PDA

View Full Version : Hey Erk, get that thing fixed...

Rockman
03-24-2006, 11:32 PM
...hope that boot disks works. May be more than a 3 JD & Coke project. :D

bcampbe7
03-24-2006, 11:34 PM
...hope that boot disks works. May be more than a 3 JD & Coke project. :D

Does erk have PC problems?

tex
03-24-2006, 11:37 PM
Erk..i hear that the little blue pill will fix a problem with your thing....I mean...that's what I've heard.

Hoosier Bob
03-24-2006, 11:38 PM
Speaking for Erk, Thanks Tex but I believe we are talking major reconstructive surgery! Ain't no pill gonna cure what's ailin' Erk! Relax we will have the donor sedated shortly! ;)

erkoehler
03-24-2006, 11:40 PM
My computer isn't broken....and I have "0" boot issues to date :D

Hoosier Bob
03-24-2006, 11:44 PM
So it must be a hard drive issue? If so maybe Tex can help!

erkoehler
03-24-2006, 11:48 PM
It seems that Rockman jacked the computer that I gave him.....only took a couple weeks too!!!!

erkoehler
03-24-2006, 11:49 PM
He gets a fatal .dll error and I can't seem to even get the comp to boot to DOS :rolleyes: .....I mean, who even uses DOS anymore :mad:

Rockman
03-24-2006, 11:51 PM
It seems that Rockman jacked the computer that I gave him.....only took a couple weeks too!!!!

Sorry...trying to upload pics to the Swimsuit thread.

erkoehler
03-24-2006, 11:53 PM
I told you to watch for the virus's in those nudie files!!!

Leroy
03-25-2006, 07:48 AM
Without protection that is almost a given these days! I'm battling WinFixer....can't seem to get rid of it or when I do it still comes back. I think they store IP addresses.

Good luck fixing it up again! Can you get safe mode? You have to be able to get the set up screen.

TMCNo1
03-25-2006, 09:37 AM
Without protection that is almost a given these days! I'm battling WinFixer....can't seem to get rid of it or when I do it still comes back. I think they store IP addresses.

Good luck fixing it up again! Can you get safe mode? You have to be able to get the set up screen.

Yea, I know what you are talking about PROTECTION! When I'm on here I practice "SAFE KEYING", by wearing finger rubbers while typing! Don't want to catch any of them there CTD's [computer transmitted diseases]! :eek: :eek: :eek:

ski_king
03-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Yea, I know what you are talking about PROTECTION! When I'm on here I practice "SAFE KEYING", by wearing finger rubbers while typing! Don't want to catch any of them there CTD's [computer transmitted diseases]! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Have you been sniffing your teak oil again?

TMCNo1
03-25-2006, 10:06 AM
Have you been sniffing your teak oil again?

I've got an IV drip with the little insulin type pump. I can bolice a extra dose of "StarBrite Teak Oil Sealer/Preserver" in the White bottle if needed for special effect, like when I come on here!

That why I'm known as "Mad Harry Kidd" arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :banana: :eek: :dance:

bcampbe7
03-25-2006, 11:24 AM

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/winfixer.html

Leroy
03-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks Beau!

I think those CTD's already have you TMC#1!
Are you a CB radio good buddy also?

TMCNo1
03-25-2006, 04:41 PM
Thanks Beau!

I think those CTD's already have you TMC#1!
Are you a CB radio good buddy also?

Back in the day, I was, but now I just run my old reliable tuned up 13 watt 30 year old Kraco in the van while towing the boat long distances to listen to the truckers for smokeys and traffic updates that the tele and radio won't provide. If traveling with someone who has one, it really saves cell mins. and passes the time away, while on the road. I can't stand to just pick my nose for 5 to 13 hours without something to do. Tried knitting on one trip, but the spouses snooring caused me to miss too many stiches and the needles kept getting hung in the spokes of the steering wheel! :eek: :confused: 8p

Workin' 4 Toys
03-25-2006, 09:42 PM
Yea, I know what you are talking about PROTECTION! When I'm on here I practice "SAFE KEYING", by wearing finger rubbers while typing! Don't want to catch any of them there CTD's [computer transmitted diseases]! :eek: :eek: :eek:You must be using one of those "network" workstations around the office. Ever look under the keys of those things.... NASTY!!!

jimmer2880
03-26-2006, 10:57 AM
I have a WinPE boot disk. It will boot the system into a stripped down "Windows XP" in full 32 bit support. Good for pulling files off the system before a re-build, etc. It can also be used to run a virus-scan & scandisk (to check for bad sectors).

If you want - I can mail it to you.

You can easily build your own though. Google "Barts Boot Disk".

Leroy
03-26-2006, 11:17 AM
:uglyhamme

I really look forward to the pleasure of meeting you someday!

Back in the day, I was, but now I just run my old reliable tuned up 13 watt 30 year old Kraco in the van while towing the boat long distances to listen to the truckers for smokeys and traffic updates that the tele and radio won't provide. If traveling with someone who has one, it really saves cell mins. and passes the time away, while on the road. I can't stand to just pick my nose for 5 to 13 hours without something to do. Tried knitting on one trip, but the spouses snooring caused me to miss too many stiches and the needles kept getting hung in the spokes of the steering wheel! :eek: :confused: 8p

TMCNo1
03-26-2006, 03:04 PM
:uglyhamme

I really look forward to the pleasure of meeting you someday!

Try to make the trip :steering: to the 40th Anniversary Homecoming and Reunion sometime in 2007 at the factory in Vonore, you will immediately recognize me, I'll be the big ole DA 8p there! Look forward to meeting you too!............Later! :eek: