PDA

View Full Version : MasterCraft Upholstery Logo ??

pwillcutts
04-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Any ideas on finding a MASTERCRAFT stitched logo for my new seats??
I'm re-upholstering my boat from scratch (no factory skins for 1990 TriStar), and my upholstery guy gave it a shot at manually stitching in a "MASTERCRAFT" into the back seat, to match the original look....but it didn't come out right. So we're back to square one.
I'm even tempted to maybe find a MasterCraft Sweatshirt with stitched lettering & poach the logo from it !? (hardly an ideal solution I know! :D )

THANKS

MarkP
04-05-2006, 07:56 PM
I think that logo is heat pressed or something like that. (it is pressed on my 93 anyway) Maybe find a piece of metal with the MasterCraft logo, (hitch cover or something), heat it up and press it on with something relatively soft as a backing?? (did that make any sense)

If you try it, try it on scrap pieces first.

Sorry, thatís all I got???????

Sodar
04-05-2006, 08:51 PM
If you have the previous design, you can scan it, take it to the local embroidery shop and have their computers stitch the MasterCraft logo. I think this would be your best bet...

SKI*MC
04-05-2006, 09:38 PM
The font for the MC logo is hemihead 426 if that helps any..

bigmac
04-05-2006, 10:27 PM

I agree that HemiHead 426 is close, but it's not quite the same.

http://mccollister.info/fonts.jpg

Actually, as fonts go, I think I like HemiHead better than the MasterCraft proprietary font. I find the MC font's ascenders jarring, and not in keeping with the sweeps of the other letters.

east tx skier
04-05-2006, 11:46 PM

The MC font is a proprietary font. Although it is close to the hemihead 426, it isn't exactly the same.