03-29-2006, 02:05 PM
The swimsuit thread is locked?

No more postings?

milkmania
03-29-2006, 02:06 PM
uh-oh.......................

kalanic
03-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Locked! That Sucks! But We Knew It Was Gonna Happen Soon!

6ballsisall
03-29-2006, 02:07 PM
You gotta be kidding me :rant: :eek:

ski_king
03-29-2006, 02:08 PM
I see at least one other thread has been closed as well.

milkmania
03-29-2006, 02:09 PM
You gotta be kidding me :rant: :eek:

highest traveled thread since I've been coming herehttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/kos.gif

LakePirate
03-29-2006, 02:11 PM
Hey UMP I guess I was wrong earlier.....

milkmania
03-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Hey UMP I guess I was wrong earlier.....

buhawhahahahahttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/smashfreakB.gif

east tx skier
03-29-2006, 02:14 PM
Well, you can't say they didn't give us fair warning of what they did not want posted on there. Some didn't listen. Boundaries were, in some cases, intentionally pushed. And now it's gone. I, for one, wish that it could have continued on in the spirit in which it was conceived.

So Mote it be.

milkmania
03-29-2006, 02:18 PM
cool.....
my wife says I don't learn anything here:

Definition: It translates to "Let it be so" or "So shall it be", and is often used as part of the dialog during rituals, typically in closing. The actual origins of the phrasing is a little obscure and based in old Anglo-Saxon.

kalanic
03-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Shutdown Hoosier Thread too! Wow! Its like the MC Swat Team! We were warned...Feel like I'm grounded! :mad:

LakePirate
03-29-2006, 02:24 PM
Well I guess we are going to have to post everything on this thread so that we can keep the ss thread on the front page.

kalanic
03-29-2006, 02:26 PM
It almost made 500,000 views!

6ballsisall
03-29-2006, 02:30 PM
I think the Malibu guys did it. They aren't cool enough to have such a thread and couln't bare to see us have one. I have proof too..... the other night ole mister police man TMC was on the site and spent shall we say "considerable" time going thru the Swimsuit thread. Now if he was "policing" it I am pretty sure he wouldn't have needed to become that familiar with the photos, I'd say he was more likely "viewing" if you know what I mean. :rolleyes:

Now for the HB thread? I am surprised that one has lasted as long as it has :rolleyes:

Maristar210
03-29-2006, 02:36 PM
I feel like Bill Murray in Caddyshack after he detonated the C4 he quietly walks away like nothing happened.

whistle...
whistle...
whistle...

What Hoosier thread?

That dang Bob made me, he made me do it :o

Sorry TMC

Steve

LakePirate
03-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Well I guess we are going to have to post everything on this thread so that we can keep the ss thread on the front page.

Well now it is gone and will never be on the front page again....:mad: :rant:

6ballsisall
03-29-2006, 02:42 PM
I knew it!! I knew it!! Look at the email I got from the Malibu guys!!!

Dear Mr. Mastercraft owner:

If you notice recently we had your prized thread on your site locked. How and why did we do this? We can because we manufacturer subpar boats and Mastercraft feels bad for us. We did it becuase our members got jealous that they couldn't get women like that on their boats. All the women know our boats are only good for a year or two and hey, who wants to ride a man..uh I mean boat that goes flat after a year or two? We also joined forces with our best friends over at Moomba because.... well........ you know, their boats just really suck. We hope you'll understand why we did it, you probably dont' know how it is being second rate but we felt the need to react.

Signed,

Dr. Jim Michaels

east tx skier
03-29-2006, 02:44 PM
I can't help but wonder about all the potential copyright implications with regard to pictures copied and posted from other sites.

jmyers
03-29-2006, 02:45 PM
*** locked! I have their locked right here! :mad: Ok I'm better now :o , that thread is what kept us going through the winter while we watched our boats sit in the garage! NOW IT"S GONE! :(

Tom023
03-29-2006, 02:54 PM
Good thread! Their site, their rules...too bad, but at least they can't lock down the "List".

jmyers
03-29-2006, 02:56 PM
I think they are just bored! They are looking at the Swimsuit thread and the Hoosier thread right now! Stirrin' up the S**T to keep us on our toes! :noface:

sizzler
03-29-2006, 03:01 PM
dont worry .."the list " will continue.....

Workin' 4 Toys
03-29-2006, 03:01 PM
And I was hoping for more Meaghan pics..

skeeler
03-29-2006, 03:08 PM
If this true....than I will just have to go back to my first swimsuit posting site...www.midwestboatparty.com...One of my friends runs it. This way I only have to post the pics once, rather than twice. :D

tommcat
03-29-2006, 03:15 PM
well i guess that's one way to reduce the amount of traffic their website gets. no point in checking on a regular basis now. :mad:

kalanic
03-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Yes total views says it all! Sex sells & thats a fact. Not saying that the thread made any sales..but who knows.

M-Funf
03-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Am I the only one here who doesn't really give a crap? Yeah, I looked at the SS thread (who wouldn't?) but unsubscribed to it a few weeks back because it kept cluttering up my inbox...

I'm starting a poll.... :rant:

kalanic
03-29-2006, 03:31 PM
I really dont give a crap! But it was a sure magnet for all MC owners! All guys like to see it. Its also workplace friendly!

Sodar
03-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Just start another. I just consider it Spring Cleaning before Summer starts!

kalanic
03-29-2006, 03:34 PM
There will really be no spring break & summer pics now. They thought the ss thread was bad...

SteveO
03-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Skeeler and all. Thanks for the mammarys, I mean memories

kalanic
03-29-2006, 04:49 PM
I second that! Right on skeeler for keepin it real!

Ric
03-29-2006, 04:57 PM
I've been needing to spend less time here anyway.

River Rat
03-29-2006, 05:04 PM
I like my MC site and wish to keep it…That said I liked the SS thread as well but have been surprised that MC put up with it so long, I wish it would have stayed in the spirit in which it was created. Maybe some good summer pictures of family and friends enjoying our MC’s on the water will appear in other threads throughout the summer.

Jeff

PS.
More pictures of Maeghan requested :headbang:

Footin
03-29-2006, 05:15 PM
No official annoucement from TMC?

kalanic
03-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Dont think there is going to be one. Nothin to say about. Bottom line is wont be tolerated, we knew it, all surprised how long it lasted. TMC was good enough to let it go for as long as it did. Hats off to them for that. This is a respectful site used by boating enthusiast that strive for excellence. Looking at bikini's obviously has no bearing when it comes to this web site. The message is clear.

TMC
03-29-2006, 05:54 PM
No official annoucement from TMC?

The announcement is simple - when you couple the several emails / private messages we received with the company values we work so hard to uphold, it was clear we needed to take action regarding images that were blatantly over the line or very close in some threads.

Please be clear, we do not have an issue with modest, swimsuit pictures of families, wives, girlfriends on MC's or on vacation. The difference began when guys started grabbing images that were on other websites or posting inappropriate images. As mentioned, it causes some looming issues like a) is this what MasterCraft is about? b) could we be held liable for having copyrighted material on our site c) what if a co-worker sees you flipping through pages,sees an immodest image and decides to make trouble (remember, its their definition of feeling uncomfortable not yours)

As observed, I spent much time going through every single page and soon realized it is ridiculous. You all know the guidelines you agreed to and I should not have to police it.

Now as for the future - here is how it is going to roll. You will first begin to see a handful of selected moderators come to the scene. Provided they don't have to do a whole lot of moderating, we will all be fine and dandy. However, if they find themselves having to enforce a lot of common sense rules, we will have another issue on our hands.

Bottom line is there are all sorts of things we could do to really inhibit this site - moderate posts, moderate attachments, moderate galleries, etc. But contrary to popular belief, we don't want to do that because we don't want to kill this site - we really make an effort to stay hands off. So that puts the ball in your court - no one (including us) wants MC to heavily moderate this site so all of you help monitor TT so it remains an invaluable resource for years to come.

This is the post nazi signing off - thanks!

Jason

east tx skier
03-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Well put, Jason.

Hoosier Bob
03-29-2006, 06:10 PM
I pushed it I agree. Thanks for the second chance and the site. However had the site disappeared (or I been banned) my days would be much longer, my other half would be happier, the trash would get taken out, dishes washed, (I have kids?) dog walked, garbage disposal fixed, toilet unclogged and pretty much as I see it life would stink! :o
Thanks again!

6ballsisall
03-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Who else saw their post count # drop???? Mine did by about 100?? Whats up with that???

jmyers
03-29-2006, 06:26 PM
OK! :o :wavey:

M-Funf
03-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Who else saw their post count # drop???? Mine did by about 100?? Whats up with that???

Is that by any chance the number of times you posted in the ss thread :rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
03-29-2006, 06:27 PM
I don't remember what mine was but it looks high! :confused: Maybe after a couple of weeks it will be like we never existed? :eek:

6ballsisall
03-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Is that by any chance the number of times you posted in the ss thread :rolleyes:

maybe but don't think so. I don't remember putting anything in there, just lots of viewin :D

Hoosier Bob
03-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Don't even play Jeff! They weren't there! Let's just say I went through as many beers as you did posts! ;)

LakePirate
03-29-2006, 07:33 PM
So Ric - How does it feel to be the last to post on the inFamous SS thread?

skeeler
03-29-2006, 07:46 PM
So Ric - How does it feel to be the last to post on the inFamous SS thread?
Ya, but I had the last pic...or at least my wife did. :D Makes no difference either way. I have already contacted my dealer since the thread was locked, and made arangements to return my boat over the whole deal. :D Just kidding!

LakePirate
03-29-2006, 07:52 PM
Please be clear, we do not have an issue with modest, swimsuit pictures of families, wives, girlfriends on MC's or on vacation.
Jason

Had the thread remained in the spirit in which it was started, and most of us wanted, we would not have had a problem. It fell victim to a classic case of one upmanship. Those who did not have swimsuit pics of their significant other/s felt the need to grab a pic from wicked weasel and post it. Others felt that their pic of their girlfriend or wife would have either gotten them into the dog house or were not as proud as they should be of their lady and felt they needed to participate. Or, I found a thong over here look at it. We all know there is a venue for that type of thing and it is known as "the list". Now I am one who didn't mind the bootleg pics, as it saved me a click or two and I probably wouldn't have gone looking for myself.

Now as for the future - here is how it is going to roll. You will first begin to see a handful of selected moderators come to the scene. Provided they don't have to do a whole lot of moderating, we will all be fine and dandy.

How do I sign up for this job and how much does it pay?

ski_king
03-29-2006, 08:07 PM
The swim suit thread has 5068 posts, probobly about 100 good posts with photos of wifes and friends enjoying our boats.

JEREMY79
03-29-2006, 08:11 PM
:noface: . No "we are gonna shut you down" or anything. Just bam! No SS thread.

Can we still look at women on TV?

TMCNo1
03-29-2006, 09:33 PM

Apparently you have not read Post #37, or you just don't get it?

JEREMY79
03-29-2006, 09:50 PM
I got it. Unless because you are "#1" you got an email saying as of Wensday there will be no SS thread, you are in the dark like the rest of us. What I was saying is they didnt tell us they were going to do it. Just did it. Post # 37 is after the fact.

erkoehler
03-29-2006, 09:58 PM
I got it. Unless because you are "#1" you got an email saying as of Wensday there will be no SS thread, you are in the dark like the rest of us. What I was saying is they didnt tell us they were going to do it. Just did it. Post # 37 is after the fact.

We had been given many a warnings......what did you expect!

east tx skier
03-29-2006, 10:00 PM

About 30 some odd pages before the end, there was a long post from TMC setting out what basically could not be posted on there. Since then, there were a lot of posts that basically ignored that. But no, technically, we did not get the "pretty please with sugar on it cut it out" request.

As far as I know, this does not have any effect on my Cinemax subscription. :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
03-29-2006, 10:18 PM

I did not get an e-mail of any pending action of MC TTAdmin. The TTadmin post and the apparent e-mails [another thread] being sent, do make me realize this site is a priviledge, not a right and I will think twice before I put my use of this sight in jeopardy in my future Threads/Posts.

6ballsisall
03-29-2006, 10:21 PM
I guess it was just a matter of time, it did get out of hand on here. :rolleyes: I still think it was a conspiracy from the guys on the Malibu site. hmmmmm.........why do you think Rod still hangs out here? He was the informant!! :mad:

PendO
03-30-2006, 01:09 AM
We had been given many a warnings......what did you expect!

GAWD erk that is funny, funny, funny

SkiDog
03-30-2006, 09:37 AM
Harold, does this mean that WE can't post anything else about the museum-proshop-hall of fame,& outlet store!? :eek: :eek3:

TMCNo1
03-30-2006, 09:58 AM
I don't know, but the Museum may have a dark smelly room in the back with $5.00 video machines for those who miss the locked threads and insist on seeing them just one more time. But, they instead, could just donate the money to Spencer's Puppy and come to the Museum to see what MC has been and is really all about, buy some 303, Meguires wax, Star Brite Teak Oil Sealer/Preserver in the White Bottle, decals, a couple T-shirts and an MC towel or two! :D JMO

gene dobies
03-30-2006, 10:12 AM
The swimsuit thread is locked?

No more postings?

Sounds like a good thing

Ric
03-30-2006, 01:11 PM
Jason is holed up in TN, with all our swimsuit pics and hasn't been out of his office in 3 days! Grab the pitchforks and torches!!

Workin' 4 Toys
03-30-2006, 01:45 PM
I didn't notice anything.

east tx skier
03-30-2006, 02:27 PM
I didn't notice anything.

I honestly couldn't say either. I was more of a swimsuit thread lurker.

Maristar210
03-30-2006, 02:32 PM
GULP,

uuuum I hate to admit it but mine was over 1000 one day ago. :o

Steve

PendO
03-30-2006, 02:47 PM
GULP,

Steve

I think some of us lost "credit" for posts on the Hoosierdaddy thread.

SkiDog
03-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Dang! I was just gittin my battrees charged up fer sum great picture takin this weekend! Maybes we could start up a new ONE PIECE swimsuit tread! :woohoo:

Tom023
03-30-2006, 04:11 PM
The way I look at it, we give up a thread, but are getting a whole new website! How bad can that be? Any you won't have to worry about what is posted. This site gonna have a forum?

Workin' 4 Toys
03-30-2006, 04:18 PM
GULP,

Steve
1000 to 814, I'd say you are correct.......On the brighter side, I did not even notice.;)

jmyers
03-30-2006, 04:25 PM
GULP,

Steve
I think for every one you posted they took out two! Must be the exchange rate! :eek:

slink976
09-18-2006, 05:43 PM
I just posted to the SS thread

PendO
09-18-2006, 05:45 PM
I just posted to the SS thread

Ah man, this thread was about a DIFFERENT Swimsuit thread ... deleted before your join date :(

First it was locked, then deleted ... and some of us lost a few #'s in the post count game.

slink976
09-18-2006, 05:48 PM
ahhh great to be a newbie! I miss all the good shyt

Ric
09-18-2006, 05:50 PM
Sounds like a good thing Slink, YOU are the one that made mean gene leave aren't you?