PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Jeanne

T Scott
09-26-2004, 10:33 PM
OK, this is getting old, Florida has been hit by 4 hurricanes in the last 6 weeks!! For me personally, this one has caused the most damage. My pool enclosure was rocking back in forth in the 80-100mph winds when the main beam buckled and the entire structure collapsed. I lost a significant amount of roof shingles, my dock was beat up by literally 2 foot waves crashing onto the beach, my neighbors tree fell over and landed in my backyard as well as other minor issures. However, I do realize that many people in the state have lost their entire homes and have gotten injured, etc. due to the storms. I am fortunate to still have a roof over my head, my health, and a Mastercraft tucked safely in the garage.

I can't wait to see what next weekend will bring !

stevo137
09-26-2004, 11:29 PM
T, we are glad to hear that you and your family are safe!

André
09-27-2004, 07:07 AM
T
Sorry to read that.
Glad that you ,your family and the boat are OK.
Hope it was the last one for a while...

east tx skier
09-27-2004, 09:59 AM
Hang in there, Florida folks!

jimmer2880
09-28-2004, 05:58 AM
Honestly - I don't know how you all do it! I also wonder how many insurance companies are going to go under after this year!

hang in there - the hurricane season is 1/2 over - right?

ski_king
09-28-2004, 07:27 AM
Honestly - I don't know how you all do it! I also wonder how many insurance companies are going to go under after this year!

Four major hurricanes in 4 weeks, hard to believe!

The entire country will be having an their home owners insurance increase. I got my bill last month, close to 25% increase, never had a claim. They say it is because of the hurricanes down south (and now thw recent flood damage up north here).

T Scott
09-28-2004, 08:20 AM

Well, it's kind of like "pick your natural disaster" If I move up north, I'd have to deal with blizzards and tons of snow. If I move to the Midwest, I'd have to deal with tornadoes. If I move out west, I'd have to deal with earthquakes.

At least I have plenty of warning with hurricanes!!

PS- I got a few roofers and screen enclosure contractors on the phone and they told me they weren't even scheuuling appointments for estimates until January!!!

captkidd
09-28-2004, 08:27 AM
T, glad to hear that everyone's safe. While we've had nothing like the folks in FLA, so far we've had 5" of rain and it's still raining.

Stritt
09-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Tom, sorry to hear about your damage. Glad to hear that the important things in life are ok. We lost ALOT of shingles and more tree debri, other than that we got through another one. We were up at the MC factory on Friday dropping the boat off and high tailed it back on Sat am, to get the home prepared again. I agree, pick your disaster.

Looks quiet in the Atlantic. :dance:

Leec
09-29-2004, 12:56 PM
I heard they have changed Floridas name to................................................ ............. :D

The Plywood State!
:smile:

NeilM
09-29-2004, 01:09 PM
Four in a row is unbelievable. Let me say it too: Hang in there, Florida, Alabama, Carolinas, GA, (and everywhere else).

And I now see it's causing problems in PA.. MarkP, are you still dry?

dmac
09-30-2004, 05:31 PM
Fortunately the family members I have in Florida safely rode out the storms and can talk about it. My sister got Frances and Jeanne in W Palm and my daughter was in Pensacola for Ivan. :eek3:

My wife and I were in Naples for a wedding on Saturday, we went back to St Pete that night. We saw the radar at 4am and decided to go while we could because Jeanne was coming.

The drive across Tampa Bay on the causeway was white knuckle all the way. :steering:

dmac
09-30-2004, 05:35 PM
Frances and Ivan also left their mark in N Georgia. Here is a look at the water along my dockside after Ivan. It took my neighbor and I 2 days to get all the lumber cleaned out of the water. :rant:

dmac
09-30-2004, 05:46 PM
And if I could figure out how to compress my photos, I would put them up.

:confused:

lakes Rick
09-30-2004, 05:49 PM
Well, it's kind of like "pick your natural disaster" If I move up north, I'd have to deal with blizzards and tons of snow. If I move to the Midwest, I'd have to deal with tornadoes. If I move out west, I'd have to deal with earthquakes.

At least I have plenty of warning with hurricanes!!

PS- I got a few roofers and screen enclosure contractors on the phone and they told me they weren't even scheuuling appointments for estimates until January!!!

And in the Pacific northwest VOLCANOES......

JimN
09-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Hey Rick- are you close enough and in the wrong direction (as in, East) for Mt St. Helen to be a problem for you?