PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else embarrased that

maristarman
03-30-2006, 02:15 AM
at a time when MYMC is trying to spearhead something incredibly kind for a really sick little boy and his family

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=7978

that the majority of the posts are from people whining about the swimsuit thread?

I just don't get it.

:(

Hoosier Bob
03-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Most of whom have already sent checks and bumped or posted to keep the thread on top. I think we will all surprise ourselves not embarrass ourselves.

Maristar210
03-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Although I have not whined.. I would think these are two totally seperate issues. For you to caterogize them as similiar is not fair. The SS thread does not represent the obvious sincerity of anyone who read the post. MS-Man - We all care about the issue, for you to call us out is not cool. I am certain every one of the members here cares more about the child than the SS thread. If you decide to paint us all with one brush then please leave me out......

maristarman
03-30-2006, 11:58 PM
Dude,

I'm not calling anyone out.

I was stating a fact.

Someone posted about a 5 year old and his family going through some really tough times.

And the board administrator locked out the ability to post to the swimsuit thread.

Obviously those posts stirred a strong emotional response from people.

So thats why I compared the two.

But........

There were probably 20 to 30 posts about the swimsuit thread to every one about Spencer.

And I thought that sucked and still does.

I don't recall mentioning anyone by name.

I read the post about Spencer and his family and the swimsuit lockout seemed very insignificant.

I stand by my comment.

I was embarrassed that there were TONS of swimsuit posts and not too many offers to help.

Maybe all of those people posting about the swimsuit thread hadn't read about Spencer yet, and that's why they were consumed with the swimsuit thread.

Lets be clear. I was talking about what was going on when I started the thread and immediately preceeding.

The outpouring of support from TMC members today has been VERY IMPRESSIVE

east tx skier
03-31-2006, 05:37 PM
I've been posting about the SS thread, so I guess this applies to me. For the record, I don't think there's anything on this board more important that Spencer and his health. I don't think my posts on other topics lessen the importance of his situation though. But I don't think that was your point. Regardless, my check is well on its way to Charlotte. I've also sent an email to a business that gets a ton of plugs on this site bringing the matter to their attention I also posted about it over on the Nicholl's Discussion Forum.

Perhaps its time to drop a line over at Planet Nautique and The Malibu Crew.

Hoosier Bob
03-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Hey Maristar, I understand. I also think a bunch of us will send checks without posting to the thread. I would believe that the guys hitting the SS threads are just having fun and posting multiple comments regarding their postition. The first time I viewed the other thread I thought it was the Tough Day thread about not getting out for a pass. Fortunately the title changed and I read the new version. Many of us will not post but merely send the money and others will continue to have fun on the Whining threads. Maybe we should see how much people would pay to keep the SS thread around? I would not give what I did for that cause (not that I did not enjoy the threads in question)! We did what we could and continued being who we are. Peas and carrots/ MasterCraft and Swimsuits any questions? :D

tommcat
03-31-2006, 05:46 PM
no i'm not embarrased about it. if you are thats fine.