PDA

View Full Version : Today

BriEOD
09-25-2004, 04:28 PM
Just wanted to brag that I got a kitchen pass today and went out for a few hours. It wasn't "glass" but it's the first time I've been out in 5 weeks so I had a good time. Hope everyone else had a safe and fun day. You Florida guys hang in there, we're thinking about ya'll. :wavey:

east tx skier
09-25-2004, 04:43 PM
Very nice, Brian. Any water is good water after 5 weeks. Ditto on the best wishes for those in Florida.

timandjesi
09-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Brian,
Where were you at this morning? My wife and I and a few friends we out at Bushy park and it was not bad, but no where near great conditions.

Tim

stevo137
09-25-2004, 07:34 PM
I little plumbing work for me today. Master bedroom bath is getting a facelift.

Our thoughts also go out to those in the path of Jeanne.

Leroy
09-25-2004, 09:51 PM
Glad to see someone else have honey do lists and home maintenance. NOT that I don't want to see everyone on the lake every chance possible, but also only been out twice in past 5 weeks and had the most beautiful fall wx in Indianapolis in years.

My lake is ok, but the smaller one's closer have lifts sitting in mud now. :( Water dept says they will have warning system for homeowners next year. Not much you can do then. The smaller closer lakes always either go dry or have an attack of "very green water" that requires massive chemical treatment.

H20skeefreek
09-25-2004, 10:01 PM
Brian,
Where were you at this morning? My wife and I and a few friends we out at Bushy park and it was not bad, but no where near great conditions.

Tim

2 guys in the summerville/moncks corner area, add me and we've got three for winter skiing.

My goal is to ski AT LEAST once every month for the first year I have the boat, you guys up for it?

timandjesi
09-25-2004, 10:40 PM
I would love to, and have been for the last four years (I had a 2000 Malibu before the MC), but my wife and are are getting transferred to sunny San Diego, CA next month.

BriEOD
09-26-2004, 09:27 AM
Tim are you Navy?

I was up at the Tail Race Canal, Moncks Corner on Saturday. We put in at the "Dock" (now it's a Gilligans). We used to go to Bushy a lot but I've found the Tail Race to be a little more family friendly.

Where in Summerville are you? I actually live in Goose Creek, Hamlets of Crowfield Plantation. Are you going out next weekend. You guys are so close!

BriEOD
09-26-2004, 09:30 AM
Thomas I'm game.

timandjesi
09-26-2004, 11:35 AM
We are actually driving up to Charlotte and then Cincinnati next weekend, it will be the last time for a while that the wife can see her family. But, we are going to try to get out Tuesday and Wednesday of this week (barring the Hurricane weather) in the evening. We live just off Old Trolley road up in Summerville. Yep I am in the Navy, I am a Nuke ETC over on the Weapons station.

River Rat
09-26-2004, 12:07 PM
We went last night. Third time this week, going again today, man I love living on the water!! Grass needs cutting, garage needs cleaning, oh well there is always next week!!

BriEOD
09-26-2004, 02:45 PM
Wow, that is unfortunate that you are moving. I assume you are taking the boat? Out of curiosity where did you purchase it?

I was on Trolley Road today. I was up at Home Depot and then cut across Trolley to get over on Dorchester. I've seen a few vehicles with MC stickers on them but, it is always a woman driver and I don't want to freak any one out. Do you see a lot of ski boats over at Bushy?

timandjesi
09-26-2004, 03:37 PM
Yes it is going with us, we just bought a 2005 X-2 from MC of Charlotte. They are the local "dealer" even thought Trophy Lakes is the represenative here in the Charleston area. No, we don't have any stickers on the Avalanche or car yet. I need to order some though. There are actually alot of ski boats out at bushy. I have seen an older barefoot nautique, a new Moomba XLV, a few Malibu Wakesetters an LSV, the ocassional Sunsetter LXI, and then the guys in the ski club boats. They have a few MasterCraft Pro Star 190's, Ski Nautuque 196(206?), Malibu Sportster, a Moomba Boomerang and a few other misc. boats they ski behind regularly back in Fosters Creek.

stevo137
09-26-2004, 07:47 PM
That sure is some nice looking water!

roddydog
03-04-2005, 11:24 AM
:mad: You guys are killin' me! I'm going up to my cottage this wknd. and I'll be DRIVING across the lake.

Dan K
03-04-2005, 11:36 AM
roddydog,
I went to mine last weekend, two feet of solid ice! Water was like glass it shatters. :eek:

jayderwin1
03-04-2005, 12:04 PM
i went out yesterday after work it was choice like a sheet of glass the whole lake here in Tennessee water temp was about 45 air temp about 50 nice for this time of year.