PDA

View Full Version : STAR, The Official Publication of MasterCraft

BriEOD
09-22-2004, 08:57 PM
I want to give a big pat on the back to Team MC. The fall Star magazine is AWESOME. It is a new format and has tons of photos, a 72' MC being restored, diaries from Jeff Rodgers and Lori Krueger and even a technical question/answer section (JimN, you working overtime?). This new edition is head and shoulders above the previous editions. Plus, to top it all off I received my fall edition on the first day of fall, how about that! Great job Team MC I am very impressed!

Thanks MC, keep em' coming!! :banana:

Bert
09-22-2004, 09:42 PM
I want to give a big pat on the back to Team MC. The fall Star magazine is AWESOME. It is a new format and has tons of photos, a 72' MC being restored, diaries from Jeff Rodgers and Lori Krueger and even a technical question/answer section (JimN, you working overtime?). This new edition is head and shoulders above the previous editions. Plus, to top it all off I received my fall edition on the first day of fall, how about that! Great job Team MC I am very impressed!

Thanks MC, keep em' coming!! :banana:
That's good to hear. Maybe I will become a TM member again. I was years ago but found the mag to be an advertising brochure. The shirts, hats etc. were great though.

BriEOD
09-22-2004, 09:57 PM
This edition is 47 pages in length. It's a lot nicer because they have some advertisers in there now: Coke, Chevy, Garmin, Indmar, etc. They have the normal Pres' message, "Me and My MC (photos & stories), a technical ques/answer *with an email addy* "If you have a question about your MasterCraft, skiing or wakeboarding or anything else submit it to john@jnohe.com we'll find the answer," Events and Reunions, Tournament News, Over the Bow (community service stuff with kids, I was VERY impressed with this), Old School/New School (old 72 MC and a X45), Jeff Rodgers article, Lori Krueger article, dealer profile, on the job Craftsmen article, Florida's chain reaction, Private Lakes, and finally some Team MC stuff for sale.

Farmer Ted
09-22-2004, 11:29 PM
I got mine the other day too, infact it's the first one I've recieved over the past year.

Has anyone else been getting their Star prior to this?

SD190EVO
09-22-2004, 11:42 PM
I hadn't received one in some time but just got my new one also. I too was impressed. Way to go MC! (and thanks!)

captkidd
09-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Got mine yesterday. It was definitely impressive. I thought the technical section was a good idea, but it seemed that most of the answers were "take it to your dealer for diagnosis". Definitely no comparison to the advice found on here. I also received a STAR magazine 3-4 months ago.

Even though I have been disappointed with the some of the things that Team MC has not done recently, I still think that it's worth the cost. The upgraded magazine shows that they are trying to improve. I think that any of you guys who regularly post here on the Team MC site should seriously consider joining (I assume that a portion of the dues help fund this site). Especially those with >2900 posts. :twocents: ;)

captkidd
09-23-2004, 03:32 PM
Oh yeah, I also found a punctuation error in John Dorton's letter. The spelling Nazi is back baby!

erkoehler
09-23-2004, 06:19 PM
How would one go about signing up for this?

G-man
09-23-2004, 06:40 PM
It's one of the benefits of joining Team MasterCraft. You also get a new tee-shirt and other gifts when you sign up. There is a link to join on MC's homepage.

BriEOD
09-23-2004, 07:38 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/team/index.asp?display=membership&formtype=965&cid=2046&ycid=5430

NeilM
09-24-2004, 11:26 AM
:mad: well, it's just about a year I've been waiting... :rant: hopefully, now that I have a letter from John Dorton, I'll get some action ...

Jim@BAWS
09-24-2004, 03:41 PM
The website, the magazine, the reunions are all part of owning a Mastercraft. Bay Area WaterSports was more tha willing to help in anyway to make this the best Star Magazine to date. Both Larry Holt and Mark Graziani are my customers and close friends. We (BAWS) where asked to put a ON LOCATION type story together for the STAR. That's where the Chain o Lakes story came from. Look at the Reunion photos... and that is TEAM BAWS just after they accepted the TEAM MC SPRIT AWARD at the reunion in Tenn. Not bad bringing 6 boats to Tenn from Florida and ALL placing in their division. Our dealership supports TEAM MC as much as possible. We hope to see many of you at the Southern Reunion on Oct 16th. It will be a blast !!! www.bayareawatersports.com

TEAM MC will only get better in the months and years to come with support from customers like yourself who give great input and attend the functions that we put together for you...the customer

Jim Kranendonk-Owner Bay Area WaterSports Tampa Fl

mgurley
09-24-2004, 03:43 PM
Hey Jim. Do you know T.A. Mahoney's down there in Tampa? :confused:

Leroy
10-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Pony express finally delivered mine yesterday and it is a good issue!

Wish they would reference TeamTalk in the magazine instead of just saying "take it to an authorized MC dealer for any repairs".

ski_king
10-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Mine came yesterday also. Big improvement!

NeilM
10-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Well, I just got a package from Team Talk - 364 days later.. has a T-Shirt, a 'Team MasterCraft' hitch cover, a catalog, and a $22 bill from FedEx Customs Broker. No magazine, no membership card, no coupons...

bonedoc
10-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Hey neil....I thought team MC came free for 1 year it the purchase of a new boat........haven't heard a thing from them either since my X2 purchase in June. But then again, the dealer didn't bother to register my boat until a few weeks ago.

Anyways, my boat is back at the dealers, maybe for good. We'll see what Mastercraft has to say about all the problems I have had with it.

Anyways, going to be in Cow town this weekend. I'll bring my board and you can pull me and feed me beer and let me wear your new dry suit :) .

bcampbe7
10-01-2004, 01:23 PM
Got the Star magazine the other day also. This is my 1st issue so I don't have anything to compare it to. I do think it is a great publication though. :twocents:

NeilM
10-01-2004, 01:53 PM
Hey neil....I thought team MC came free for 1 year it the purchase of a new boat........haven't heard a thing from them either since my X2 purchase in June. But then again, the dealer didn't bother to register my boat until a few weeks ago.

Anyways, my boat is back at the dealers, maybe for good. We'll see what Mastercraft has to say about all the problems I have had with it.

Anyways, going to be in Cow town this weekend. I'll bring my board and you can pull me and feed me beer and let me wear your new dry suit :) .
Yep, $22 and change payable to FedEx to get it delivered to your Canadian door.. Includes Duty and Brokerage fee on the "MasterCraft Pro Shop" 'catalog' they throw in the box (they valued it at $1USD).

My boat's back at the dealer's too. Supposed to be getting it back on the 8th with a rebuilt driver's seat, new skins on all the cushions, new throttle control, repositioned paddlewheel (thanks MyMC and PP!) and snug bow rails -- last of the 31 (up from 27) warranty items.

I have a size 40 regular suit hanging in my closet -- last time I wore it was to a funeral (so it's dry, but not new). I don't think it'd work to good at Ghost, though...:uglyhamme PM me if you've got time for a cool one while in Cowtown, though...:friday:

PendO
06-03-2006, 02:42 PM
ttt ..................................................