PDA

View Full Version : Somebody's trying to burn down our Wal-Mart!

milkmania
03-30-2006, 11:02 AM
About 5:00 am the fire trucks, ambulances, and police cars swarmed our local Wal-Mart....

an arsonist started a fire in the paint department!
he's in custody already......

idiot!

sand2snow22
03-30-2006, 11:15 AM
They stop them from being built around here...

milkmania
03-30-2006, 11:17 AM
you'd think the idiot coulda waited till April 1st.:rolleyes:

phecksel
03-30-2006, 12:52 PM
About 5:00 am the fire trucks, ambulances, and police cars swarmed our local Wal-Mart....

an arsonist started a fire in the paint department!
he's in custody already......

idiot!
It will be interesting to hear why. My guess, he's protesting something that has nothing to do with Walmart.

Bobby
03-30-2006, 01:54 PM
last year someone tried to start a fire in the clothing dept. of the moore walmart. must be an okie thing.

milkmania
03-30-2006, 02:05 PM
last year someone tried to start a fire in the clothing dept. of the moore walmart. must be an okie thing.

this guy did it right.....

smoke damaged the clothes along with everything else:rolleyes:

Leroy
03-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Could be like the guy that stayed in Walmart for 41 hours as a school project? Took a smoke break in the paint dept?

jrcarte78
03-30-2006, 02:24 PM
What's up with all the arson!!?? I read or hear something everyday about stuff getting lit on fire by people. Maybe this has always been going on but is just now more in my face...

Workin' 4 Toys
03-30-2006, 02:49 PM
It will be interesting to hear why. My guess, he's protesting something that has nothing to do with Walmart.
Yup, probably some tree hugger thinks they are making too much paint.!!;)

TonyB
03-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Yup, probably some tree hugger thinks they are making too much paint.!!;)

Trees are our friends.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Trees are our friends.
Yes, makes for good fires I guess.....:rolleyes:

milkmania
03-30-2006, 05:19 PM
What's up with all the arson!!?? I read or hear something everyday about stuff getting lit on fire by people. Maybe this has always been going on but is just now more in my face...

The airport field in Ft. Smith, Ar. caught on fire over the weekend during the AirShow.... when those fire trucks got done, it was even smoldering!:eek:

Pyrotechnics caught that field on fire

jrcarte78
03-30-2006, 07:43 PM
The airport field in Ft. Smith, Ar. caught on fire over the weekend during the AirShow.... when those fire trucks got done, it was even smoldering!:eek:

Pyrotechnics caught that field on fire

I hadn't heard that.... I haven't seen the local news lately....

:o

milkmania
03-30-2006, 10:20 PM
I hadn't heard that.... I haven't seen the local news lately....

:o

that's ok, I got pictures:D

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/DSCF5590.jpg

88 PS190
03-30-2006, 10:45 PM
who spring breaks in walmart anyway?

PendO
03-31-2006, 02:41 AM
maybe it is the same people who burned down 11 million dollars of new apartments at Gonzaga a few weeks ago ????????????????

erkoehler
03-31-2006, 10:17 AM
:noface: who spring breaks in walmart anyway?

Apparently that kid did until the store manage found out, and after consulting with his law professor he immediately left the store.....I heard that he would even sleep on the toilet! :eek:

milkmania
04-01-2006, 01:32 AM
Neighborhood Wal-Mart

Local News Cause of Wal-Mart fire undetermined

By Regina Smith, News Reporter

The Poteau Wal-Mart store sustained fire damage in an early morning fire on Thursday.

At approximately 5:40 a.m. members of the Poteau Fire Department were called to a fire inside the supercenter on North Broadway. According to Wal-Mart manager Wayne Neuharth, the fire started near the hardware department in the northwest corner of the store.

According to Neuharth the fire was quickly contained and no one was hurt. He said that approximately 30 Wal-mart associates and several customers were quickly evacuated. Neuharth said that officials with the Wal-mart corporate office in Bentonville, Ark. were on hand Thursday to help assess the damage along with insurance adjusters.

He said he was unsure what the extent of the damage from the fire would be, but that the damage was mostly smoke from the fire as well as water from the sprinkler system. The system was activated fairly quickly.

Jon Pickel, Poteau Fire Chief, stated, "When we arrived there was visible fire in the hardware department. Three sprinkler heads had activated and kept fire contained until we could extinguish it. We achieved suppression within two minutes. We then disarmed the sprinkler system to stop the water flow."

Pickel stated the northern part of the building was blanketed with heavy smoke.

"After we got the sprinklers off we began the huge task of getting the smoke out of the 188,000 square foot building," the fire chief stated. "We opened the exit doors on the north side of the building and set up our exhaust fans. It took us quite a while to change the air over in the entire store. It took us only a couple of minutes to put out the fire, but a couple of hours to get the smoke out."

At approximately 10:30 a.m. officials began to let those employees who volunteered to go into the store to assist in clean-up efforts

At approximately 1 p.m. Neuharth stated that he hoped the store would be open Friday morning.

"But it's still too soon to know that right now," Neuharth said. "We have a clean up crew from Dallas on their way to help here. The employees have also been great to help with the immediate clean up."

Pickel said he was very appreciative of the mayor, the police department and other city department personnel who helped at the scene.

"The police helped with the evacuation of the store and dealt with the people outside for us," Pickel stated. "That was one less thing I had to deal with. When we had everything under control the mayor and other city employees pitched right in to help with water removal."

"I want to thank the fire department for their quick response," Neuharth stated. "They got here very quickly and put the fire out within minutes. The police department also deserves our thanks for all they did during the incident and what they continue to do to help us out here."

Neuharth, who has been the manager of the Poteau Wal-Mart since opening in 1989, said, "This was a first for me. And hopefully the last."

Officials with the State Fire Marshals were on hand early Thursday morning to investigate the cause of the fire, but as of press time had not made that determination.

The fire continues to be under investigation by the state fire marshall.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/IMG_0062.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/IMG_0063.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/IMG_0065.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/IMG_0068.jpg