PDA

View Full Version : Flush Pro

jmac197
09-26-2004, 09:50 PM
I have a flush pro installed on my 02 PS197. Does anyone know how to get the fp to suck eco-friendly anti freeze out of a gallon jug? I tried duct taping the raw water inlet under the boat but no go.

Thanks
Jim

DrNautica
09-27-2004, 10:22 AM
How about permanently installing a seacock shutoff valve in the water inlet line between the Flush Pro and the hull?

jmac197
09-27-2004, 10:33 PM
I called the folks at flush pro today and that's what they suggested. Problem is I don't have enough room between the hull and the fp for it. They didn't have any other suggestions. I was hoping the collective brains of this board...which I have found to be very good...could come up with something.

Thanks
Jim

DrNautica
09-27-2004, 10:36 PM
Jmac,
Would it be possible to splice in a longer length of hose to form a loop and install a ballcock valve inline instead of at the through-hull? Again, just a thought.

Dr N.

H20skeefreek
09-27-2004, 11:02 PM
Jmac,
Would it be possible to splice in a longer length of hose to form a loop and install a ballcock valve inline instead of at the through-hull? Again, just a thought.

Dr N.

or remove the hose from the thru-hull and put it down in the jug??

Ric
09-28-2004, 10:26 AM
I wasted $ on a flush pro too & installed it myself in order to use the winterization feature for low pressure water supplies or no water supply at all situations. After many calls to perko I have given up. It will not allow the motor to pull water(let alone anti-freeze) from a bucket.
The one thing I didnt try was to plug the raw water intake and then raise the bucket supply above the motor and siphon it to get it started...... PITA!!! :mad:

OhioProstar
09-28-2004, 10:36 AM
Why not make a hose adaptor to connect to the flush pro with a female garden hose fitting on one end and a hose with a large enough I/D to fit over the whole mouth of the anti-freeze jug. Have a couple jugs handy, drain the water out, attach the adaptor and hose and suck a couple gallons of AF into the block and headers.

east tx skier
09-28-2004, 10:45 AM
For not too much money at home depot, you can rig up a 5 gallon bucket with some pvc pipe coming out of it with an elbow. They sell rubber fittings complete with hose clamps as well. Drill a hole in the bucket, put the pipe through, secure it on the other side with a threaded connection and seal. Attach the rubber adaptor to your tranny cooler, drop a running hose in the bucket and crank her up.

This way, you're not forcing water into your system. Rather, your impeller is pulling the water as it's designed to do. I like this better than using garden hoses as the engine can put enough pressure on a regular hose to close it off. This is not a problem with PVC. Plus, adding antifreeze in the wintertime is the easiest thing in the world with this setup.

Ric
09-28-2004, 11:13 AM
Sounds cool, can you post a pic?

ski_king
09-28-2004, 11:26 AM
I have been thinking of buying a flush pro for a while now and I am glad I didn't. It never occured to me that it will only work with a hose input and won't suck out of a bucket.

When I run my boat out of the water, I set a 5 gallon bucket next to the open engine cover. Pull the hose off the intake on the bottom of the boat and drop it into the bucket. The hose on mine between the transmission cooler and the intake is long enough to reach to the bottom of the bucket. (I think I replaced it once with a longer length)

If I am going to add antifreeze, I have a second bucket with the antifreeze and pull the hose out of the water bucket and drop into the antifreeze bucket.

I am not sure how this will work on some of the newer boats, but it has worked for me.

NeilM
09-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Agreed. I bought and installed a flush pro, and, to be honest, it wasn't worth it.:noface: It will take antifreeze through the garden hose fitting as long as it is being gravity-fed from a bucket like East-TX describes and you have that little 'adaptor' compressing the ball valve inside the FlushPro. I just might take it back out and replace it with an new intake hose..I suppose if I was in salt water and flushed every day, the garden hose fitting would be really convenient...

OhioProstar
09-28-2004, 03:49 PM
Neil,
I found the male end garden hose fitting at Lowes for $2.50.

add a piece of 3/4 garden hose, a 3/4 to 1 1/2 inch reducer, and a small piece of 1 1/4 I/D hosing and you should be set. Simply Take a couple AV jugs, make sure their mouths are in the hose and turn them over, al la Gravity Bong.

NeilM
09-28-2004, 10:02 PM
OhioProStar..

Yep.. built one after Lakes Rick said that's what he did to backflush his tranny cooler -- used it for winterizing my buddy's Tigé -- cost me under ten bucks Canadian.. Thanks!

lakes Rick
09-28-2004, 10:12 PM
Whats a Bong????

NeilM
09-28-2004, 10:34 PM
Rick, dig out your old Cheech and Chong LP;) .... "Dave's not here, man!..."

'bong' is a water pipe... but not generally used for antifreeze.... if you get my drift...

OhioProstar
09-29-2004, 10:04 AM
It is also used for drinking beer. Take a funnel, a length of hose, and a couple beers. Elevate the "Bong" above your head and look out....beer-a-coming

east tx skier
09-30-2004, 10:32 AM
... and gravity bong?

MarkP
09-30-2004, 11:45 AM
I sent my flush pro back to dim the day after I got it. I just wasn’t that impressed with it.

Agreed. I bought and installed a flush pro, and, to be honest, it wasn't worth it.:noface: It will take antifreeze through the garden hose fitting as long as it is being gravity-fed from a bucket like East-TX describes and you have that little 'adaptor' compressing the ball valve inside the FlushPro. I just might take it back out and replace it with an new intake hose..I suppose if I was in salt water and flushed every day, the garden hose fitting would be really convenient...

lakes Rick
09-30-2004, 12:02 PM
"Daves not here man"... I crack up when I watch him on "that 70's show"....

east tx skier
10-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Is he back on there. I thought they locked him up for a while.

lakes Rick
10-01-2004, 07:30 PM
OH NO we need to get some free Tommy Chong signs going.. I am sure I am watching repeats.....