PDA

View Full Version : The official Smokey and the Bandit POLL!!!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-22-2006, 09:44 AM
ALright, I know you all wanted this, so I am delivering it. Its time for another of UMP's polls, and what better topic could there be than the cinematic masterpiece "Smokey and the Bandit". Since we have had such a major interest in that movie here lately, Its only right we have a poll about it.

So as Snowman said, "Talk to me my boy"

east tx skier
03-22-2006, 10:17 AM
I gotta go with the Jerry Reed answer.

Cloaked
03-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Double posted thread.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=7844

03-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Double posted thread.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=7844

I know sporty, but I couldnt post a poll in my nonsense thread, so I had to creat a separate one for the poll. All other nonsense will be posted in the given thread. But polls will need separate threads. HB said I could, so its OK! :D Besides, smokey and the bandit deserves its own thread!!!

03-22-2006, 10:22 AM
I gotta go with the Jerry Reed answer.

Way to go eastie!!! Thanks for votin!

I just know HB will choose #4 :D

richardsoncd
03-22-2006, 10:31 AM
"For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun . . . mostly for the money." Bandit

Ron Grover
03-22-2006, 10:55 AM
"There is no way you could be from my loins, when we git home I'm gonna punch yur mama right in the mouth." Sherriff Buford T. Justice

LakePirate
03-22-2006, 11:00 AM
I just read the thread name and started laughing.:purplaugh

03-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Looks like Hacker and Lakey are gonna be my campaign managers when I run for office. :D Whats my campaign slogan gonna be??

LakePirate
03-22-2006, 11:09 AM
UMP for Corrrrrrronerrrrrrrrr

03-22-2006, 11:11 AM
UMP for Corrrrrrronerrrrrrrrr
Oooo, that has a nice ring to it Lakey! :steering:

hacker
03-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Sheriff Branford: The fact that you are a sheriff is not germane to the situation.

Buford T. Justice: The g'd damn Germans got nothin' to do with it.

This one always cracks me up!

tex
03-22-2006, 11:35 AM
Can I vote for Hooper?

03-22-2006, 11:40 AM
Can I vote for Hooper?

NOt yet Tex, give it some time Bro, WE will have a poll dedicated entirely to Hooper in the future!!! :woohoo:

Hooper Rules!! Gotta love the scene where he's driving in reverse downt he highway to the bar.

Maristar210
03-22-2006, 11:49 AM
I voted run for office. You have a line of BS that is perfectly suited for it !!! :wavey: :wavey:

Steve

6ballsisall
03-22-2006, 11:52 AM
"but daddy"

"not now you scumbum! We is in hot pursuit of that bandit!"

oldschool84
03-22-2006, 11:53 AM
You got my vote man, THINK SPRING

03-22-2006, 12:04 PM
I voted run for office. You have a line of BS that is perfectly suited for it !!!

Steve

And you havent even seen me get started yet Mari!! :toast: I can really be a silver tongue devil when I wanna be. I could sell a drowning man a glass of water. ;) I have been told by many I should be in the entertainment industry. In my senior year in high school I was voted most likely to become a TV game show host. That is my dream in life.... ;)

LakePirate
03-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Maybe you could be the MC at the local shoe show

Guys, it's your last chance for Tammy
Up next on the main stage, Diamond, Diamond on the main stage.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-22-2006, 12:17 PM
I couldn't vote, no valid choices, you have burned me out on it now....:o

I am now going to rent Better off dead. After all, it has a better main character, "the car:D "

Maristar210
03-22-2006, 12:21 PM
And you havent even seen me get started yet Mari!! :toast: I can really be a silver tongue devil when I wanna be. I could sell a drowning man a glass of water. ;) I have been told by many I should be in the entertainment industry. In my senior year in high school I was voted most likely to become a TV game show host. That is my dream in life.... ;)

Oh jeez I've boosted his position.

My old boss, who is old, used to say: (In a Texas drawl)

I love him, you know why?
Cause that MF er could sell ice to an eskimo, thats why.

Steve

03-22-2006, 12:23 PM
I couldn't vote, no valid choices, you have burned me out on it now....:o

I am now going to rent Better off dead. After all, it has a better main character, "the car:D "

:eek: Thats blashphemy!! ;) There is NO car cooler than the Bandit's ride! Line em all up: KITT, The General Lee, the A TEAM van, The Fall Guy's truck, the Starsky & Hutch Torino, Crocketts Daytona Spyder and Testarossa, The bat mobile, none are in the same league as the bandit car

The only one even close was the 58 Plymouth Fury from "Christine" that car ruled cause it was evil, and because it would save on car insurance cuase it could fix itself.

LakePirate
03-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Easy there UMP, I love the Bandit but you are putting it up against the General, not so sure you can do that.

And the Fall Guy's Truck Rules!

Workin' 4 Toys
03-22-2006, 12:40 PM
:eek: Thats blashphemy!! ;) There is NO car cooler than the Bandit's ride! Line em all up: KITT, The General Lee, the A TEAM van, The Fall Guy's truck, the Starsky & Hutch Torino, Crocketts Daytona Spyder and Testarossa, The bat mobile, none are in the same league as the bandit car

The only one even close was the 58 Plymouth Fury from "Christine" that car ruled cause it was evil, and because it would save on car insurance cuase it could fix itself.
Now, are we getting into sitcoms or movies. Listed above are sitcoms, YOUR #1 is movie. Which ballpark are we playing in and we can play this game... GAME ON!!!

Workin' 4 Toys
03-22-2006, 01:14 PM
none are in the same league as the bandit car
Your favorite... It's a nice car. I do like it, had a '78 myself.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-22-2006, 01:16 PM
KITT, One to compare to...So so

Workin' 4 Toys
03-22-2006, 01:18 PM
The Fall Guy's truck, .Not a fair comparison but fun..

Workin' 4 Toys
03-22-2006, 01:27 PM
:eek: Thats blashphemy!! ;) There is NO car cooler than the Bandit's ride!
Yes there is......

03-22-2006, 01:37 PM
That car was cool man. I love the scene there where they race the to oriental howard Kocel wannabees!! :D Funny

Its just blasphemy cuz this is the Bandit thread! :headbang:

oldschool84
03-22-2006, 01:39 PM
EVEN Has MASTERCRAFT TIRES COOL :headbang:

erkoehler
03-22-2006, 01:44 PM
I'd rather watch the info mercial!!!

03-22-2006, 01:44 PM

Ya know, someday I am gonna own one of those!! :steering: I mean it! The woman that is gonna be my wife(or may be my wife at the time I finally get one) is probably gonna kick me in the ****

03-22-2006, 01:45 PM

Oh Erk, quit bein a negative ninny and come to the dark side!!! ;)

SMOKEY RULES!!!!!

PendO
03-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Oh Erk, quit bein a negative ninny and come to the dark side!!! ;)

SMOKEY RULES!!!!!

It wouldn't be dark if you were tokin' it up!

03-22-2006, 02:12 PM
It wouldn't be dark if you were tokin' it up!

Hey Pendo!! bout time you made an appearance here. You need to get over on the "UMP's nonsense thread" its a happenin' place...... :D

redmike
03-22-2006, 03:12 PM
ok, the T/A os cool, the general lee rocked, but what about the mulners coupe in american graffiti?????that is THE one for me......

03-22-2006, 03:35 PM
ok, the T/A os cool, the general lee rocked, but what about the mulners coupe in american graffiti?????that is THE one for me......

Harrison Ford's classic line: "I'm lookin for some punk named Melner in a pi** yellow doosh coupe!"

redmike
03-22-2006, 03:37 PM
yeah, that was a classic!!!!

jmac197
03-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Only the original Smokey...I hate sequels

03-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Only the original Smokey...I hate sequels

What? :eek: You mean you dont think its funny packing a pregnant elephant and Dom Deluise in the back of an 18 wheeler and racing across the country? or stealing a plastic shark off a trans am and strapping on top of a police car and racing across the country funny? ;)

Ric
03-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Can I vote for Hooper?
The guy who was Arliss in the hbo series and was the asst coach in bull durham (robert somethingoranother), he did a stand up wayyyyy back when, where he ranked "bad burt movies". Too funny.

03-22-2006, 04:27 PM
The guy who was Arliss in the hbo series and was the asst coach in bull durham (robert somethingoranother), he did a stand up wayyyyy back when, where he ranked "bad burt movies". Too funny.

That Was Robert Wuhl. I remeber that little tidbit on COmedy central about 15 years ago. The bad burt movies thing......hilarious...... :D

atlfootr
03-22-2006, 04:50 PM
South Bounder Theme ... :steering:
Smokey and the Bandit :toast:

1977 was the year for one of the greatest action comedies of all time.

Starring the fabulous 1977 Pontiac Firebird and co-starring Burt Reynolds, Jackie Gleason, and Sally Fields.

The plot was simple but perfect for it's time, driving to get some Coors beer on a bet within a timelimit. Burt makes the run along with his truck-driving side-kick Jerry Reed across 55 MPH speedlimit America. No better or more timely hero could have come onto American movie screens.

We all hated the 55 MPH limits and Burt showed Washington that a hero could arise and beat the system. God Save America!

The bad guy (Jackie Gleason) Sheriff Buford T. Justice chased Burt and friends across the south with all his 55 MPH enforcing state police brothers. Only to be foiled by the 77 Pontiac Firebird and Burt, with a little help from his friends.

Burt's double and Second Unit Director for this film was the great Alan Gibbs. Alan founded the International Stunt Association in Hollywood and started a generation of new stuntmen in Hollywood.

Stuntrev salutes this modern day classic, and it's message of
Hot Rodding for freedom. Smokey and the Bandit sent a clear message to Washington. "Repeal the 55 MPH!" and today we live in a free nation again.

Long live the Bandit! :banana: :banana:

milkmania
03-22-2006, 05:40 PM

stay out of it!:rant:
you probably weren't even born when Smokey & The Bandit came out!!!!!

milkmania
03-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Long live the Bandit! :banana: :banana:

"I can drive any forkin' thing"

03-22-2006, 06:21 PM
"Hold up on that carwash gentlemen!"

http://www.sawthat.com/images/sheriff.jpg

Workin' 4 Toys
03-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Ya know, someday I am gonna own one of those!! :steering: I mean it! The woman that is gonna be my wife(or may be my wife at the time I finally get one) is probably gonna kick me in the ****
Y82 T/A...... (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977-Pontiac-Trans-Am-SE-Black-Hurst-T-Tops-Y82-77_W0QQitemZ4624572747QQcategoryZ6427QQssPageNameZ WDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Rockman
03-22-2006, 06:44 PM
"When I get home, I'm gonna punch your momma in the mouth."

03-22-2006, 07:07 PM
Y82 T/A...... (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977-Pontiac-Trans-Am-SE-Black-Hurst-T-Tops-Y82-77_W0QQitemZ4624572747QQcategoryZ6427QQssPageNameZ WDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

$16,000......... :eek3: W T F??? who owned it? the pope?? How can that be worth that kinda coin??? :rant: THats NUTS!!!!

Thanks for finding it! I am gonna have to win the lotto!

Workin' 4 Toys
03-22-2006, 07:16 PM
$16,000......... :eek3: W T F??? who owned it? the pope?? How can that be worth that kinda coin??? :rant: THats NUTS!!!!

Thanks for finding it! I am gonna have to win the lotto!
Thats just the beginning, they are on there often. Not that I have been shopping for one...:rolleyes:
There was one not that long ago that had less than 100 DOCUMENTED miles on it. Every mile was documented from day one. The selling price was outrageous, but hey, someone gets to trailer around a nice car..
If you buy the "so called" Bandit version, you will pay a premium. There was no "Bandit' version. As you can see from that ad, they list all the different models and packages. For a nice T/A of that era, you will pay a premium. Figure double or triple that by the time you are ready.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Since you are so into these movies. What year T/A's were in which movies. I know movie 1 had the '77 with the 6.6. But what were the others, do you know?

NeilM
03-22-2006, 08:28 PM
:guitar: I gotta go with the Jerry Reed answer.
me too...

03-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Since you are so into these movies. What year T/A's were in which movies. I know movie 1 had the '77 with the 6.6. But what were the others, do you know?

I am assuming that episode II had a 79, but Ep III had one of those butt ugly knightrider T/A's :eek: YUCK!!! I have no idea of the year cuz it doesnt matter from that era..... :uglyhamme

03-23-2006, 10:53 AM
From memory:

(movie intro song)

You heard the legend of Jesse James, and John Henry just to mention some names.
Theres a truck drivin legend in the south today, a man called Bandit from Atlanta G-A
Every gear Jammer knows his name, they swear he's got Ice water runnin in his veins.
WIth a foot like lead, and nerves like steel, he's goin up to glory drivin 18 wheels.

OK, lets test your memory WHO CAN RECITE THE 2ND VERSE?????

:confused: Come on and impress the UMP

Workin' 4 Toys
03-23-2006, 02:20 PM
I am assuming that episode II had a 79, but Ep III had one of those butt ugly knightrider T/A's :eek: YUCK!!! I have no idea of the year cuz it doesnt matter from that era..... :uglyhamme
And the '79 would mean it had a 4.9L correct?
If I recall it did not have the "shaker" hood in the 2nd one. It had the scope off to one side.

03-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Hmmmm....you got me there dude. I dont know. I only have EP I on DVD so I cant tell you.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-23-2006, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't mind having the car that made the "actual" sound effects for those movies too.... I mean with all the fake burnouts and such... I wonder what the stand-in car was.

03-23-2006, 03:47 PM
I was talking to my coworkers at lunch today(all auto mechanics) and one said his dad had a Bandit T/A and he said it was a DOG. His words were"it didnt have enough power to get out of its own way". Another said he read about them and it said those cars had Approx 250 HP and it was only "fast" because of all the other stuff on the market in the late 70's after the emissions stuff and gas cruch brought on the K cars and such. I guess the true muscle cars from back in the day would have ate those Bandit cars for lunch. (like that camaro from better off dead). Those bandit cars are still cool though.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-23-2006, 03:54 PM
I was talking to my coworkers at lunch today(all auto mechanics) and one said his dad had a Bandit T/A and he said it was a DOG. His words were"it didnt have enough power to get out of its own way". Another said he read about them and it said those cars had Approx 250 HP and it was only "fast" because of all the other stuff on the market in the late 70's after the emissions stuff and gas cruch brought on the K cars and such. I guess the true muscle cars from back in the day would have ate those Bandit cars for lunch. (like that camaro from better off dead). Those bandit cars are still cool though.
I'd guess more towards the 275 maybe. Mine was no slouch, but no where near the power of my 69 GTO in stock form. Both were auto trannys, unfortunetly my T/A had posi and my GTO didn't:( . So doing doughnuts all day long in the T/A was easy.
They shouldn't compare a 60's car to a late 70's/80's car.
If I recall, I think gas was about $0.50 a gallon at the time of my T/A, I was worried about Tires every other month...:D It took 2!!!

captkidd
03-23-2006, 04:25 PM
I was 17 when the movie came out. My girlfriend and her sister went to see it, and she came back and told me that I had to see it. I thought it was the greatest movie ever (I was 17). I remember seeing a new 1977 black T/A on a dealer's lot right afterward, and it had the full package (seems like they called it a limited edition or something back then). The sticker was around $7500-8000. My cousin had a plain white version, and it would definitely get out of its own way. I don't think he ever left a stoplight without spinning the tires. Of course this was during the same era as the Mustang II and 6-cylinder Camaros, so anything that would spin was considered fast.

I still like the movie, but thank goodness for the TV version. My 4-year old son, who rarely sits still for anything, crawled up in my lap and watched the entire movie on CMT the other night. Of course it's poorly acted and there are mistakes all through the movie (notice Sheriff Justice's gunbelt disappearing when he first encounters the car strippers, and notice the disappearing rear view mirror in the T/A), but who cares, it was a fun movie.

If I ever get the chance, I will own a 1977 "Bandit" T/A. There have been a few on eBay from somewhere in FLA that does a full restoration. They tend to go for over $20K.

Ron Grover
03-23-2006, 04:58 PM
If you really want to have seen something funny you should have seen my wife when I came home one day with the Smokey DVD.

I told her in my most excited kid voice, "Look what I got!!!!!!!"

The look on her face was priceless and I have no idea how she said "Oh Gawd" and drug it out for so long. Turned on her heel and walked out of the kitchen.

All you guys know seeing the wife that exasperated was well worth the $14.99 DVD :D

03-23-2006, 05:08 PM
Ron,

I got my Smokey DVD as a gift from my girlfriend for my Birthday!!! I was sooo stoked!! She couldnt believe how excited I was. Her and my Mom just kinda looked at each other and gave each other that look. :uglyhamme

SKI*MC
03-23-2006, 05:28 PM
hey UMP, i just signed on and saw this thread. I think you need some heavy medication, or you need to fly south for the winter from now on.

Your Concerned Friend,

SKI*MC

03-23-2006, 05:30 PM
hey UMP, i just signed on and saw this thread. I think you need some heavy medication, or you need to fly south for the winter from now on.

Your Concerned Friend,

SKI*MC

I need something, just dont know what. WInter is gettin to me. I need a break in the weather. THanks for the concern man :) Hopefully I will make it till spring, the weather should break anytime now......SHOULD being the key word.

SKI*MC
03-23-2006, 05:40 PM
I need something, just dont know what. WInter is gettin to me.

I think i know what you need. HELP! :(

03-23-2006, 08:22 PM
I think i know what you need. HELP! :(

What kind of help? :confused: Psychological? what do you think man? heavy sedation? Im not into drugs, so that aint an option. Im trying yoga to calm my mind. :( I am open to options......

PendO
03-23-2006, 08:24 PM
I think i know what you need. :(

03-23-2006, 08:26 PM

Alright Chong, I get the hint! ;) :purplaugh

SKI*MC
03-23-2006, 08:28 PM
a heavily padded room will do just fine.

03-23-2006, 08:31 PM
You aint gonna send me to the Loony bin are you? :rant: Just cuz I like Smokey and the Bandit!!!! ;)

André
03-23-2006, 08:35 PM
You aint gonna send me to the Loony bin are you?
No. To Poll land... :D
You'll love it there...

03-23-2006, 08:36 PM
No. To Poll land... :D
You'll love it there...

You mean thats what Poland is all about Andre??? :eek: Too Cool!!

milkmania
03-23-2006, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't mind having the car that made the "actual" sound effects for those movies too.... I mean with all the fake burnouts and such... I wonder what the stand-in car was.

I remember racing one of the 6.6 liters with my 69 nova....

his third gear rubber was longer than my first gear:(

milkmania
03-23-2006, 08:58 PM
From memory:

(movie intro song)

You heard the legend of Jesse James, and John Henry just to mention some names.
Theres a truck drivin legend in the south today, a man called Bandit from Atlanta G-A
Every gear Jammer knows his name, they swear he's got Ice water runnin in his veins.
WIth a foot like lead, and nerves like steel, he's goin up to glory drivin 18 wheels.

OK, lets test your memory WHO CAN RECITE THE 2ND VERSE?????

:confused: Come on and impress the UMP

wasn't it along the lines of:

we got a long way to go short time to get there, we're east bound and down, loaded up and truckin....
watch ol' bandit run

edit: google says I am wrong:(

legend lyrics (http://www.lyricsdownload.com/jerry-reed-the-legend-lyrics.html)

flipper
03-23-2006, 09:00 PM
I always have liked those movies.

03-23-2006, 09:06 PM
wasn't it along the lines of:

we got a long way to go short time to get there, we're east bound and down, loaded up and truckin....
watch ol' bandit run

edit: google says I am wrong:(

legend lyrics (http://www.lyricsdownload.com/jerry-reed-the-legend-lyrics.html)

Thats the other song Milk. Im talkin bout the one in the very beginning where they are runnig the credits.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-24-2006, 12:41 AM
If you really want to have seen something funny you should have seen my wife when I came home one day with the Smokey DVD.

I told her in my most excited kid voice, "Look what I got!!!!!!!"

The look on her face was priceless and I have no idea how she said "Oh Gawd" and drug it out for so long. Turned on her heel and walked out of the kitchen.

All you guys know seeing the wife that exasperated was well worth the $14.99 DVD :DLove that story, and yes, I can see it!!!!

03-25-2006, 01:29 PM
YOu guys are NEVER gonna believe this!!! I just looked at my Smokey and the Bandit DVD, and its the "Pursuit Pack" and includes ALL 3 :eek: , yes! ALL 3 episodes!!!! :banana: THis is amazing! I think I may watch Ep 2 tonite! thats the one with the elephant & Dom Deluise in the back of the semi. this is gonna rule!!! How lucky am I?? Are you guys stoked or what?

SKI*MC
03-25-2006, 01:39 PM
yeah... thats great UMP you have a good time tonight!.... :noface:

JEREMY79
03-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Hey UMP, stoked for ya! I have the same thing.

The song at the begining of the movie is pretty cool.

"Truck driving legend in the South today. Man called Bandit from Atlanta, GA."

ski_king
03-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Eastbound and Down (http://www.r2krecords.com/east.mp3)
then click open

06-07-2006, 11:37 PM
OK, as promised we are trying to get things moving here in regards to a recent bad event here. good times are ahead people. SO lets talk about SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT!!!! :woohoo: :D :D

who's first???

07-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Ah yes, just when you thought it was safe to go back in the theater, BAM!! the ol smokey and the bandit shark strikes again!!! :woohoo: Figured it was time to drag this thread out and dust it off again!

Can I get a big Ten-Four on that good buddy??:D

SkiDog
07-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Ah yes, just when you thought it was safe to go back in the theater, BAM!! the ol smokey and the bandit shark strikes again!!! :woohoo: Figured it was time to drag this thread out and dust it off again!

Can I get a big Ten-Four on that good buddy??:D

Daddy, Can we stay & watch the game, huh, Daddy?!?!

07-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Daddy, Can we stay & watch the game, huh, Daddy?!?!
"you stay and watch da game, I'm goin' BACK!":cool:

Awesome!!! way to go Dog!!!:D

SkiDog
07-28-2006, 04:36 PM
When we git home, I'm gonna slap your mama!

rcnjson
07-28-2006, 05:00 PM
"get me a Diablo sandwich and make it snappy... I'm a gawd dam hurry!"

07-28-2006, 05:01 PM
"get me a Diablo sandwich and make it snappy... I'm a gawd dam hurry!"
YOu forgot the Dr. Pepper!:D

rcnjson
07-28-2006, 05:08 PM
YOu forgot the Dr. Pepper!:D
10 points. I have a friend who went as the Bandit for halloween 2 years ago. It was great, he grew the 'stash, had the T-shirt with the screaming chicken on it... Some people got it some didn't. I went as MR.T this past year, hair cut and all, some people didn't get that either. Some people's children.
k

08-31-2006, 09:25 PM
Here is a BIG "Ten Four" to Monte72 and SD190EVO for their AWESOME avatars!:D you guys rule!!!!! Lets see who's got the nards to find a big and little Enos Budette pic and make it their avatar! That will show us who the TRUE Smokey fans are! Come on! somebody can do it! Lets see what kinda smokey fans we got here!:toast:

08-31-2006, 09:33 PM
Oh yea, someone got to get a Junior pic for an avatar, and Fred the bassett hound. Sally field for too!

This rules!!!:D

08-31-2006, 09:37 PM
OK, SMokey trivia question:

What is Snoman's character name in the movie? and what is his wife's name in the movie?:confused: :confused:

NO CHEATING!! no looking it up on the internet! memory only!:D

Leroy
08-31-2006, 09:43 PM
I don't have a clue? I think it has been since 1977 since I saw this movie. I'm going to have to watch it again (or 20 times) so I'm not left out here.

tex
08-31-2006, 09:48 PM
which smoky movie is this from?

tex
08-31-2006, 09:52 PM
................................................I was trying to post the cosmo pic of Burt. It would not let me post it due to size....maybe it was telling us something/

08-31-2006, 09:55 PM
which smoky movie is this from?
It was from the first movie.

NO pics here of burt!

BrianM
08-31-2006, 10:41 PM
OK, SMokey trivia question:

What is Snoman's character name in the movie? and what is his wife's name in the movie?:confused: :confused:

NO CHEATING!! no looking it up on the internet! memory only!:D
Cletus was the Snowman's real name. Can't remember the wifes.

Monte
08-31-2006, 11:31 PM
Dang.... I missed all this?..... All I gotta say is..... "Sherriff I gotta tell ya.. You'e the gad dangest pursuer I've ever been persued by" "Well Mr. Bandit you are the gad dagest pursuee I've ever pursued ... UMP you da man.

Ric
08-31-2006, 11:38 PM
Cletus Snow (wifes name is honey)

Ric
08-31-2006, 11:40 PM
anybody with the snowman avatar pic, I will use it!

Ric
08-31-2006, 11:41 PM
"I am gonna need a fast car......." midget hands him tons of cash...... "Uh a Helluva lot faster than that!" midget hands him more cash

09-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Cletus was the Snowman's real name. Can't remember the wifes.
Cletus' wife name was Lynette. Bandit called her by name when he said; "Lynette I find it very hard to look at you, especially when you have all those things(curlers) in your hair, makes me think your tuning in to a radio station in Savannah."

CLetus also called her by name once too.

anybody get those avatars yet?

BrianM
09-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Because of you UMP I spent over an hour last night searching for a picture of Little Enos to use as an avatar and couldn't find one. I found pictures of Paul Williams (the actor) but none of him as little Enos.

BrianM
09-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Here is a Fred avatar.

BrianM
09-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Snowman avatar

BrianM
09-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Here is the script for you UMP. Quote yourself silly.

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/s/smokey-and-the-bandit-script.html

09-01-2006, 09:32 AM
BrianM you RULE!!! SD190EVO has snowman for an avatar. I will try to find you a little enos avatar. I will keep you posted my smokey brutha!!!:D

09-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Here you go BrianM!
:D
http://www.paulwilliamscouk.plus.com/enos.jpg

09-01-2006, 09:37 AM
I found this on google.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/srhgore/Big20Enis.jpg

BrianM
09-01-2006, 09:45 AM
UMP you my friend are a rockstar. How did you find those?

Leroy
09-01-2006, 09:47 AM
UMP; I think you better bring the movie and one of the projectors that attach to a laptop and we can have Smokey and the Bandit night Saturday night at MM!\

BrianM
09-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Here is another Snowman

6ballsisall
09-01-2006, 09:50 AM
UMP; I think you better bring the movie and one of the projectors that attach to a laptop and we can have Smokey and the Bandit night Saturday night at MM!\

Now that would be SWEEET!!!!!!!! :D Who's got a projector????

LakePirate
09-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Now that would be SWEEET!!!!!!!! :D Who's got a projector????

Got a Projector and the dvd. I will bring it.

6ballsisall
09-01-2006, 09:52 AM

Flippin SCHWEET!!!!!!!!!

LakePirate
09-01-2006, 09:53 AM
Hey does Mag have cable or satellite?

There is a small football game on saturday night that I am a bit interersted in. We can put it on the projector as well.

6ballsisall
09-01-2006, 10:10 AM

There is a small football game on saturday night that I am a bit interersted in. We can put it on the projector as well.

Don't think he has subscribed to either. However, there are several boats around that have it, wouldn't be surprised if you could view the game.

09-01-2006, 10:25 AM
UMP you my friend are a rockstar. How did you find those?
Google my brutha!:D

09-01-2006, 10:26 AM
YOU RULE LAKEY!!!!

rcnjson
09-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Understand UMP, if anyone from the mustang sites sees this I am in for some heat. It is a bit ironic that a guy who races mustangs is parading around with a screeming chicken as his avatar. Oh well. I am a huge fan of the 70's TA's. If I found one cheap (gold on black of course) I'd buy it. I'd also be caught wearing Steve Miller Band T-shirts and sporting a mullet.
k

6ballsisall
09-01-2006, 10:27 AM
If someone has a long enough cord we could use the speakers on my boat (or Erk's ride) for a little surround sound. :D

Monte
09-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Breaka breaka Mr. Bandit I've got a big bad bear report to give ya.. I'm tail grabbin yo a$$ right now.. Is anybody else thinkin about bringing kids. I was thinkin about going.. got all the info then lost the babysitter to a conference... I may still try if the wife and I are not the only ones with chillins.. Just seems like I'm going to miss a lot of fun and I don't like to miss fun!!!

6ballsisall
09-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Breaka breaka Mr. Bandit I've got a big bad bear report to give ya.. I'm tail grabbin yo a$$ right now.. Is anybody else thinkin about bringing kids. I was thinkin about going.. got all the info then lost the babysitter to a conference... I may still try if the wife and I are not the only ones with chillins.. Just seems like I'm going to miss a lot of fun and I don't like to miss fun!!!

Bring em along! Certainly there will be adult moments but the more people the merrier!!!

Monte
09-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Bring em along! Certainly there will be adult moments but the more people the merrier!!!
Not a bad idea.. Check w/ the CFO over the weekend;)

SD190EVO
09-01-2006, 10:54 AM
Just testing my new sig....

09-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Just testing my new sig....
YOu rule EVO!! now make the text size a bit bigger and change color on it so we can read it betta!

6ballsisall
09-01-2006, 12:29 PM
YOu rule EVO!! now make the text size a bit bigger and change color on it so we can read it betta!

One more year of my current avatar and then I can join you UMP. ;)

09-01-2006, 01:47 PM
One more year of my current avatar and then I can join you UMP. ;)
Why do you have to have that for a year??:confused:

SMOKEY BRUTHAS RULE!!!!:D

09-01-2006, 01:51 PM
I tell ya, SMOKEY FANS RULE!!!!
:steering: :woohoo: :popcorn: a BIG thanks to all my smokey bruthas for doin the avatar thang! This is SO cool!!

"After decorating the whole town at a cost of forty dollas":D

Maristar210
09-01-2006, 01:58 PM
"What do you mean these are great legs"

Ric
09-01-2006, 01:59 PM
I may need a sally avatar, what do you think Mary?

Maristar210
09-01-2006, 02:04 PM

I'd rather look at Sally anytime and quit calling me Mary, Sheila:D

Steve

Ric
09-01-2006, 02:06 PM
I'd rather look at Sally anytime and quit calling me Mary, Sheila:D

Steve
IT's Sally! Mary! 8p

Maristar210
09-01-2006, 02:07 PM
IT's Sally! Mary! 8p

Sally, Sheila, Mary, W T F E

How about Ric? Does that work fer ya?

Steve

milkmania
09-01-2006, 02:12 PM

http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes-77/SmokyBandit13.jpeg

http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes-77/SmokyBandit9.jpeg

09-01-2006, 02:34 PM
I loves this big avatar parade, its like a convoy!:D

thats a big ten-four, I will be ten-ten on the side!!!

Ric
09-01-2006, 02:34 PM
http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes-77/SmokyBandit13.jpeg

http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes-77/SmokyBandit9.jpeg OOOOH SALLY!

09-01-2006, 02:35 PM
mari, you rule!!!:D

Ric
09-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Sally, Sheila, Mary, W T F E

How about Ric? Does that work fer ya?

Steve That works

rcnjson
09-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Ric and BrianM, in response to your new avatars...

"Nice matching suits. It must have been a b1tch to get a 69 Extra Fat and a 12 Dwarf."
k

09-01-2006, 05:33 PM

"Nice matching suits. It must have been a b1tch to get a 69 Extra Fat and a 12 Dwarf."
k
:D :D :D

Did I mention that this thread rules???

Ric
09-01-2006, 11:18 PM

k double or nuthin smartass, how bout it? you run up to new england and get some clam chowder for us and our friends

Leroy
09-01-2006, 11:28 PM
I don't know what off airchannels are available there? THe projector is really neat!

shepherd
09-01-2006, 11:55 PM
k

.........................:jumping:

shepherd
09-01-2006, 11:58 PM
"There is no way, NO way that you came from my loins. The first thing I'm gonna do when I get home is punch your momma in the mouth. "

Ric
09-02-2006, 12:15 AM
"officer, you sound alot taller on the radio"

09-02-2006, 10:56 AM
"officer, you sound alot taller on the radio"
Sheriff Branford...??

on that note:

"DId you say you are a Sheriff?"

"Dats a BIG Ten Four!!! DONT YOU HEAR GOOD..????? Dis is Sheriff Beauford T. Justice of TEXAS!"

"the fact that you are a sheriff is not germain to this situation"

"ta gottam Germans got Nuthin to do with it!!!

09-02-2006, 10:59 AM
I don't know what off airchannels are available there? THe projector is really neat!
We dont need any channels Leroy! WE GOT SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT ON DVD!!! LAKEY IS BRINGING IT!!!!!:D

09-02-2006, 11:01 AM
OK, I am loving this avatar thing!!! Way to go SHep!!!!:D :D

OK, who is next?? lets keep this going ! I want to see more smokey avatars!!! we are all moving toward smokiness! soon this will be the smokey and the bandit forum!;)

TMCNo1
09-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Who farted??

Fred did! Bandit, he keeps stinkin' up ma truck!

TMCNo1
09-02-2006, 08:12 PM
:D :D :D

Did I mention that this thread rules???

Had to change my avatar and signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leroy
09-02-2006, 08:26 PM
UMP, I'm talking to you boy, do you hear me!!!!

Just for you!

09-02-2006, 11:53 PM
Thats a BIG TEN FOUR!!!! NO1, Leroy, welcome to de club! you guys rule!!!:toast:

This thread keeps getting better!!!!:D

Ric
09-03-2006, 01:04 AM
Had to change my avatar and signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woah!!!!!!!!! I never asked who farted, that was Mary...........:D

TMCNo1
09-03-2006, 09:46 AM
woah!!!!!!!!! I never asked who farted, that was Mary...........:D

I don't know what happened there! rolleyes:

TMCNo1
09-03-2006, 09:48 AM
woah!!!!!!!!! I never asked who farted, that was Mary...........:D

I don't know what happened there, Smokey musta been jamming the radio, anyway he's still stinking up tha truck!:rolleyes:

EDIT, Nevermind, that was me that time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maristar210
09-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Get in da caaar juneya

09-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Get in da caaar juneya
Mari! you can type in Beaufordeese!:uglyhamme :toast: :headbang:

Let me try:
"maybe its tam to call in da dogs, and pee on da fiya"

TMCNo1
09-04-2006, 08:38 AM
UMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP, we went to Target yesterday and in the men/boys department they have about 30 novelty t-shirts on a wall rack and on the rack were green "Smokey and the Bandit" T's. You need to check out your local Target and get one for MagMania 2.4693628107321.

Ric
10-11-2006, 12:38 PM
The GD Germans aint got nothin to do with it!

Ric
10-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Hey sherriff, what did this guy do, rob a bank or something?

Son, Bank Robbin is baby shidd compared to what this guy did..

10-11-2006, 01:24 PM
"Dat's very comfortin' but Im in HIGH SPEED Pasuit! DONT you hear good??"

10-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Hey sherriff, what did this guy do, rob a bank or something?

Son, Bank Robbin is baby shidd compared to what this guy did..
"knockin down mail boxes, drivin thru peoples back yards. got a broad in da car, took her across state lines and I dont think he has consent, and that's a man-act."

LakePirate
10-11-2006, 06:21 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/LakePirate/scumbum.jpg

10-11-2006, 07:41 PM
I remember that scene Lakey!!!:D

12-07-2006, 11:08 AM
anyone for some Smokey and the Bandit? :o

Evan Jones
12-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Can't get enough of that big block V-8 sound

12-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Hoosier cant get enough of Sally Field. :cool:

Monte
12-29-2006, 10:16 PM
Hoosier cant get enough of Sally Field. :cool:

Frogs Hot!! She jumps around like a frog too!

betsy&david Harrison
12-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Any of you have kids around 10 that just roll with laughter when watching? I put it on just to watch him bust. Ooooo, must admit, kinda like the flicks too myself

12-29-2006, 10:44 PM
smokey rules, it rules!

Monte
12-29-2006, 10:47 PM
smokey rules, it rules!

100,000 dollas? One Hundred Thousand Dallas:D

12-29-2006, 10:51 PM
actually Monte, it was eighty thouthandt dollarth:D

TMCNo1
12-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Well guys, I am here, now that we have totally wrecked Easties "Read this" thread!

Monte
12-29-2006, 10:53 PM
actually Monte, it was eighty thouthandt dollarth:D

Foiled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Leroy
12-29-2006, 11:36 PM
You know this group, "read this" means "post here"!

Well guys, I am here, now that we have totally wrecked Easties "Read this" thread!

TMCNo1
01-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Smokey and the Bandit II is on TV right now,

"Shut up JR, you bucket of monkey guts."

(Jr)"Hey daddy look at that big ugly alligator",
(SBTJ)"That reminds me I got to call you mamma tonight"!

(Dr.) "I'ma the leading Gynacoligista ina Pompei"!

01-30-2007, 09:39 PM
YEEEEE HAWWWWWW!!!!

Smokey is BACK!!!

and he is BADDDD!!!!

tex
07-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Smokey and the Bandit II is on TV right now,

"Shut up JR, you bucket of monkey guts."

(Jr)"Hey daddy look at that big ugly alligator",
(SBTJ)"That reminds me I got to call you mamma tonight"!

(Dr.) "I'ma the leading Gynacoligista ina Pompei"!
I'm watching #2 as we speak. He just jumped Buford's car.

07-26-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm watching #2 as we speak. He just jumped Buford's car.
"my gun is too heavy with bullets in it Daddy."

03 35th Anniversary
07-26-2007, 11:46 AM
#2 is my favorite.

07-26-2007, 12:05 PM
#2 is my favorite.
What? you mean you didnt like the plastic shark from #3 for cargo?? :uglyhamme

at least #3 had Mastercraft boats in it! :cool:

03 35th Anniversary
07-26-2007, 12:11 PM
No...not really......I like the running over police cars with 18 wheelers in the desert.:steering:

07-26-2007, 12:24 PM
No...not really......I like the running over police cars with 18 wheelers in the desert.:steering:
Brother Reggie, and Brother Gaylord. :uglyhamme

11-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Tex, you missed the most important one!

Maristar210
11-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Damn that Sally Field.... I love her

Doug G
11-05-2008, 09:52 PM
She was a hottie in her own time.