PDA

View Full Version : Racks for Tower..........

rabooze
04-05-2006, 11:45 AM
I have a '02 PS 209. I am looking for a kneeboard rack for my Zeroflex tower that came with it. I have seen a few things on the interenet, but curious if anyone has experience with a certain type. Also, if anyone know the diameter of the '02 Zeroflex towers, that would be helpful as well so I don't have to go to the storage facility to measure. Thanks!

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-05-2006, 12:24 PM
If you can get past the models, check out monster's stuff ( http://www.monstertower.com/ ). They have wakeboard, ski, and wakesurf racks. I have their wakeboard rack and it's been great. My Hyperlite Broadcast wakesurf board even fit in it.

Monster is top notch in customer service and you get a calender with your order...or at least you used too. They will know your tower diameter and actually send a series of 'spacers' to accomodate a range of tower diameters.

If it still holds true, the racks are made to mount on a vertical bar. It looks like they made some nice design changes since I bought mine.

Anyway, take a look. There are a lot of manufacturers. I'm just listing one I've had a great experience with.

P

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-05-2006, 12:35 PM
If you want a rack that mounts to a horizontal bar, be ready to sacrifice your tower b/c I think they all will have "grabber teeth" to dig into the aluminum tower for clamping.

It can get tricky finding decent placement of rack when having to mount on a vertical bar. One short-coming of the monster rack...it's adjusts pitch in forward/rear direction, but not up/down. Therefore, due to board/binding spacing, the location possibilities are limited. Perhaps this won't be as much an issue for a kneeboard.

As you can see, my location barely glides over the trailer guide and takes extra effort for viewing what's happening out that side of the boat.

Here is a shot from the rear.

kalanic
04-05-2006, 01:00 PM
I believe the tube size is 1-7/8", at least that is what my 04 Zero Flex is. Check out the FAQ page. I listed a bunch of different sites for tower accesories.

rodltg2
04-05-2006, 01:43 PM
people still kneeboard? :D

kalanic
04-05-2006, 01:46 PM
What wrong with kneeboarding????

BeavenX5
04-05-2006, 02:01 PM
I ordered a Boss ski rack, wakeboard rack and surf rack from Wakeside.com this winter. Their customer service is great, shipping is fast, and prices are good (and you earn $$points toward your next purchase). The have a great selection of racks to chose from.

My tower is a 2000 Zeroflex and has 1 7/8" tubing. Wakeside confimed this info before I ordered (1-866-wakeside) as I was not 100% certain of my measuring.

My racks are the Boss adjustable (now called Boss Pacifica) and are two pieces horizontal mount. Boss mounts are exact fitted for my 1 7/8" and are tight enough that they will not slip. They don't have "grabber tooth" either. They are now installed on the tower but have not tried them yet as the boat is still stored with the tower folded down.

rodltg2
04-05-2006, 02:04 PM
What wrong with kneeboarding????

nothing, i just havent seen anyone doing it since wakeboarding became popular

kalanic
04-05-2006, 02:24 PM
We kneeboard all the time..more toward the end of the day when people have had a little to drink or are just wore out from wakeboarding & skating. Good Times!

krra1
04-05-2006, 08:13 PM
I still kneeboard but it kills the knees if the landings are not just right. Also Monster still sends a calendar, stickers for the car and trailer and they will send you a T-shirt if you send them a picture of your tower installed.

MarkP
04-05-2006, 08:20 PM
If you can get past the models, check out monster's stuff ( http://www.monstertower.com/ ). They have wakeboard, ski, and wakesurf racks. I have their wakeboard rack and it's been great. My Hyperlite Broadcast wakesurf board even fit in it.

Monster is top notch in customer service and you get a calender with your order...or at least you used too. They will know your tower diameter and actually send a series of 'spacers' to accomodate a range of tower diameters.

If it still holds true, the racks are made to mount on a vertical bar. It looks like they made some nice design changes since I bought mine.

Anyway, take a look. There are a lot of manufacturers. I'm just listing one I've had a great experience with.

P
I thought you were kiddin..

Good thing Iím not in the market for a tower cause I couldnít get past the models..

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-06-2006, 09:15 AM
I thought you were kiddin..

Good thing Iím not in the market for a tower cause I couldnít get past the models..

:D Nope.

SkiEngr
07-02-2007, 06:31 PM
If you want a rack that mounts to a horizontal bar, be ready to sacrifice your tower b/c I think they all will have "grabber teeth" to dig into the aluminum tower for clamping.

It can get tricky finding decent placement of rack when having to mount on a vertical bar. One short-coming of the monster rack...it's adjusts pitch in forward/rear direction, but not up/down. Therefore, due to board/binding spacing, the location possibilities are limited. Perhaps this won't be as much an issue for a kneeboard.

As you can see, my location barely glides over the trailer guide and takes extra effort for viewing what's happening out that side of the boat.

Here is a shot from the rear.

What type of racks are mounted on the horizontal bars on your tower? I have been looking for some of those...

wakolman
08-15-2007, 10:14 PM
(See page 1 of this thread for pic of PHat in Cincy's boat) Does anyone know what brand the board racks on the tower (not the add on down low) are? Zero-Flex? I see that they have the clamps instead of elastic. I need to get a rack and these look like what I want.

PM at ya PHat.

hokiecharlie
08-16-2007, 10:33 AM
I have a '02 PS 209. I am looking for a kneeboard rack for my Zeroflex tower that came with it. I have seen a few things on the interenet, but curious if anyone has experience with a certain type. Also, if anyone know the diameter of the '02 Zeroflex towers, that would be helpful as well so I don't have to go to the storage facility to measure. Thanks!
I bought a used '02 209 with zero-flex tower that already had a kneeboard rack on it. Found out it came form here:
http://www.wakeair.com/index/board_racks/kneeboard_racks.htm.

It looked pretty good. I took it off thinking none of us would use a kneeboard any more only to have my oldest daughter say that's what she still preferes to do. I'm debating whether to keep it or not. If I don't and you haven't bought another one, I"ll let you know.

OhioX14
08-16-2007, 11:04 AM
If you don't mind converting one of your existing racks see if you can get the wings to turn it into a slalom rack. Our kneeboards fit great in the slalom rack.