PDA

View Full Version : Off to China!

jmyers
03-30-2006, 06:00 PM
Well boy's yall' are going to have to surrvive all this contravercy without me for a while! I am leaving in the morning for China and when I get back it better be SPRING and everyone needs to be in a better mood damn it! :D :D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-30-2006, 06:01 PM
Yea, well dont fall off the great wall :eek: Dont drink the water.....oh wait, thats mexico. well, just be careful.

jmyers
03-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Yea, well dont fall off the great wall :eek: Dont drink the water.....oh wait, thats mexico. well, just be careful.
Thanks UMP! I thought about taking the MC but that is a long boat ride! :eek: One more trip to wave goodbye to the boat in the garage! And then Hawaii on April 22nd for a week to play Hockey so I guess I just have to suck it up! Work, Work, Work!

east tx skier
03-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Safe trip to ya! Don't try to access the old SS thread from over there. They may have more strict internet controls that the do in Vonore. ;)

Leroy
03-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Have a safe trip! Run if you see any dead birds....

Maybe you can try the skiing, I hear its a blast!

east tx skier
03-30-2006, 06:41 PM
That cartoon always makes me smile. That ox or whatever has a look on his face like this isn't the first time this has happened.

jmyers
03-30-2006, 06:43 PM
That cartoon always makes me smile. That ox or whatever has a look on his face like this isn't the first time this has happened.
Hey that picture isn't too far from the truth either! :eek: I will try to take some picture's mabey some SS shots! Well mabey not! :rolleyes:

jmyers
04-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Well I am back! This was the worst trip of my life, while I was gone my mom passed away on Sunday morning! Sorry to vent on here, but this is really hard to deal with and you guy's have become a good group of friends! I couldn't have picked a harder place to have that happen. :(

milkmania
04-06-2006, 06:17 PM
so sorry to hear about your mother:(

I'm just wondering, was she with you? if not, were you able to make it back for services? Was she sick? How far into the trip were you?

I see by your initial post you were leaving on the 31st......wasn't sure how long the trip was....ie: relocating, etc

man, we're here for you:)

jmyers
04-06-2006, 06:31 PM
so sorry to hear about your mother:(

I'm just wondering, was she with you? if not, were you able to make it back for services? Was she sick? How far into the trip were you?

I see by your initial post you were leaving on the 31st......wasn't sure how long the trip was....ie: relocating, etc

man, we're here for you:)
Thanks milk! This really sucks, It still hasen't hit me yet, I just got home at 9:00 this morning I got the call on Monday at 2:30 in the morning which is Sunday at 11:00 I think! She was going though some different things but she had an enlarged heart and had a heart attack my sister found her at 5:00 in the morning! I was supposed to come home tommorow but fought with United to leave they wouldn't let me go out of Shanghai after I found out because of their routing so I had to wait until Wednesday to go to Taiwan and leave on Thursday which was really upsetting not to be able to come home! I am just beginning to have to handle everything and I really don't know how! As I said this goes down as the worst week of my life!

east tx skier
04-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Well I am back! This was the worst trip of my life, while I was gone my mom passed away on Sunday morning! Sorry to vent on here, but this is really hard to deal with and you guy's have become a good group of friends! I couldn't have picked a harder place to have that happen. :(

I can't tell you how sorry am for your loss my friend.

jrcarte78
04-06-2006, 06:58 PM

I'm sorry for your loss jmyers. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

maristarman
04-06-2006, 07:02 PM
You and your family will be in my prayers.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

jmyers
04-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks guy's! This is a hard time and hearing from you all helps all the prayers for my mom will definetly make her feel better where she is now! Again sorry to deal with this here, but I haven't had this happen and need some support! Thankyou!

erkoehler
04-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Will be here for you man, my families prayers are with you :(

pq2
04-06-2006, 07:36 PM
so sorry to hear that, my prayers to you and your family.

André
04-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Sorry to read that j.
Sincere condoleances .

BriEOD
04-06-2006, 07:46 PM
That is terrible to hear bro. My condolences.

MarkP
04-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Sorry to hear that jmyers.

bcampbe7
04-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Very sorry to hear this jmyers!
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

ski_king
04-06-2006, 08:45 PM
You have my condoleances,
I know what a hard time you are having with this. My dad passed away one year to the day before your mother, it isnt easy, but time will replace your sorrow with her memories that will last you your lifetime.

Mag_Red
04-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Very sorry about the loss of your mother. I can't even imagine How I'll handle it when one of my folks past away. :(

Footin
04-06-2006, 09:32 PM
I can image what your were going through. I also travel to Asia and Europe and anyone who has been that far from home knows the helplessness and frustration knowing you are at a least 24 hour flight away and the airport people could care less about your problems.

I know how long that day wait was to get on that plane.

May God be with you and your family, I will be thinking of you.

milkmania
04-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Again sorry to deal with this here, but I haven't had this happen and need some support! Thankyou!

nonsense, most on here have dealt with it, although most may never physically meet each other, there's a common bond here. you're among friends.

be with your family and offer them all the support they can ever ask for, and it'll slowly become easier to accept.

we're on your side:)

6ballsisall
04-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Very sorry for your loss jmyers.

you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

phecksel
04-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Sorry you hear about your mom

My thoughts are with you.

Kevin 89MC
04-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Wow, that's so tragic. Such horrible timing. I can't even begin to comprehend what losing a parent must be like. My thoughts are with you and your loved ones.

SteveO
04-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Jmyers, Sorry to hear of the loss. Hope your upcoming days are filled with some comfort and peace with your family. You and your family our in my thoughts and prayers.

Datdude
04-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Sorry about your loss. I can not imagine what it is like having to deal with that.

X-45
04-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Man thats rough. sorry for your loss jmyers :(

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Wow, I dont know what to say Jmeyers. :( I guess I can only say that I truly feel sorry for you and your family. I cant imagine how difficult that was to be so far from home getting news like that. I dont know how to say this, but I hope you and your family can find peace in some way during this very rough time. I wish there was a way we could ease your pain. :(

Take care man. and you are amoung friends here. :)

jmyers
04-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Good morning all! Thankyou for al the replies and thoughts, every prayer helps! I just returned from L.A and got to visit some of the places my mom and I enjoyed together, and after all the rain and bad weather it was the perfect day not a cloud in the sky. Tell me there is not a higher power up there! Again I want to say I truely appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers, and never waste a moment in life to enjoy your time on this earth to be with friends and family! Thanks!

LakePirate
04-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Jmyers - Just read the thread - It sounds like things are looking better. I hope you and your family the best, during this rough time.