PDA

View Full Version : Need a impeller! And Teak question?

ksmaristar91
03-21-2006, 08:58 AM
I need a impeller for my 91 Maristar, it has the 351 carbed engine, i have no dealer within 2.5 hours so would like to order it. Any help with a part # and dealer to ship would be great. Also I checked out the "Harold" teak page, and would like to do the process to my platform, the link for the Star brite site has several products to choose from. Has anyone bought any of them, and is the Oil/sealer what i want, he states it is just a sealer, but i dont see just a sealer. Thanks for the input in advance!

BrianM
03-21-2006, 09:05 AM
Order you impeller from Discount Inboard Marine (http://www.skidim.com) Just call them up and tell them what boat you have and they will get you the right impeller. If you need any other spring tune up parts they have a 10% off spring sale going on.

Hey EastTX how about adding SkiDIM and the dealers that do a lot of mail order MC parts to the FAQ page. Q. I need parts for my boat but am 2.5 hours away from the nearest dealer where can I order ______ from? " A. SkiDIM BAWS, MyMC and Rambo are good places to start

beef
03-21-2006, 09:08 AM
I believe THIS (http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RP061018) is the one you're looking for.

Hoff1
03-21-2006, 09:59 AM
The part is Johnson 812 if you have a local marine place. I donít have a close dealer either, but I do have a local place that sells Mercruiser parts and they stock these impellers. But, if you are purchasing several items, I would go with DIM. The shipping cost will probably be cheaper than local markup.

G-man
03-21-2006, 10:27 AM
The Starbrite Oil to use is the less expensive Oil in the white bottle not the Golden Oil.

east tx skier
03-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Hey EastTX how about adding SkiDIM and the dealers that do a lot of mail order MC parts to the FAQ page. Q. I need parts for my boat but am 2.5 hours away from the nearest dealer where can I order ______ from? " A. SkiDIM BAWS, MyMC and Rambo are good places to start

There's something like that about 4 down.

I've got a partial part number list for the 351W I'll probably add soon. Most are NAPA numbers, but they can be cross referenced.

michael freeman
03-21-2006, 10:43 AM
The Starbrite Oil to use is the less expensive Oil in the white bottle not the Golden Oil.

Why?

I bought the Golden Oil because of good marketing by Starbrite telling me that it is better, and I wanted the best for my new boat. ;)

east tx skier
03-21-2006, 10:46 AM
I think the reason is because the golden oil has a sealer in it. I could be wrong though. I've used both and prefer the cheap stuff as well. But until I can find it locally, I'll be using the golden amazon oil my dealer carries.

G-man
03-21-2006, 10:59 AM
The less expensive one has the better sealer in it. This is one of the few things for a boat where paying less is more.

TMCNo1
03-21-2006, 11:08 AM
I think the reason is because the golden oil has a sealer in it. I could be wrong though. I've used both and prefer the cheap stuff as well. But until I can find it locally, I'll be using the golden amazon oil my dealer carries.

Doug and G-man, if you can find it, please post a link to the platform thread that tells all about the Star Brite Teak Oil, Sealer/Preserver in the White Bottle for reference. I can't find it! Maybe a FAQ on this subject would be helpful for those who haven't read any previous threads and posts! JMO!

east tx skier
03-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Harold, I've got the emc article linked in the FAQ. In that article, it says to use the plain starbrite teak oil, right?

TMCNo1
03-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Harold, I've got the emc article linked in the FAQ. In that article, it says to use the plain starbrite teak oil, right?

Yea, but out there somewhere is a thread where George and I continuously, and maybe even you refered in several posts to the "Star Brite Teak Oil Sealer/Preserver in the White Bottle" trying to get the message across. In that thread I said the difference between the cheaper and the Premium is, the Premium dries with a haze to it where the regular dries glossy, that is if one is as anal as myself and has to carry it to darn far.

jayderwin1
03-21-2006, 12:01 PM
i like the cheap star brite in the white bottle myself it seam to last longer without drying out. the only place i've found it, is in the starbrite teak refinishing kit.

east tx skier
03-21-2006, 12:03 PM
While it's my preference, too, it is more of a matter of opinion as to which teak oil one ought to use. For that reason, I may just let it be where it be with regard to the FAQ.

TMCNo1
03-21-2006, 12:12 PM
Doug, I found it, just had to think a minute and search my profile, my threads!

The Thread is "swim platforms can be beautiful", General Discussion, and post #36 shows a picture of the bottle and the thread covers about everything concerning this brand of teak oil, from many owners.

This is driving me nuts? The lady who cleans house for us dropped my mouse on the floor last night while dusting [told her not to mess with computer, I'll do the dusting on it!], busted it and blew the da-n thing up!!!!!!!!!!!!I've made 2 trips getting a new optic mouse cause the 1st NEW one had a short where the cord went into the UBS plug at the hard drive and I've spent several hours far-ing around setting it up and learning it's particulars and on here too. Think I'll go put some "StarBrite Teak Oil, Sealer/Preserver in the White Bottle" on the platform just to vent.

I haven't learned yet, how to post a link to it, so I stated it here and maybe you can do the FAQ link if that's possible. I'll owe you one, THANKS! I'm still learning! :eek: :eek:

east tx skier
03-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Harold, I'll link that thread as well.

ksmaristar91
03-22-2006, 08:37 AM
Thanks for all the help as usual! Calling Skidim today and getting the teak kit, and impeller..... This board makes the world go round.......my boat that is.... Thanks again.

milkmania
03-29-2006, 09:26 AM
The Thread is "swim platforms can be beautiful", General Discussion, and post #36 shows a picture of the bottle and the thread covers about everything concerning this brand of teak oil, from many owners.

I haven't learned yet, how to post a link to it, so I stated it here and maybe you can do the FAQ link if that's possible. I'll owe you one, THANKS! I'm still learning! :eek: :eek:

Harold,
on each post, there's a blue header with a # for the post.......
(step 1) click that number, example #36....
it'll open a different browser with only that post.
(step 2)highlight the address in the newest browser
(step 3) right click, copy.
go to the post where you want the information copied, right click & paste

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=139842&postcount=36

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/harold2.jpg

TMCNo1
03-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Thanks Milk, I'll copy it, and all is good, you da man! Explains it much easier!

milkmania
03-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Thanks Milk, I'll copy it, and all is good, you da man! Explains it much easier!

eh, what can I say..... I was bored;)

you're welcome