PDA

View Full Version : Own New Orleans History

BrianM
03-29-2006, 01:19 PM
This was on the front page of our newpaper this morning. The New Orleans school district is trying to raise a little capital.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Orleans-Public-School-Bus_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6728QQitemZ46266998 85QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

LakePirate
03-29-2006, 01:25 PM
A Collector's Dream Come True....

What are you Collecting again?

TMCNo1
03-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Sick, Sick, Sick!

milkmania
03-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Historic Value = http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/BS-Meter.gif

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Uh, yea, let me get right on that :noface: What in the world are they thinkin??? thats ludicrous!! WHo would want that? and for them to market it as an icon of american history like it was George Washington's toe nail clippings or somthing.

Hey, its a crazy world, and I am a happy guy!

6ballsisall
03-29-2006, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't think an undamaged bus of that year and mileage would go for much more than what this one is going for now and it's a wreck!

Historical value???? C'mon! I don't see how one could consider a school bus that was drowned apart of american history.

east tx skier
03-29-2006, 02:29 PM
If it were a "short bus," I might be interested. I always liked the idea of having on on hand and threatening to drive my kids to school in it if their grades weren't up to par.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-29-2006, 03:11 PM
$5100.00 when I just looked......

Sodar
03-29-2006, 03:13 PM
If it were a "short bus," I might be interested. I always liked the idea of having on on hand and threatening to drive my kids to school in it if their grades weren't up to par.

That is a hilarious idea! LMAO!!

jrcarte78
03-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Old Chinese proverb say:

"One man's trash is another man's treasure" :rolleyes:

I'll probably see that thing on blocks in my neighbor's yard in about 3 weeks.

:eek:

atomicdawg
03-29-2006, 04:09 PM
does it come with a towing package? it would look good pulling a mastercraft.

TMCNo1
03-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Mayor Nagan must have a shipment of chocolate coming in and needs some cash since all the vanilla money has slowed down and his normal investers have moved out of town to the strawberry fields forever! :steering:

BrianM
03-29-2006, 05:05 PM
Mayor Nagan must have a shipment of chocolate coming in and needs some cash since all the vanilla money has slowed down and his normal investers have moved out of town to the strawberry fields forever! :steering:

Now that's funny! :uglyhamme

WakePowell
03-30-2006, 12:21 AM
I had the "wonderful" opportunity to spend Monday and Tuesday in New Orleans. One of the properties that I visited had numerous "salvage" boats from Hurricane Katrina. Here is a Mastercraft that would look great behind the bus.

BrianM
03-30-2006, 08:24 AM
I had the "wonderful" opportunity to spend Monday and Tuesday in New Orleans. One of the properties that I visited had numerous "salvage" boats from Hurricane Katrina. Here is a Mastercraft that would look great behind the bus.

Should have shot me a PM to let me know you were coming. Could have skied a set or two or at least drank a few beers.

WakePowell
03-30-2006, 09:49 PM
I was in Mandeville. In fact that is where the Mastercraft is located. It was incredible to see all of the damage that was done in the area especially New Orleans.

I was also fortunate enough to get caught in the five alarm fire in the French Quarter that forced evacuation of my hotel at 3 AM Monday night.

BrianM
03-31-2006, 09:52 AM
I was in Mandeville. In fact that is where the Mastercraft is located. It was incredible to see all of the damage that was done in the area especially New Orleans.

I was also fortunate enough to get caught in the five alarm fire in the French Quarter that forced evacuation of my hotel at 3 AM Monday night.

I walked around that boat yard just to look at boats a couple of months ago. At the time no MC. I live about 3 miles from that site.

Sorry you got evacuated the other night. We were luck they reigned that one in as quickly as they did.