PDA

View Full Version : Cartpet Replacement

stumbledog
03-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Does anyone have pics of their carpet replacement project?

ssippiriverrat
04-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Does anyone have pics of their carpet replacement project?

I would like to see some as well, also does anyone know of a place to buy some good high end carpet?--this is on my spring to do list--and I must say, Damn--it feels good to be back!!

east tx skier
04-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Brad has his done in his 87. So not so much of a project as an expense. No idea on the source. The only marine carpet I've ever had to buy is for the trailer bunks. You can get that stuff at Lowe's. It's called olefin.

dichdoc
04-04-2006, 07:50 PM
I've got a few more weeks before I'm at putting carpet back in but I will post pics. I ordered my carpet and glue from Overton's it's 20 oz I'm not sure how high end that is. They'll send you samples of all the carpet they stock for free. I think it was around 6-9 bucks a foot (6 or 8 feet wide) TB

dog paw
04-04-2006, 08:18 PM
I replaced the carpet in my 84SS a few years back filled all the screw holes and redrilled to make everything snug again also. I thought is was more of a pain than a expense LOL! getting all the old glue up was fun.... I used the Overtons carpet The burgandy was a "almost" match at the time. My boat does not see anywhere near the use that it used to and I can safely say the Overtons carpet is not going to hold up like the original. But like you say your sorta stuck with whats available.