PDA

View Full Version : Babes Boat Care

flipper
03-21-2006, 09:00 PM
I have seen many of you guys using their stuff already, but just got an e-mail from them. I got a gallon jug, and a spray bottle of the Boat Brite, and the spray bottle broke in shipping. I e-mailed them telling them what had happened, and they are sending me two new bottles instead of just replacing the one. Thought that was cool of them, and wanted to pass the word out for them. If you haven't tried it, good stuff!

SkiDog
03-21-2006, 09:12 PM
Can I get it at local West Marine or Boaters World? Or do I have to order it online?

flipper
03-21-2006, 09:15 PM
I have only seen it online. Others here say some of the boat shops carry it.

http://www.babesboats.com/bbsoap.php

ntidsl
03-21-2006, 09:21 PM
They are too cool of people...Send them a pic of your boat when you are done cleaning it and practically the whole company will reply! Did you buy their rags??? They are the softest safest rags I could find!!! Order a 3 pack if you dont have them!

flipper
03-21-2006, 09:36 PM
No, I looked at them and thought about it, but ended up not ordering the rags. Maybe I should now that you said that. With people like that I am willing to spend my money there!

vogelm1
03-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Yep, only place to buy a decent quantity is online directly from them. Bart's sells "starter packs" with 3 spray bottles of Boat Bright (wax/cleaner), Seat Soap (vinyl cleaner), and Spot Solver (water spot, scale remover). That will last for several cleanings, but if you end up liking it and plan to use the stuff, go online and buy it by the gallon jug.

Yes, their towels are awesome too!! I was real happy with the cleaning products, so figured the towels had to be good too. Highly recommended!!

SkiDog
03-21-2006, 09:59 PM
10-4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flipper
03-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Done, just ordered some of their towels. Should be here soon. :banana:

vogelm1
03-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Flipper - think you'll like them. At first I thought they were a bit "small", but after using them liked them a lot. Good for getting into all the contours on the hull, around the windshield, etc. I end up using several towels each time I wipe down the boat w/ Boat Bright. Mentioned this before too, but the Boat Bright really works good on chrome, and especially the windshield. The water beads right off and makes it easy to keep clean. Babe's wouldn't necessarily replace a good all around wax job, but it sure works great in between for keeping the just-waxed look. Have fun -

flipper
03-22-2006, 08:51 PM
I usually use small towels for that kind of stuff anyway. I get tired of the lint, even from the "lint free" towels. These sound pretty good. The next best thing is baby diapers.

Tom023
03-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Babes seat soap is now recommended by MC per their eMC newsletter:

http://207.170.215.108/eMarketing/Campaign/TemplateBlankRun.aspx?PageId=f5d7745b-a0fa-40fa-abf5-054df7be5950&OrgId=1&ConId=4751

vogelm1
03-24-2006, 01:09 PM
See that - thanks for posting. I saved my bottle from the 'starter kit' I bought, but was always afraid to use it...MC owner's manual really pushed the Vinyl Finish cleaner. Guess when that runs out I'll end up using the Babe's afterall.