PDA

View Full Version : What would you rather have?????

M-Funf
03-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Would you rather have the swimsuit thread, or keep this board open?

I thought about making it a public poll, but decided against it...

Sodar
03-29-2006, 03:31 PM
Can we choose all of the above!!

M-Funf
03-29-2006, 03:31 PM
it's not multiple choice...

kalanic
03-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Keep the board open! But cencorship sucks! Jus my opinion!

6ballsisall
03-29-2006, 03:37 PM
What I can't have my cake and eat it too??? :rolleyes:

maristarman
03-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Guys,

If you have a need to look at scantily clad women in bathing suits on your computer there are probably thousands of websites out there that you can do that on.

I can't believe someone would be so obsessed with that one particular thread they'd even think about throwing out the whole Bulletin board.

I've gotten so many good tips regarding my Mastercraft from the guys (and gals) on this board.

This board is an invaluable resource.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-29-2006, 03:39 PM
You folks are pushing him (Mr. Wingo) now.......

M-Funf
03-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Guys,

If you have a need to look at scantily clad women in bathing suits on your computer there are probably thousands of websites out there that you can do that on.

I can't believe someone would be so obsessed with that one particular thread they'd even think about throwing out the whole Bulletin board.

I've gotten so many good tips regarding my Mastercraft from the guys (and gals) on this board.

+1.

Thanks mm...

RackAtak
03-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Keep the board open! But cencorship sucks! Jus my opinion!
This is a privately run and privately funded forum. In that regard, it's not censorship. We have to play by Mastercraft's rules or not play at all. They stated the rules in the past.

That being said, I still think Skeelers posts of his wife were in the spirit of the thread and not out of line and I, for one, will miss her Skeeler :(

kalanic
03-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Guys,

I agree I have learned alot form all of you & would hate to see it go! There is more info here then you would learn from any dealer! & the best part Its free!

bcampbe7
03-29-2006, 03:43 PM
This is a privately run and privately funded forum. In that regard, it's not censorship. We have to play by Mastercraft's rules or not play at all. They stated the rules in the past.

That being said, I still think Skeelers posts of his wife were in the spirit of the thread and not out of line and I, for one, will miss her Skeeler :(

Agree 100%

No need to say more...

east tx skier
03-29-2006, 04:08 PM
You folks are pushing him (Mr. Wingo) now.......

Yup. If I had to bet, I'd say the offending parties are lucky that it was the thread that got chucked. Again, I'm just guessing. This was the wake-up call. The shot across the bow if you will.

It's MC's site. We are their guests. They can run it as they see fit. It is not democracy. Check your first amendment rights at the door. If you don't like it, go post on the Brendella website. ;)

Another thing, I don't know of a boat related site out there that would have put up with that swimsuit thread as long as the MC folks did. Had it continued in the spirit in which it was created, I don't doubt we'd still have it.

/didn't think Skeeler's home grown pictures were problematic.

RobertT
03-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Good lord...what did I miss?

MYMC
03-29-2006, 04:44 PM
I must have missed it to???

TMCNo1
03-29-2006, 04:46 PM
I think, what has happened speaks for itself! ICBW!

east tx skier
03-29-2006, 04:47 PM
The swimsuit thread has been closed. No further postings.

jmyers
03-29-2006, 04:48 PM
BUTT I thought swimsuits and MC's were one in the same! And every once in a while a top or two slips off! :eek:

flipper
03-29-2006, 05:52 PM
This is just wrong, I feel violated.

JohnnyB
03-29-2006, 06:48 PM
The swimsuit thread was a "deeply religious experience"

I'd be all for seeing a revival in its original intended format...original pics of wives, girlfriends, etc.....

Hoosier Bob
03-29-2006, 07:13 PM
What would I rather do? Ski on the local lake on the 4th of July or my own lake 4 miles long? The answer is obvious but I enjoyed both. Life or death I choose life! Yeah we may have gone overboard. Nothing malicious or intentional. I agree and am happy with the decision. Maybe us party poopers can find another venue to have our fun. Great site and even greater people!

skeeler
03-29-2006, 07:57 PM
I totally love TT and the SS thread. If it needs to be locked I guess I understand. It was fun while it lasted. :D The only part that bothers me in these situations, is the fact that it always comes to this to please a few inspite of the masses. Kinda of like for the past few years the same 4 people try to get Reef to pull all of thier ads so the other thousands of magazine subscribers don't see them either. But oh well.

tex
03-29-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm gonna miss Skeeler's wife more than him. No offense Skeeler.

RobertT
03-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Skeeler....you must be the man.

I always miss the good stuff:(

What was it?

tex
03-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Not to sound like an old fart(I love me some T and A)...but if we had stuck to Stevo137's original pic and only posted pics of our wives and girlfriend's...i bet that we would still have 2 pieces! Just a thought from an old purv!

skeeler
03-29-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm gonna miss Skeeler's wife more than him. No offense Skeeler.
Those were the days... :D

JEREMY79
03-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Censorship sucks. I voted #1 but, really like the board also.

Dan K
03-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Though I really like the board and have been here a long time before the SS thread even got started, I think MC benefited from the hits and advertising it created for the site. You don't get into googles top responses without some serious traffic. We didn't have a high number of guest here just to hear us yam about pirates and what not. (that was funny by the way)

I'll still be here just the same but am growing increasingly tired of the censorship about group buys, SS and other parts of our boating lives. Maintaining an active web site is work but is also a great advertising tool if used properly. I say keep the thread and MC just has to step up to the fact that this tool requires some handling ( delete the offending pictures and ban repeat offenders).

Stepping of soap box now.

RobertT
03-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Why not just make the SS thread on another board, then link to it at the bottom of everyones signature line:) :)

Everyone is happy then.

You guys still have not answered the real question though...what happened. Educate a poor fool that is always a few days late.

east tx skier
03-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Robert. Farmer has apparently purchased the domain www.theswimsuitthread.com

As to what happened, TMC came on a long while back and set out some guidelines about what could be posted on the swimsuit thread. Some folks basically ignored the request and the types of photos that he asked not be posted were posted in spite of the request. I appreciate MC giving us the opportunity to govern the situation ourselves before finally pulling the plug. We were apparently not all capable of following the rules on our own. It doesn't really matter what I or anyone else on here thinks is appropriate. It's not our board. We don't have to be here. But I, for one, never logged on here for the swimsuit thread. I'd just check it out from time to time. For the most part, I won't miss it

especially since I can visit www.theswimsuitthread.com.

tommcat
03-29-2006, 10:16 PM
seems a little hypocritical that they seemed to lock it right after skeeler posted a pic that he took, of his wife, in a swimsuit. which if i remember correctly is exactly what was requested?

RobertT
03-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Not a huge deal. Call it what you want, hypocritical, whatever. Most MC ads have a hottie in a bikini. Most guys that like boats...like hotties in bikinis. Kind of a perfect match. Come to think of it, I even like hotties if they have nothing to do with boats. Hmmmmm, getting philosophical here.

Bottom line is that its their board and their rules and they have to err on the side of caution because some moron would eventually complain that their son or daughter was permanently warped.

I could see their side. This is a boating page, not a hotties around boats page.

I plan on frequenting both, easy enough.

My biggest complaint is that I did not even get to see the picture in question. I dont think I will be able to get over it. I really dont.

Curiosity is absolutely killing me. Dang. Somebody throw me a bone...

LakePirate
03-29-2006, 11:20 PM
I don't know that there was one in particular, just a general thumbing of the nose at the warning.

bigmac
03-29-2006, 11:28 PM
Robert. Farmer has apparently purchased the domain www.theswimsuitthread.com

especially since I can visit www.theswimsuitthread.com.

Last I looked, Farmer, or any other swimsuit thread addict could purchase a vBulletin license for about $100 per year. Add in another $100 per year for some server space for Farmer's new domain and you've got yourself a bulletin board web site just like TMC for about $200 per year that can be run any way desired. Of course, ya gotta ask what the swimsuit thread had, as it was implemented here on TMC, that isn't available in about 3 mouse clicks from 3 million other internet web sites.