PDA

View Full Version : Favorite snacks on the boat

kalanic
03-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Im happy with some good ol fashioned Beef Jerkey! No crumb makin, cheese havin, mess makin foods allowed!

River Rat
03-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Bud Lite :woohoo: and NO food, we eat that on the dock

jsonova99
03-29-2006, 05:07 PM
cold beer! :friday:

kalanic
03-29-2006, 05:08 PM
I like the beer too but dont get to enjoy it until back at the dock..so I end up gettin hungry on the water. No DUI for me!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-29-2006, 05:10 PM
IN the cooler are granola bars, raisins, V8 juice, banana, Orange juice, and plenty of bottled water. If I am going out for a long day, I take a can or slimfast or a slimfast bar. If its a quick evening ski, water only!

If my friends want beer, they have to take care of it themselves. I dont drink on the boat, ever. Actually, I take that back, I had ONE beer to celebrate the day I learned how to deep water start on one ski. That was the ONLY time I drank a beer on my boat. :eek:

east tx skier
03-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Im happy with some good ol fashioned Beef Jerkey! No crumb makin, cheese havin, mess makin foods allowed!

I hear that. No cheese crackers! Actually, since our routine is to hit the water, ski, and usually head for the dock. We usually just take drinks (including a diaper bag full of bottles).

Footin
03-29-2006, 05:15 PM
If it's "family day" and the wife and kids go we pick up sub's and take fruit and drinks.

jsonova99
03-29-2006, 05:16 PM
I only bring beer for the guests, although I like to have one on my way in sometimes. :cool: Other than that, I don't usually bring much of anything, maybe some raisins or something simple to snack on that doesn't make too much mess.

TMCNo1
03-29-2006, 05:23 PM
UMP, you my HERO! Good for you!
Powerade, Cokes, Fresca and maybe some Lance Crackers for a snack between breakfast and lunch. You know there ain't nothing better than a warm homegrown tomato sandwich with lots of mayo, pepper and some fried chicken on the lake. Makes for a good dash dressing too from all the drippings and chicken grease! :popcorn: :wavey: :cool:

TonyB
03-29-2006, 05:27 PM
On the way to the boat launch we pass a Shell Gas Station that makes......... . . .

. . ...wait for it... . . . .

...........Fried Chicken Gizzards!

Me and the kids almost always stop and pick up sack full of Gizzards, a couple of Fried Chicken Legs, a few Deep Fried Potato Wedges, Chocolate YooHoos, some Milo's Tea and a sixpack of whatever's on sale.

God, I love summer.

M-Funf
03-29-2006, 05:47 PM
[puts on flamesuit]

I'm not too picky about what guests bring on the boat. Most everything cleans up easy, so I don't care. Cheese and crackers are great! Sandwich fixin's are good, too. Chips and salsa, guacamole, whatever...

I usually provide the boat and gas, guests bring food and drinks for all. If they want to chip in for gas, that's great, too :) I might have a couple of beers toward the end of the day, plus lots of water during the day.

flipper
03-29-2006, 05:50 PM
We pack all kinds of stuff, it all gets dumped out on shore somewhere with an ez-up, and just take water. Hate it when people want to bring chips and crackers, you know they are going to get mashed into the carpet.

erkoehler
03-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Usually water.....if we are out for a whole day, we may pack a sack lunch and find a beach to eat at, or you may sit on the platform and eat.

NO EATING IN THE BOAT!!!!

Guests may bring whatever they want for beverages, but it is limited to clear liquids only !

jrcarte78
03-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Ours is normally limited to the first packaged thing we can find in the pantry on our way out the door.

i.e. cheese crackers, PB crackers, a couple of pop tarts, a water or two and a couple of diet cokes

Mag_Red
03-29-2006, 06:50 PM
If it's "family day" and the wife and kids go we pick up sub's and take fruit and drinks.
I going in your boat! :D Hmmmmmmmmmm subbbbbbbbbbssssssss

Mag_Red
03-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Pringles and Chips Ahoy! Lot's of BUd Light!

skeeler
03-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Gas is the only snack people can bring in my boat......... :D

LakePirate
03-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Gas is the only snack people can bring in my boat......... :D

I was so looking for this answer to go somewhere else...with a pic..

6ballsisall
03-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Beer is always a good choice. Not keen on food in my boat but non messy foods like gummy worms etc... could be acceptable

LakePirate
03-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Beer is always a good choice. Not keen on food in my boat but non messy foods like gummy worms etc... could be acceptable

A good melted gummy worm in the carpet would be all sorts of fun.

Leroy
03-29-2006, 08:13 PM
OMG :eek:

You are upholding the southern fried chicken image! THis is hard for me to picture, can you still recognize what you are eating?

On the way to the boat launch we pass a Shell Gas Station that makes......... . . .

. . ...wait for it... . . . .

...........Fried Chicken Gizzards!

Me and the kids almost always stop and pick up sack full of Gizzards, a couple of Fried Chicken Legs, a few Deep Fried Potato Wedges, Chocolate YooHoos, some Milo's Tea and a sixpack of whatever's on sale.

God, I love summer.

Leroy
03-29-2006, 08:16 PM
For the morning skiing just coffee.

In the evening or weekend any and all of the junk you can imagine! I try to make everyone eat off the back if it is crumbly stuff. Apples, bananas etc are ok. Watermelon is great, but drippy!

LakePirate
03-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Watermelon is why they invented tubes....

Usually only beer and water round these parts....got to have a solo cup for the beers or a coosie.

87 TriStar 190
03-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Evenings we meet at the lake coming from opposite directions. It's the only time we get together. No food until dark, then we break out subs, chips, cookies, sodas and maybe a beer for the idle back to the dock. It's a neat freak group that knows I'm anal about the boat. Weekends we take a lunch and eat on the platform. It's a little extra cleaning, but the times are worth it. One rule, no orange colored snacks, like cheetoes.

Maristar210
03-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Usually water.....if we are out for a whole day, we may pack a sack lunch and find a beach to eat at, or you may sit on the platform and eat.

NO EATING IN THE BOAT!!!!

Guests may bring whatever they want for beverages, but it is limited to clear liquids only !

Oh my god. Clear liquids only? No eating in the boat?

I am sorry but you have lost your frickin mind. Is your boat a Picasso or a boat?

Good Gawd.... pringles and fruit puch for me please.!!!!!!

erkoehler
03-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Hey, gotta keep it in the showroom conditions as it presently is :D

milkmania
03-29-2006, 09:26 PM
maybe some Lance Crackers for a snack between breakfast and lunch.

My son got named after the Lance cracker machine in the delivery waiting area.....

I kept banging my head against it, saying, "what have I done?"

I was 18http://deephousepage.com/smilies/banghead.gif

milkmania
03-29-2006, 09:28 PM

with cheetos & a can of cheez whiz:headbang:

JEREMY79
03-30-2006, 10:30 PM

I am sorry but you have lost your frickin mind. Is your boat a Picasso or a boat?

I agree 100% My only rule is you make a mess, you clean it up. He!! we even smoke in my boat.

TonyB
03-30-2006, 10:42 PM
OMG :eek:

You are upholding the southern fried chicken image! THis is hard for me to picture, can you still recognize what you are eating?

Hmmmmmm, yep, that's a gizzard all right.

You good folks that don't allow food in your boat, you don't know what you are missing.

There's nothing like finishing your last set of the day, taking your place behind the wheel, pulling on a cold one, and popping a handful of Nacho Cheese Doritos.

I've yet to find something I couldn't clean off the seats or carpet with a hose and a brush.

I like being on the boat with my kids. Kids like to eat. Kids make messes. But beer, food, and my kids make me happy.

maristarman
03-30-2006, 10:51 PM

W A R N I N G

You do NOT want to start the "food on the boat" debate.

We've been down that road before and it wasn't a pretty sight.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=3735&highlight=museum

erkoehler
03-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Hmmmmmm, yep, that's a gizzard all right.

You good folks that don't allow food in your boat, you don't know what you are missing.

There's nothing like finishing your last set of the day, taking your place behind the wheel, pulling on a cold one, and popping a handful of Nacho Cheese Doritos.

I've yet to find something I couldn't clean off the seats or carpet with a hose and a brush.

I like being on the boat with my kids. Kids like to eat. Kids make messes. But beer, food, and my kids make me happy.

:popcorn: And that is what it is all about :dance:

whitedog
03-31-2006, 06:55 AM

In my case its teenage kids. Give them a workout and stand back when they look for food. :eek: Never ending eating machings.

Its water, gatoraid, snickers bars, jerky, cheese, fruit, subs, and pretty much anything else except cheesey crackers. Adult type bevorages for mom and dad, I only drink beer after the skiing is done tho.:)

TonyB
03-31-2006, 09:50 AM
I only drink beer after the skiing is done tho.:)

Touche'

Once upon a time I tried to ski after having a couple. I didn't even think I had a buzz but alcohol definitly does something to your equilibrium.

Once I pop a top, I'm done skiing.