PDA

View Full Version : Airguide speedometer

dchatagnon
03-18-2006, 07:32 AM
Hi,

I have one of my 2 airguide spedometers dead.
In fact it's not the speedometer in itself, but it is the tube with a piston inside which makes air pressure on the tube connected to the speedometer. This "tube" is bad and it has frozen... some water was stock on it!
As Airguide went out of business, it is pretty hard to find some parts. I called Rich at skidim yesterday but no chance... no parts anymore except a replacement pito.

If one of you have one for sale, complete with this famous tube, please let me know! ;) On Ebay there is some speedos for sale but I don't know if they are the complete set.

ski_king
03-18-2006, 08:24 AM
Keep watching ebay, they show up from time to time.

I believe I have seen many listed, I believe by greatlakesskipper.

bdecker
03-18-2006, 10:35 AM
I've got an airguide out of my 89 Supra Comp that was pulled out for the Perfectpass install. The boat is for sale (see marketplace) and I've been holding onto the guage in the event that it makes sense to ebay the Perfectpass and sell the boat without it (really hoping to avoid two hours under the dash pulling it out)... It'll be at least a couple of weeks before the boat is sold, as the ice is just starting to go out of our lakes and ponds (I do have a prospective buyer). If it goes with the Perfect Pass, I'll be able to make you a deal on the gauge...

east tx skier
03-18-2006, 10:41 AM
There are a couple on ebay right now.

Hoosier Bob
03-18-2006, 12:23 PM
I believe the part(balance tubes?) you are speaking of has been replaced with a selfcontained pitot. The 12-14" brass tubes mounted in the stern of your boat can now be replaced with tubing if you have purchased the new and integrated pitot. Ask MasterCraft when these pitots became available then I would go ahead and purchase the new pitots (pickups) and remove the old balance tubes. You will nedd to splice or better yet run all new lines. :D Hi,

I have one of my 2 airguide spedometers dead.
In fact it's not the speedometer in itself, but it is the tube with a piston inside which makes air pressure on the tube connected to the speedometer. This "tube" is bad and it has frozen... some water was stock on it!
As Airguide went out of business, it is pretty hard to find some parts. I called Rich at skidim yesterday but no chance... no parts anymore except a replacement pito.

If one of you have one for sale, complete with this famous tube, please let me know! ;) On Ebay there is some speedos for sale but I don't know if they are the complete set.

dchatagnon
03-19-2006, 02:07 PM
thanks. I saw them on E-bay. I just found yesterday a brass-tube in good shape from a local dealer. I have cleaned the speedo changed the lines with brand new one.
And everything is fine now!