PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Summer Party Drinks

RackAtak
04-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Summer is coming soon. This thread will be dedicated to our favorite Summer Party Drinks. I'll start with our favorite...Hawaiian Martini's

Ahhh...Hawaiian Martinis...

Four 750ml bottles of good quality vodka
One 1.75L bottle of Stoli Vanilla
One 1.75L bottle of Malibu rum
At least eight pineapples

We found a five gallon lemonade carafe at Costco with a lid and a spigot on the bottom that we use for our Hawaiian Martinis but I suppose any large, sealed glass or plastic container will work.

Skin the pineapples and slice into 1/2 inch thick round slices.
Stuff the sliced pineapples into your container.
Pour all the vodkas and rum into the container.

Let the mixture infuse at room temp for at least 3 days. VERY IMPORTANT THAT THEY SIT! I would make them Tuesday or Wednesday for a Saturday party.

When ready to serve, fill a martini shaker with ice, fill the shaker with the martini mix and shake well to chill.

Strain the chilled martini into a serving glass and enjoy. They are deceptively smooth so watch out! :toast:

east tx skier
04-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Shandy. Glass of ice. Fill it half way with a decent lager and half way with lemonade. I initially objected to the idea on general principal, but it's not a bad drink for a hot day.

Ric
04-03-2006, 04:46 PM
gin & tonic is nice for a hot day but my locally famous margarita recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Drink plenty of water folks :D

6ballsisall
04-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Skip and go naked:

One can of Beer, preferablly Coors Light
One frozen can of Pink Lemonade.
One empty frozen can full of Vodka

Jeff's famous Margaritas:

2 parts Rose's Lime Juice
2 parts Triplesec
2 parts Applejuice
1 part Everclear (yes thats right everclear :eek: )
2 parts high end Tequila

Serve on the rocks with a salted rim. Mmmmmmmmm........ :D

rodltg2
04-03-2006, 04:58 PM
your skip and go naked is simaler to mine.

pink mother f******s

in a blender full of ice
0ne frozen can of pink lemonade
fill up the rest with vodka

6ballsisall
04-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Caution, on the margaritas, they are deadly good. Good becuase they go down really smooth and taste awesome. Deadly because they hit you REALLY hard. The restaruant I stol err..... "borrowed" this recipe from has a 2 drink limit on them. They kick yer arse!! :shocked:

Ric
04-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Skip and go naked:

2 parts Triplesec
2 parts Applejuice
2 parts high end Tequila

Those ritas sound RIGHT! but no grand marinier???

M-Funf
04-03-2006, 05:14 PM
1) Ice cold beer.

2) Vodka or Gin and Tonic.

3) Negroni. 1 part Gin (substitute champagne), 1 part Sweet Vermouth, 1 part Campari. I make pitchers for parties...

4) H2O (while boating/driving)

6ballsisall
04-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Those ritas sound RIGHT! but no grand marinier???

OH!!! I forgot that!! (to many Ritas at a younger age :D ) Yes

1 part Grand Marnier

Mix w/ all the other goodies and be prepared to fall on the floor :D

Ric
04-03-2006, 05:18 PM
excellent .

mgurley
04-03-2006, 05:19 PM
your skip and go naked is simaler to mine.

pink mother f******s

in a blender full of ice
0ne frozen can of pink lemonade
fill up the rest with vodka

Called em that also called em Pink Panty Puldowns.
We used Clear Springs 190.....

BrianM
04-03-2006, 05:22 PM
When it is hot out a really nice drink on the patio is a Rum Tonic.

1 part Mount Gay Rum
2 part Tonic
2 Large lime wedges squeezed
Give it a good shake with ice and enjoy

6ballsisall
04-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Mohitos are might tasty!!

1. Lime Juice (1 whole lime equals about 3 teaspoons) or use limejuice from

concentrate.

2. Sugar (2 heaping teaspoons)

3. Mint Leaves (freshest are the best!) You need about

4. Four to Five mint leaves per drink. (3 for mashing and 2 for garnish at the end)

5. Bicardi Limon (clear) Rum (2 oz)

6. Angostura Bitters (dash)

7. Ice

8. Club Soda (2/3 cup)

9. Straws (the green ones with the accordion top are cool)

10. A few mint leaves and one lime slice (for garnish)

stevo137
04-03-2006, 05:29 PM
One of my favorate quick summer drinks. (warning, very deceptive, DO NOT DRIVE if you drink even one of these)!

2-2.5 shots of Smirnoff no. 57 (100 proof vodka) Absolute also has 100 proof, it's the red label.
Fill a large shaker with ice and add the vodka and top it off the rest of the way with Smirnoff Triple Black Ice. Shake well.
Add a few slices of lime or both lime and lemon and squeeze the juice in the drink.

Datdude
04-03-2006, 05:30 PM
Quick and easy.....

Ice Cold Miller Lite MMMMM........................... :D

jrhollow
04-03-2006, 06:26 PM
All you need is Miller Lite, Jagermister, and Redbull. Everything else is just too much work.

flipper
04-03-2006, 07:31 PM
I'm starting to get thirsty. This sounds like it may turn into the official "Team Mastercraft Bar Tending Guide" :friday:

tex
04-03-2006, 08:31 PM
fill a martini glass w/ice
fill a shaker fill of ice.
Pour a glass full of Bombay Saphire into the shaker
Shake 75 times.
Empty ice from glass and strain gin into glass.
A mist of Vermouth and one garlic stuffed olive

It works great in the winter too!

Leroy
04-03-2006, 08:41 PM
We made these in college our senior year, but with limeade!

Skip and go naked:

tex
04-03-2006, 08:49 PM
I don't remember my senior year in college!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-03-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm starting to get thirsty. This sounds like it may turn into the official "Team Mastercraft Bar Tending Guide"

As long as its Official ;)

OK, now yes, I know I live in the UP but you need to believe me when I say the local strawberrries here are out of this world. They are better then anything I have tasted in a restaurant, from a quality grocery store, or anywhere else. Really, I am not fooling you on this one. Severl things we have here that are awesome are the local strawberries, the maple syrup(from local trees and boiled here). Actually all the berries around here are very good. Blue berries, black berries, raspberries are excellent!

back on track, so U.P. strawberries, Ice, quality rum, and sugar. I have no idea of the quantities as I make it to taste. I just keep doctoring it up until its right. Pour in a big fish bowl glass, put a fancy umbrella on it, a strawberry and orange slice on the side of hte glass, and ENJOY!! thats my favorite summer drink.

Wait Wait wait!!! I remember the recipe now!

Three regular handfuls of strawberries
one big handful of ice
6 big glugs of Rum
a small mountain of sugar(not a close encounters of the 3rd kid potato mountain)
put all this in a blender, then CLOSE the top of the blender. Blend until the ice is small chips.

Several of these and you wont even remember you had a boat.

JEREMY79
04-03-2006, 08:57 PM
5oz Clear Tequila
5oz Vodka
5oz Rum
7oz Pure Grain

Mix all that into 3/4 of a gallon of Fruit Punch

Cut up apples, grapes, oranges, lemons, limes, strawberries into little pieces and put into mixture.

It WILL kick your arse!!!

Best when made two days prior to consuming. We make ours for partys, two to three gallons at a time. Make it in an igloo cooler.

rodltg2
04-03-2006, 09:27 PM
our college mixture for sorority socials was called BLACK OUT PUNCH.

you fill a large cooler with

1) two wine boxes
2) two 1.75 vodka or everclear if available
3) random frozen concentrate juices
4) ice

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-03-2006, 09:48 PM
the strangest drink I ever saw was a guy put lemonade concentrate into a bottle of vodka and drank it right out of the bottel...... :eek: weird.....

yea know, its not a summer drink, but my parents make this holiday drink that my friends named "death nog" this is SERIOUS mess up your entire holiday season egg nog. 4 kinds a booze in large quantities, 1 dog eggs, aand some nutmeg. you can remove carpet glue off the floor with that stuff. also used it to stip the varnish off this old chair I refinished.......

LakePirate
04-03-2006, 10:01 PM
5oz Clear Tequila
5oz Vodka
5oz Rum
7oz Pure Grain

Mix all that into 3/4 of a gallon of Fruit Punch

Cut up apples, grapes, oranges, lemons, limes, strawberries into little pieces and put into mixture.

It WILL kick your arse!!!

Best when made two days prior to consuming. We make ours for partys, two to three gallons at a time. Make it in an igloo cooler.

It ruins the cooler....sometimes known as hunch punch

If you use the green punch it becomes Swamp Frog.

tex
04-03-2006, 10:03 PM
New thread idea...girls in swimsuits mixing summer drinks!

LakePirate
04-03-2006, 10:03 PM
If anybody lives near a wet willies http://www.wetwillies.com/
Try the "Call a Cab" the name is very fitting...it is a strawberry/cherry concoction with grain alcohol. Submarine with screen doors will be the result.

JEREMY79
04-03-2006, 10:28 PM
It ruins the cooler....sometimes known as hunch punch

If you use the green punch it becomes Swamp Frog.

We have one cooler that we always use...However it has been known to be made in the bathtub, buckets, truck toolboxes lined with plastic, ect, ect.

We make it red for just plain partys, green for St. Pattys. Orange for Halloween, Just any color. As long as the alcohol is there they really dont care about the color.

Dont forget about the "corn whiskey"aka Shine. Summer sipper of choice around here

88 PS190
04-04-2006, 02:11 AM
Tattoo and Coke is a really good drink, if you like rum i suggest you give a run at it.

Coco Locos.
Take a coconut, cut the top off of it, w/o loosing the juice.
Crush ice, add w/ 2 measures white tequila
1 measure gin
1 measure white rum (bacardi silver is a good choice, but cruzan is also very good)
2 measures pineapple juice
1 tablespoon of sugar syrup (boil sugar and water to a more syrupy consistancy, it dissolves much more syrup in it)
squeeze half lime into it, and add straw and an umbrella.

oh so good.

(leave the coconut milk in place.)

richardsoncd
04-04-2006, 08:53 AM
PINK PANTY PULLDOWNS

-2 liters of Sprite
-1/5 Golden grain
-1 (or two) bottles of champagne..you know the good stuff...Andrea
-some pink lemonade mix
-1 small bottle of red cherries juice and all

WAPATULEE

-1 sun tea jar
-6 lemons
-6 limes
-1 cup sugar
-1 liter gold tequilla (nothing worse than Cuervo, but better if you can)

fill the sun tea jar full of ice, pour in tequilla, cut lemons and limes in half and squeeze into jar, throw spent halves in jar, pour in sugar....shake well, repack with ice, add top and let sit for an hour or two in the fridge

MINT JULIP
-fresh mint syrup (home made), fresh mint, shaved ice, MakersMark

BuoyChaser
04-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Naked Fish Recipe: Bacardi Light rum, crushed mint leaves, sugar, fresh lime juice and a splash of gingerale.

http://www.nakedfish.com/cubancocktails.html#recipes
=======================
THE MOJITO:
A favorite at La Bodeguita - Naked Fish R&D spent many an afternoon here trying to get the recipe down. Upon entering the bar, one notices one of the largest collections of rum in the world. Lined up on the bar are glasses filled with mint and sugar soon to be transformed into mojitos, La Bodeguita's most popular cocktail, immortalized by Ernest Hemingway. Legend has it that he would drink several mojitos after a long day of fishing aboard the Pilar.
=======================
More about the Mojito
The balmy, mambo-dancing, cocktail-sipping halcyon days of Cuba are long gone. We never find today's Hemingways on Havana's terraces. But that sweet bygone era of Mafia-supported elegance has bequeathed us the Mojito, a cooling, effervescent libation.

The Mojito was born in Cuba during this century's teen years. Simple enough and old enough to be claimed as the creation of more than a few bartenders, this classic is most closely tied to Cuba's famous La Bodeguita del Medio bar. This establishment's bartenders worked hard to popularize the drink during the '30s and '40s often resorting to name-dropping, most notably that of Ernest Hemingway. Their efforts paid off. Soon popular with Havana's hipsters, the Mojito lifted fresh mint out of its bit part as a mere cocktail garnish. An easy blend of sugar, mint leaves, lime juice, rum, ice, and soda water (strictly in that order), a Mojito (pronounced "moe-HEE-toe") is served in a tall glass sparkling with bubbles and greenery, garnished with a sprig of mint on top.

It's such an elegant, cosmopolitan drink that few would guess it takes a miniature baseball bat to mix it. The first step in Mojito creation is to use this tool to muddle crush together the mint leaves and the simple syrup to release mint oil into the mixture.The other key to a successful Mojito is to allow half of your squeezed lime to bob in the mixture. The oils from the rind add a faint bitterness that take our word for it is the essence of this drink. Its detractors, though few, are quick to point out that "Mojito" is really just a fancy name for a rum Collins mixed with mint.

As we sit, chewing on mint leaves after finishing a Mojito or two, we often recall one of the drink's greatest charms, and its only liability: While it is one of the rare cocktails that actually improves the odor of one's breath, we occasionally walk away from the experience with bits of flora conspicuously stuck to our front teeth.

NORTHERN LIGHTS
04-04-2006, 09:23 AM
beer........................

shepherd
04-04-2006, 10:25 AM
4 kinds a booze in large quantities, 1 dog eggs, aand some nutmeg...

UMP, you can buy DOG eggs in the UP? :eek:

6ballsisall
04-04-2006, 10:27 AM
What the heck is a "Dog Egg?????????" :confused: :confused:

shepherd
04-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Here's my favorite on-the-boat recipe:

Open cooler lid.
Plunge hand into ice/water mixture.
Grab silver can and retract.
Pull on tab.
Rip tab off so it won't interfere with nose.
Put can in coolie cup.
Drink.
Repeat.

Here's my favorite on-the-deck recipe:

1 part Myers rum
1 part Bacardi light rum
squeeze one whole lime into the mixture
2 parts orange juice
2 parts pineapple juice
add a generous splash of grenadine
serve in a tall glass over ice

Goes down easy. I call it a Mai Tai because that's what the restaurant called it, but it's more like a Rum Punch. I remember the recipe like this:
one shot one shot squeeze
two shots two shots splash

M-Funf
04-04-2006, 11:17 AM
fill a martini glass w/ice
fill a shaker fill of ice.
Pour a glass full of Bombay Saphire into the shaker
Shake 75 times.
Empty ice from glass and strain gin into glass.
A mist of Vermouth and one garlic stuffed olive

It works great in the winter too!

I sorta prefer a twist...doesn't pollute my Gin so much :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/p0beca2005e0ce29e340ae4d04648e1b7/f32791db.jpg

redmike
04-04-2006, 01:54 PM
on the boat...shiney cans out of the cooler,
back in garage, malibu and oj....

ntidsl
04-07-2006, 09:03 PM
oh the margarita recipe on the front page is to die for...I took the everclear to 3/4 instead of a 1 part and wow...i love it...I've had one every night the week..wooohooo...and 2 tonite!

if you only knew how many times I has to edit/proofread this...lol

6ballsisall
04-07-2006, 10:47 PM
oh the margarita recipe on the front page is to die for...I took the everclear to 3/4 instead of a 1 part and wow...i love it...I've had one every night the week..wooohooo...and 2 tonite!

if you only knew how many times I has to edit/proofread this...lol

enjoy NTIDSL, we'll have to get together and put a few back :dance:

ntidsl
04-08-2006, 10:33 AM
I look forward to that...oh my head...had 3 last night! Once it warms up we'll get together!!!

tex
06-14-2007, 05:25 PM
We have some good friends who are big into the Ronald McDonald House. They have invited us to to attend their party tonight. It's a PJ party but the best part is it's location-My favorite summer drink place-Joe T's. Free food, free beer, and free Joe T's Margaritas!

betsy&david Harrison
06-14-2007, 07:08 PM
When it is scorching hot at the lake, I mix Dole Pineapple, Orange and Banana juice with Malibu on the rocks.

trickskier
06-14-2007, 08:59 PM
When it is scorching hot at the lake, I mix Dole Pineapple, Orange and Banana juice with Malibu on the rocks.
My wife mixes those..................They're GOOD!!!

betsy&david Harrison
06-14-2007, 11:32 PM
they go down sooooo easy too

onewheat
06-15-2007, 11:05 PM
We made these in college our senior year, but with limeade!

Minute Maid Frozen Limeade - 1 part
A quality 100 proof vodka - 1 part
Can of light beer (no GHT preferred) - 2 parts

Very well known as 'Summer Beer' on Big Creek at Norris Lake

You can also substitute the Vodka with Tequila, but I forget what that drink is called (I wonder why?). NOTE: Cheap store brand limeade is more acidic and doesn't work nearly as well, in my experience.

Leroy
06-15-2007, 11:39 PM
We quit skip and go naked parties because there was always too many bodies the next day and no one knew what happened!

Tennesseeski
06-16-2007, 12:46 AM
Skip and go naked:

2 parts Triplesec
2 parts Applejuice
2 parts high end Tequila

Stupid Question.......When you say 'parts' do you mean shots? Like 2 shot glasses of Tequila?

shepherd
06-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Stupid Question.......When you say 'parts' do you mean shots? Like 2 shot glasses of Tequila?

A part can be any measurement you want, depending on how much you want to mix. For one drink, you might use shots as your "parts". For a big party, you might use gallons (like 2 gallons Tequila, 1 gallon Everclear, etc.)!

Willski
06-16-2007, 05:36 PM
I generally drink Tanq & Tonic with a lot of ice when it's hot, but here is a really good one from Brazil. Try it sometime, if you can find Cashaca.

Caipirinha

2 1/2 ounces Cachaca
1 whole Lime
2 teaspoons Granulated Sugar
Cut the lime into 8 slices, and muddle the sugar into the lime wedges in an old-fashioned glass. Add ice cubes over the lime wedges, and add the cachaca into the glass. Stir well.

BrianM
06-16-2007, 06:06 PM
I generally drink Tanq & Tonic with a lot of ice when it's hot, but here is a really good one from Brazil. Try it sometime, if you can find Cashaca.

Caipirinha

2 1/2 ounces Cachaca
1 whole Lime
2 teaspoons Granulated Sugar
Cut the lime into 8 slices, and muddle the sugar into the lime wedges in an old-fashioned glass. Add ice cubes over the lime wedges, and add the cachaca into the glass. Stir well. Never heard of it so had to look it up. Sounds good to me. :toast:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cacha%C3%A7a

shepherd
06-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Caipirinha

If you like that, try the Mojito. Same thing but with mint leaves muddled with the lime and sugar, and light rum instead of cashaca (similar though I think). Don't make them myself, but they're good at the bar. Bahama Breeze makes a good one with a stalk of sugar cane to garnish.

Caipirinha is Brazilian. Mojito is Cuban. Either way, excellent summer/tropical drinks.

JKTX21
06-17-2007, 10:41 PM
A case of Coors Light with my name on it. And in between beer, some little glasses of chilled Tequila!