PDA

View Full Version : Clint East-Texas: Offline?

TonyB
04-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Got up this morning and went straight away to Team Talk.

Eastie wasn't online.

That's a heck of way to begin his first full day on the job. Sheesh.

JimN
04-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. He must have some low-paid lackey working for him, something I have never done in my time as a moderator.

Footin
04-01-2006, 10:58 AM
I'm sure his new postion came with 5 weeks of vacation and a golden parachute.

JimN
04-01-2006, 11:01 AM
In that case, I'm gonna have to renegotiate. I get nuthin'. No hat, no T shirt, no $, no free boat, no babes, nuthin'.

Footin
04-01-2006, 11:03 AM
In that case, I'm gonna have to renegotiate. I get nuthin'. No hat, no T shirt, no $, no free boat, no babes, nuthin'.

You should have your people talk to their people.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-01-2006, 12:03 PM
You should have your people talk to their people.

TRU DAT!!! :)

erkoehler
04-01-2006, 12:28 PM

Not even one of those ugly trucker hats?

east tx skier
04-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Jim, you have to have a last name to collect a paycheck. ;)

JimN
04-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Doug- they pay you? Better not or I'm gonna be PO'd. I've been doing this for 3 years.

No ugly trucker hat, no DeKalb Corn, Peterbilt, WWJD, nuthin'!!

And they never even contacted me when they took my moderator status away. I had to find out the hard way.

east tx skier
04-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Man, I'm just messin' with ya. I'm gratis.

east tx skier
04-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Jim, what happened? Did you quit? Don't leave me out here all alone dude.

JimN
04-01-2006, 05:53 PM
I had nothing to do with my status as a moderator. I didn't know about it till this AM when I got a PM about it.

east tx skier
04-01-2006, 06:14 PM
Really, you didn't know you were a mod until today? You've been one since the second generation of the board (You and Lee). So it just disappeared today. Remind me not to ask for compensation. :o

6ballsisall
04-01-2006, 06:20 PM
TRU DAT!!! :)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

JimN
04-01-2006, 06:43 PM
I knew I was a mod, but this AM when I got a PM from Bcampbell, I found out that I'm not a mod any more.

I never asked for anything.

east tx skier
04-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Man, I was just kidding about asking for anything. That's bizzare though. I'm clueless on this one.

JimN
04-01-2006, 09:44 PM
I was kidding too. Then, I noticed that I had a PM and saw that I wasn't a moderator. I wonder what I did wrong. Maybe I didn't bust peoples' chops enough. I'm pretty sure it wasn't my punctuation.

east tx skier
04-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Jim, if I don't say it enough, I think you're an invaluable contributor to this board. And I could be called Capt. Obvious for saying that. Sent you a PM.

erkoehler
04-01-2006, 11:29 PM
I was kidding too. Then, I noticed that I had a PM and saw that I wasn't a moderator. I wonder what I did wrong. Maybe I didn't bust peoples' chops enough. I'm pretty sure it wasn't my punctuation.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO......I lobby for you to be reinstated!

TonyB
04-01-2006, 11:30 PM
What's up that crap? Is this some kind of closed system that only allows a fixed number of mods?

That's ridiculous.

I would recommend more mods. Someone in admin has lost the bubble.

east tx skier
04-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Tony, I sincerely doubt that's the case. I personally hope that they make lots of folks mods (including reinstating Jim). Of course, it's all up to MC. But I don't want this job alone to be sure.

TonyB
04-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Tony, I sincerely doubt that's the case. I personally hope that they make lots of folks mods (including reinstating Jim). Of course, it's all up to MC. But I don't want this job alone to be sure.
Currently, the front page list just two mods, you, Eastie, and TMC.

LeeC has been granted citizenship once again. I forget who else, but it seems that there used to be four mods listed.

I fully support you as a mod, Doug. I think you will be great at it. I even recommended you for it. However, the loss of mod status to JimN, without so much as a courtesy email, dissappoints me. At the very least it is disrespectful and shows a lack of good manners. Someone's Mom should be dissappointed.

erkoehler
04-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Tony, I wouldn't jump to conclusions, lets hope it was an oversight.

TonyB
04-02-2006, 12:13 AM
Tony, I wouldn't jump to conclusions, lets hope it was an oversight.
Yes, you and Doug are correct. Perhaps it WAS an oversight. I withdraw my criticism until further clarification has been provided.

east tx skier
04-02-2006, 12:30 AM
Currently, the front page list just two mods, you, Eastie, and TMC.

LeeC has been granted citizenship once again. I forget who else, but it seems that there used to be four mods listed.

I'm missing whatever you're talking about on the front page. I don't know what has happened, but want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

erkoehler
04-02-2006, 12:33 AM
I'm missing whatever you're talking about on the front page. I don't know what has happened, but want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I don't see that listing on the front page either???

TonyB
04-02-2006, 12:42 AM
I don't see that listing on the front page either???
Yeh, a bit vaugue on my part.

At the bottom of each forum front page, there is a box to set your display options. There is a mod listing there also.

erkoehler
04-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Got it now....

east tx skier
04-02-2006, 12:58 AM
I'm learning ....

ski_king
04-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Hey Doug, Fix this.

To me it looks like the site didn't detect the time change.

bigmac
04-02-2006, 10:33 AM
If you go to the TeamTalk index page, about partway down on a blue frame is the Admin roster.

http://mccollister.info/forum.jpg

TeamTalk has a single moderator for a discussion forum with 3900 members and huge amount of daily activity from people who have repeatedly demonstrated a tendency to..uh...push the envelope a little. That administrative philosophy doesn't work - I know... The recent upheavals that have taken place here are a direct result of a failure of the administrative structure and the approach they've taken to running this site. If they have a clear dedication to their TOS (as they state), then they can't leave the inmates in charge of the asylum. The entire concept of "Moderator" is there to prevent that. Moderators have limited power, depending on how privileges are set up for that group. Primarily they are there to manage threads and posts, and stop discussions from getting out of hand before they create excessive disharmony, or violate the site rules, whatever they are.
http://mccollister.info/forumthread.jpg

Some site allow them privileges to ban users.
http://mccollister.info/cp.jpg

ETS as a moderator is a step in the right direction - this site needs someone who actively participates or observes in all the forums, is online a lot, and is a reasonable man. Being asked to be a moderator is not done solely as a reward for imparting useful information to the group, and having moderator status pulled isn't a punishment.

I do feel bad for Eastie if they don't plan on adding at least a few more moderators. If, as MYMC reported in post #164 (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=168543&postcount=164) , MasterCraft really WOULD consider shutting this site down, then it would appear the fate of this site hinges on ETS and Jason's ability to ride herd on 3900 members.

vegashomeexpert
04-02-2006, 11:46 AM
It has to be fallout from the swimsuit and Hoosier threads. Somebody said "heads will roll" and that poor head was JimN. :(

vegashomeexpert
04-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Got up this morning and went straight away to Team Talk.

Eastie wasn't online.

That's a heck of way to begin his first full day on the job. Sheesh.
Mr. Eastie, you gotta take this job seriously. On 24/7. You see how quick they are with the axe! ;)

bigmac
04-02-2006, 01:02 PM
One thing I always do is have a handful of moderators, limit their privileges to post and thread moderation, and create a specific forum that is only visible to moderators so that they can all discuss moderation issues like "what do we do with this thread?" Much better than leaving all that pressure and responsibility in the hands of one poor Texican.

ski_king
04-02-2006, 01:13 PM
So what is a Super Moderator?

bigmac
04-02-2006, 01:29 PM
So what is a Super Moderator?

As defined by vBulletin's default Admin control panel settings, the only difference between a Moderator and a Super Moderator is that a Super Moderator has privileges to moderate ALL forums, whereas usually a Moderator is assigned specific forums. It looks like Doug is assigned moderation duties for all forums, so technically he IS a Super Moderator without that particular title - ie not assigned in the Admin control panel to that specific user group. The control panel allows setting various privileges for each user group, and there's a certain amount of crossover.

vegashomeexpert
04-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Can a moderator or super moderator award camera icons? ;)

bigmac
04-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Can a moderator or super moderator award camera icons? ;)

Shoot...I can do that....here ya go....http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/images/buttons/camera.gif

I suspect the camera icon problem is mainly due to the old version of vBulletin TMC is using in conjunction with the old version of PhotoPost.

east tx skier
04-02-2006, 03:54 PM
I think things that don't relate to content tend to fall on the site administrator. So the cameras are out of my hands. I'm not wiser about this situation than I was yesterday.

ski_king
04-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Ok, aclow is probobly Aarne Clow, MasterCraft’s Team and Event Manager.

Who is nschimdt?

Why don't you gus drop in smetime and say hi? :wavey: :wavey:

bigmac
04-02-2006, 05:10 PM
I think things that don't relate to content tend to fall on the site administrator. So the cameras are out of my hands. I'm not wiser about this situation than I was yesterday.

oh yeh...you gotta roll up your sleeves and climb into the bilge to fix that problem. The place to start would be upgrading this site to the latest version of vBulletin, and the latest version of PhotoPost. WAY outside of the Moderator's control panel.