PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in central NJ or eastern PA?

Jerseydave
07-29-2004, 09:24 PM
I am looking to get back into skiing after about 5 years of not skiing.
I used to own a 1994 prostar 190. Now with a larger family, I think the 230 v-drive would fit the bill.
Would like to hear any opinions of owners of this boat.
Also, anyone skiing in my area?

I used to be a member of the Port Indian ski club in Norristown, PA. Great bunch of people there, as I recall.

By the way, nice site!

Dave

BUSSTUFJ
08-02-2004, 07:20 PM
:dance: We live in Orefield, PA ( near Allentown) and ski with a couple of families from Bucks County. I have a 03 X star that is a nice boat, my buddy has an 03 Malibu wakesetter.

All of the v dirves are nice boats with the hard core X star a bog wake boat for wakeboarding or hdrofoiling like I to do.

We ski locally at Beltsville and Blue Marsh - kind of maniacal on thwe weekends. Whenever we can we travle to Raystown or out of state. I have not been to Port Indian in years, No real ski clubs south of the Poconos except for Black rock and that place is too shallow for my boat. If you get to Allentown write me and I will give you a pull on the boat.

Jerseydave
08-03-2004, 06:16 PM
Buss,

I've been to Blue Marsh and Beltzville. The latter has too many stupid rules about skiing in one circular direction. (the rollers never go away)
Like you said, Blue Marsh is nice during the week, as is most bodies of water.
Raystown is great. We're going there over Labor Day weekend, staying at the raystown lodge. Still got my big 30 foot perf. boat, but hoping to get back into a MC before too long.

Thanks for the offer on a pull. I'll have to take you up on it sometime.

tall_ andy
08-07-2004, 01:22 PM
I've been putting in at the Lambertville boat launch. Delaware is pretty high this year, although the run is short (between rt 29 and rt 202 bridges) still get some good slalom in.
I'm going to check out Budd Lake soon too which is up in North Jersey

Jerseydave
08-08-2004, 08:08 AM
Wow, small world. I use to be a member of the boat club there in Lambertville years ago when I had my jet boat.
What kind of boat are you running there? Are there still fast outboards getting in the way when your trying to ski?
You might want to try Bull's Island, just north of Stockton, NJ. Nice run there too and fewer boats around to deal with.

Jerseydave
08-08-2004, 08:12 AM
Oops, I see you have a 88 prostar. Nice boat!
What town are you in central NJ? I'm in Pennington.
If you need a ski partner, let me know. I slalom and barefoot.

tall_ andy
08-09-2004, 05:15 PM
I'm in Bridgewater(near somerville)
I've been looking for better places to take the boat to get some runs in. Would like to find a place that I could leave the boat for the summer.
Lambertville isn't too bad with other boats, Just the crew boats during the week, I try to give them as much room as possible.
We have a short run basically from the rt 29 bridge about 3/4 way to the 202 bridge due to water depth.
Do you have any more info on the Stockton ramps
Thanks
Andy

Jerseydave
08-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Andy,

I stopped at the Lambertville ramp on sunday, didn't see you though. Lots of jet skis around there then.

We use to ski at Bulls Island. A little deeper water than Lambertville and less boats. You just have to know where it gets shallow. If you want I can meet you sometime and show you where to go. It's about 3-4 miles north of the Stockton bridge. You cannot boat near Stockton, WAY TOO SHALLOW! Don't try it.

Do you ever ski during the week or on weekends? Saturday morning is usually good. I also have fridays off.

How far are you from Lake Hopatcong? That might be a good spot during the week or early mornings too. It's been many years, but I know not to go there on the weekends. Way too crowded. Like someone said it's like RT 78 with no lanes!

Keep in touch.

Dave

Jerseydave
09-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Any more skiers from this area?

Chime in :D

tall_ andy
09-11-2004, 09:41 PM
Dave,
I went up to Budd Lake today and decided to get a slip for the rest of the season. It's about the same drive for me, but I don't have to tow the boat and they have a course set up on the lake!!
I'll post the results of my attacking the course on another thread, but I'm am going to try and get out Tues, Wed or Thurs depending on work. I know next sat is out for me but possibly Sunday I'll keep you posted

Jerseydave
09-12-2004, 11:15 AM
Andy,

That's great! Too bad it's sept already.
Let me know about next weekend (sunday) I might be able to scoot up there for a couple of hours.

Dave

dmayer84
10-23-2006, 06:15 PM
How much does it run for a slip on Budd Lake? During the week Ive seen it empty and usually flat. Lookin for someplace to go skiing\boarding during the week and I would like to ski a course, have done it a few times and I like the challenge.

Jerseydave
10-27-2006, 03:27 PM
dmayer84,

Not sure what Andy was paying for a slip.......under $1000/year I think.

Are you looking to ski weeknights, or do you have a day off during the week? I take fridays off in the summer. I may do some tuesday nights going out of Bordentown on the river. A bit of a drive for you, but you're welcome to come along.

Doug G
10-27-2006, 08:07 PM
:dance: We live in Orefield, PA ( near Allentown) and ski with a couple of families from Bucks County. I have a 03 X star that is a nice boat, my buddy has an 03 Malibu wakesetter.

All of the v dirves are nice boats with the hard core X star a bog wake boat for wakeboarding or hdrofoiling like I to do.

We ski locally at Beltsville and Blue Marsh - kind of maniacal on thwe weekends. Whenever we can we travle to Raystown or out of state. I have not been to Port Indian in years, No real ski clubs south of the Poconos except for Black rock and that place is too shallow for my boat. If you get to Allentown write me and I will give you a pull on the boat.

Hey Bus .. Fogelsville here ... we keep the boat in a slip @ Wallenpaupck , trailer to Blue Marsh after pulling from the slip and used to trailer the old boat to Blue Marsh. Nice Rides! What dealer do you use?

Doug G
10-27-2006, 08:07 PM

Hey Bus .. Fogelsville here ... we keep the boat in a slip @ Wallenpaupck , trailer to Blue Marsh after pulling from the slip and used to trailer the old boat to Blue Marsh. Nice Rides! What dealer do you use?