PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Resto Question

FHMan1905
03-21-2006, 10:31 PM
I have an 82 Cream/Rootbeer Metalflake Stars and Stripes with PCM 351 Powerslot and when i get it back from Performance Marine in nashville i am going to start restoring the traier because well it look likes crap. The Trailer is currently all cream, i am planning on doing the frame in the rootbeer metal flake with stars and that mastercraft logo on the main portion of the frame rails and leaving the fenders cream with the brown carpet. Also i am putting LED lights on the trailer and completely rewiring the trailer. Plan on putting 06 Mastercraft wheels or something similar. Any suggestions? :toast:

Sodar
03-21-2006, 11:07 PM
Go to: http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=147 This tread shows some before and after pics some trailers that have been redone. There is also a thread on how to build a prop guard, as I do not think that you trailer has one. Anyways, I hope this helps. Go for the LED's too, they are so sweet! I find myself towing with my headlights on during the day just so I can look at my marker lights... as sick as that may be!!

FHMan1905
03-22-2006, 02:51 AM
thanks....any other suggestions from anybody else are welcom

TMCNo1
03-22-2006, 10:04 AM
www.awdirect.com [AW Direct Towing Accessories] 1-800-243-3194 has about every kind of LED trailer light you need. They sell stuff mainly to wrecker/towing co. for replacement parts for the industry and are reasonable. Call for a catalogue! Check out your local Tractor/Trailer parts supply companies for the over the road trucking industry too! You can get a complete wiring kit from your local Northern Tool or anyone who sells trailers/ towing hitches.

east tx skier
03-22-2006, 11:19 AM
If the trailer is the same vintage as your boat, I'd suggest adding a prop guard with rollers and losing the bar in favor of a bow stop or boat buddy (see FAQ) for a how to on that one).