CAMO!!! You can just imagine what will happen.....nobody will find any eggs, and in a few weeks your gonna have an unsavory odor :eek:

04-10-2006, 09:19 AM
got the sheep sheared, sign that spring has sprung in new hampshire...

BC, well then, I guess yard work aint so bad. That cant be fun.....

LakePirate
04-10-2006, 10:55 AM
The dish washer wasn't getting the dishes clean any more, so I popped her one time - then she popped me back and sent me to Lowes. Spent most of Saturday going back and forth to Lowe's trying to get the right hoses. Apparently the old models put the water intake on the right rear, the new one...of course left front.

04-10-2006, 11:12 AM
The dish washer wasn't getting the dishes clean any more, so I popped her one time - then she popped me back and sent me to Lowes. Spent most of Saturday going back and forth to Lowe's trying to get the right hoses. Apparently the old models put the water intake on the right rear, the new one...of course left front.

Lakey! how ya been bud? yea, I am a big fan of dishwashers myself. only sometimes she dont want to do the dishes when I want her to. :uglyhamme

LakePirate
04-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Doing good...
Looks like you had a busy weekend.

BuoyChaser
04-10-2006, 11:19 AM
BC, well then, I guess yard work aint so bad. That cant be fun.....it's my wife's thing, i just have to help herd the sheep (along with our border collie), manhandling them to the guy shearing...the fun part is stripping the stalls after the manure buildup from all winter...have the best tomatoes on the block though!!!

BuoyChaser
04-10-2006, 11:21 AM
The dish washer wasn't getting the dishes clean any more, so I popped her one time - then she popped me back and sent me to Lowes. Spent most of Saturday going back and forth to Lowe's trying to get the right hoses. Apparently the old models put the water intake on the right rear, the new one...of course left front.have you checked out http://www.repairclinic.com those guys know their stuff and have diagrams online...their like the skidim of the appliance industry!!!

M-Funf
04-10-2006, 11:28 AM
I installed about 200 sq. ft. of insulation, and hung 14 sheets of drywall in the new wine cellar.

The wife was doing the paste & tape work on the outside of the walls while I worked on the inside...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid203/p9563628bb43e1fc70b6123270cec6c15/ef8eba30.jpg

This week we paint, and next weekend I install tile...then we move on to racking...

BuoyChaser
04-10-2006, 11:30 AM
I installed about 200 sq. ft. of insulation, and hung 14 sheets of drywall in the new wine cellar.

The wife was doing the paste & tape work on the outside of the walls while I worked on the inside...

This week we paint, and next weekend I install tile...then we move on to racking...wine cellar, hmmmm???where did you get the design and components???my in-laws would love one of these, just thinking about cool FREE-LABOR stuff we could do for them!!!

LakePirate
04-10-2006, 11:33 AM
have you checked out http://www.repairclinic.com (http://www.repairclinic.com/) those guys know their stuff and have diagrams online...their like the skidim of the appliance industry!!!

It needed to be replaced. I wish it was like a Stars and Stripes and worth repairing. Technology has passed our little dishwasher by.

That is a pretty cool site....Wish they sold parts for Carrier Air Conditioners, oh well..

M-Funf
04-10-2006, 11:39 AM
wine cellar, hmmmm???where did you get the design and components???my in-laws would love one of these, just thinking about cool FREE-LABOR stuff we could do for them!!!

I designed the room myself. I looked at all the racking that was available, and also did some research into building it myself (cheaper to buy the kits and assemble them). Once I picked a racking company, I laid out the units and sized the room. Then I built the room based on some information I found on a website. If you'd like all the design info, racking companies, and design information links, I can PM them to you...

Here's a drawing of the layout:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/pc9453e535f657dce015c715672c30bb5/f07e6c72.jpg

Maristar210
04-10-2006, 12:22 PM
This weekend was "River Draw Down". It is the weekend they drop the river water level 4 feet so people can put in their docks and such. Me and two neighbors leveled some docks in our local "Marina" and spent hours on the a$$ end of a 4" water line removing the silt (see black mud) that washes into the slips throughout the course of the year. Although the volume of water coming out of this thing is high, it takes a long time and walking in 12 deep muck is taxing to say the least. If you have ever been on the end of one of these (see quincyfirefighter) you know how my shoulders feel this morning. :wavey:

Steve

_DiZZ_
04-10-2006, 01:13 PM
I started prepping food for Saturdays BBQ at 10:30 amÖ I smoked a beef brisket and 5 racks of baby back ribs 6 hours, did 1 rack of ribs on the Webber for those donít like true wood smoke. I also did a whole chicken on the Webber. Drank a whole lotta beer :toast: