PDA

View Full Version : Looking for skiers in East TN

TNH2oSkier
07-29-2004, 10:14 PM
I have just moved to Maryville TN area, (very close to the MC plant) and have no one to ski with. I have been driving my wife crazy. I know where a course is, I have PP and would like someone to ski with 2-3 times a week at tellico or ft loudon. Send me an email or post here.
Jeff

H20skeefreek
07-29-2004, 11:09 PM
I would imagine it wouldn't be a problem to find someone in that area. I'd go if I was close enough.

Leroy
07-30-2004, 12:36 AM
There are some people on the board from around there. I grew up in Lenoir City, and have relatives in Greenback, Maryville, and Friendsville. Wish I were back there! Great lakes around there, and all free access! Long commute from Indianapolis or I would love to join you.

TNH2oSkier
07-30-2004, 07:06 AM
There are plenty of lakes, and the scenery is beatiful, but a skier on the lake is rare site it seems. There are tons of wakeboarders, tubers, giant sea rays and house boats. I am hoping I just havent found the right area of the lake where the skiers hang out.

TNH2oSkier
08-12-2004, 07:58 PM
I never thought that I would have as little interest in skiing as I have had. If I was a boarder my boat would have sunk with the people that would like to join us. Are there any skiers left around Knoxville/Maryville area?

bcampbe7
08-12-2004, 11:21 PM
Sorry man, I am in Middle Tennessee...

H20skeefreek
08-13-2004, 08:02 AM
I never thought that I would have as little interest in skiing as I have had. If I was a boarder my boat would have sunk with the people that would like to join us. Are there any skiers left around Knoxville/Maryville area?

ok, i suggest that everyone from Indianapolis down to Atlanta and St. Louis to the Atlantic ocean take a few days off and head to TNH2oSkier's stompin grounds for some skiing. He'll be begging for us to stop after a few days.

BriEOD
08-13-2004, 08:13 AM
What's the yr/model of your ride?

Leroy
08-14-2004, 02:33 AM
OK, sounds good to me. Time to go visit my Mom in Lenoir City, code for few days skiing! I'm not very good at skiing, but I can drive pretty well!

Maybe you should try boarding also???? I have to believe there is local ski clubs, but I don't know of any.

H20skeefreek
08-14-2004, 08:16 AM
just had to post so every post on the "new posts page" had the last poster as me!!

rmc1
08-14-2004, 09:18 AM
have you tried looking on the usawaterski.org site for some ski clibs in that area. They might be able to help

TNH2oSkier
08-14-2004, 09:28 AM
I like the idea of everyone coming by to ski, lets just spread it out over a few days so I can get some rest in between sets. So what time can we meet at the ramp?

Prostar19
08-18-2004, 12:27 AM
Jeff,

Here is the site to the Ski Club in Knoxville. Unfortunately there is not much info there. You will find the most slalom skiers on Melton Lake at that ski course. It is awesome. There is also a ski course by the MC factory. You may even catch John Dorton or Scott Crutchfield running a set. Shoot me an email and we can get together sometime. I am sure I can hook you up with some skiers.
http://www.skiersofknoxville.org/index.htm

Chris

merlotski
05-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Hey Jeff!
We're buying a house on Tellico very close to the MC plant in Foothills Point. I was worried that I wouldn't find anyone to ski with. I'm a late bloomer, but finally made the course last fall. Where do you live? Does your wife ski? My husband is my designated driver, but it would be nice to be legal and have another skier in the boat!!! Do you use the course in front of the MC plant or somewhere else? We may not make the official move right away. We close on the TN home in July and we still have a lake home to sell in this stinking economy, but we are keeping positive! The water on Tellico is beautiful!! Can't wait to ski it! Feel free to email me directly. blacklockmary@sbcglobal.net

norris laker
05-29-2008, 12:13 AM
In Tennessee you do not need a spotter to be legal as long as the driver has a mirror.

TNH2oSkier
05-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Merlotski sent you an email! Thanks for the noticing the old post.

merlotski
05-29-2008, 10:37 PM
In Tennessee you do not need a spotter to be legal as long as the driver has a mirror.

This is awesome news! Thanks for the info. Looking forward to great water and 4 additional skiing months!