PDA

View Full Version : movies....

milkmania
03-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Anybody seen Crash?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375679/

downloaded it the other night... dang good movie:headbang:

downloaded A History of Violence to watch tonight...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0399146/
anybody seen it?

no spoilers!:rant:

erkoehler
03-17-2006, 11:38 PM
No and No.... :noface:

atlfootr
03-18-2006, 07:48 AM
No and No.... :noface:Same here :noface: 2x
What's the quality like?

milkmania
03-18-2006, 11:09 AM
Same here :noface: 2x
What's the quality like?

the download quality? exceptional!
the movie quality? good movies....makes you think!

NatesGr8
03-18-2006, 12:17 PM
I give Crash 2 thumbs up, haven't seen the other one, but was thinking about it.

atlfootr
03-18-2006, 12:35 PM
I give Crash 2 thumbs up, haven't seen the other one, but was thinking about it.How bout :banana: :banana: instead :D

Workin' 4 Toys
03-27-2006, 12:28 AM
I can't believe I rented it, but I just watched Team America World Police.

canadianskier
03-27-2006, 01:29 AM
seen Crash, one of the best movies i`ve seen in a long time, makes you think.

and on the light side, team america was a hoot.

redmike
03-27-2006, 03:50 AM
team america- one of the best love scenes ever put on film!!!!!

Farmer Ted
03-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Just rented Walk The Line, pretty good

shepherd
03-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Just rented Walk The Line, pretty good

I just saw that last week. Pretty good, but looked like a re-make of Ray, just different music and different skin color.

(Let's see: boy grows up in sharecropper's shack, loses brother to tragic accident, marries young, has kids, cheats on wife with fellow performer, wife leaves him, takes kids with her, gets hooked on drugs, gets clean, makes comeback...)

shepherd
03-27-2006, 11:37 AM
downloaded A History of Violence to watch tonight...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0399146/
anybody seen it?

Milk, how was History of Violence? It's in my Netflix queue. Should I move it to the top or delete it?

Workin' 4 Toys
03-27-2006, 09:16 PM
"When will I be loved" was rented here too. :o

The alright part, there was alot of Neve Campbell's best assets...

milkmania
03-27-2006, 11:16 PM
Milk, how was History of Violence? It's in my Netflix queue. Should I move it to the top or delete it?

I enjoyed it as a suspense action thriller.

a small majority was predictable, and one scene is to die for:headbang:

I'd vote to keep it at the top of your list.

milkmania
03-27-2006, 11:17 PM
"When will I be loved" was rented here too. :o

it's ok, I was forced to download "must love dogs"8p

Hoosier Bob
03-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Must love Dogs, NOT! Crash! Excellent! Good could become evil and good could remain good and evil could become good. The point is that we are all one step away from making a decision that could impact ourselves as well as those around us. You know and understand your situation but do you?

Farmer Ted
03-27-2006, 11:36 PM
I just saw that last week. Pretty good, but looked like a re-make of Ray, just different music and different skin color.

(Let's see: boy grows up in sharecropper's shack, loses brother to tragic accident, marries young, has kids, cheats on wife with fellow performer, wife leaves him, takes kids with her, gets hooked on drugs, gets clean, makes comeback...)

haven't seen Ray yet, thanks for the heads up!

shepherd
03-27-2006, 11:51 PM
haven't seen Ray yet, thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, Ray is pretty good too. I'd actually say that Jamie Fox did a much better impression of Ray Stevens than Joaquin Phoenix did of Cash. But then, there is nothing like Reese Witherspoon in Ray... She did an excellent job in Walk the Line IMO.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-27-2006, 11:56 PM
I had to ask during the movie... Was that a DOOKIE??!?!??!?!!?

Hoosier Bob
03-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Team America is a GEM! It is not a Dookie! It is Durka, Durka! I have never laughed so hard as I had when I first saw Team America!!!! If you could promise me you wouldn't die I would have sex with you right now! I promise, I will never die!!! This line is followed by the best sex scene any one has feasted eyes on!

SKI*MC
03-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Walk the Line was pretty good. As for Theater movies, i saw The Hills Have Eyes, about a week or so ago. It was pretty good, it makes you jump a lot. It wasn't scary, more suspensfull.

milkmania
04-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Anybody watched the new King Kong movie?

I really enjoyed it!

seems to be pretty violent for kids, not sure of the rating....
really good graphics, pretty intense fighting, especially the fight scene with 4 T-Rex's.

shepherd
04-06-2006, 03:17 PM

I really enjoyed it!

really good graphics, pretty intense fighting, especially the fight scene with 4 T-Rex's.

very entertaining... and intense/scary.

my only complaints are: Jack Black - didn't work for me. And they overdid it on the computer-generated effects. Especially the New York scenes looked pretty comic-bookish... Oh yeah, and they made that skinny Holocaust actor the macho movie hero? :noface: Didn't buy it...

milkmania
04-06-2006, 03:30 PM
very entertaining... and intense/scary. agreed

my only complaints are: Jack Black - didn't work for me. agreed

And they overdid it on the computer-generated effects. Especially the New York scenes looked pretty comic-bookish... agreed

Oh yeah, and they made that skinny Holocaust actor the macho movie hero? :noface: Didn't buy it... agreed

how about that insect scene:eek:

didn't seem like the brontosauraus scene was ever gonna end! some parts looked great, but some looked way too fake..... can you imagine trying to work with all those closes up legs & people images? nightmare!

also, seemed to start out kinda slow:popcorn:

east tx skier
04-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Team America is a GEM! It is not a Dookie! It is Durka, Durka! I have never laughed so hard as I had when I first saw Team America!!!! If you could promise me you wouldn't die I would have sex with you right now! I promise, I will never die!!! This line is followed by the best sex scene any one has feasted eyes on!

I couldn't stop laughing every time they played the theme song. Top notch on the low brow for sure.

east tx skier
04-06-2006, 03:33 PM

I really enjoyed it!

I saw it during the theater run. Other than it being way long, I thought it was great. I'm a big fan of the 1933(?) version and it was great how many different ways they incorporated stuff verbatim into the new one. I think it's safe to say that they will never again need to remake Kong. If I could change anything, I'd cut that Trex fight down by about 15 minutes.

east tx skier
04-06-2006, 03:35 PM
very entertaining... and intense/scary.

my only complaints are: Jack Black - didn't work for me. And they overdid it on the computer-generated effects. Especially the New York scenes looked pretty comic-bookish... Oh yeah, and they made that skinny Holocaust actor the macho movie hero? :noface: Didn't buy it...

I thought Jack Black was great in it. He gave a great Carl Denim as Orson Wells performance. One thing I remember when all was said and done that the new one did that the last two failed to accomplish---I actually felt sorry for the monkey at the end of this one. The girl that played Ann was great and actually gave the character some depth.

milkmania
04-06-2006, 03:35 PM
I saw it during the theater run. Other than it being way long, I thought it was great. I'm a big fan of the 1933(?) version and it was great how many different ways they incorporated stuff verbatim into the new one. I think it's safe to say that they will never again need to remake Kong. If I could change anything, I'd cut that Trex fight down by about 15 minutes.

it's been forewver since I saw the original...... was T-Rex a charactor in it?
I'm thinking not.

east tx skier
04-06-2006, 03:42 PM
very entertaining... and intense/scary. agreed

The stuff with the naitives was way scary.

my only complaints are: Jack Black - didn't work for me. agreed

See above.

And they overdid it on the computer-generated effects. Especially the New York scenes looked pretty comic-bookish... agreed

I thought the NY scenes looked nice. I thought the brontasaurus stampede looked a little too CGI. On the ground the NYC stuff was a set built in NZ I thought.

Oh yeah, and they made that skinny Holocaust actor the macho movie hero? :noface: Didn't buy it... agreed

Yeah. Still more depth than the original Jack, but not quite the Lebowskiesque take on the character that Jeff Bridges gave us.

how about that insect scene:eek: didn't seem like the brontosauraus scene was ever gonna end! some parts looked great, but some looked way too fake..... can you imagine trying to work with all those closes up legs & people images? nightmare!

Insect scene was fine. Probably much more gore than what was cut from the '33 version and destroyed. Brontosauraus seen was a low point for me. Didn't mind the length so much though. Thought the TRex fight was entirely too long (by about 10 minutes or so). I've seen Jurasic Park. Move along.

also, seemed to start out kinda slow:popcorn:

I equate the build up before you ever see the monkey to Speilberg's brilliance directorily when he did Jaws. No shark for the first half of the movie. What suspense! Same thing here. By the time the naitives were chopping heads, I was thorougly on the edge of my seat. So I wouldn't have changed a thing until after you've got Kong on screen. Again, lose 10 minutes of that T-Rex scene and I'm a little better with the length.

east tx skier
04-06-2006, 03:46 PM
it's been forewver since I saw the original...... was T-Rex a charactor in it?
I'm thinking not.

Yes, there was a Trex, a steggasaurus, a big lizardy snake, a dipotopus (sp), a tyradactyl (sp). I may have missed something.

Also, two things of note. The dialogue in the movie they shoot on the ship in this one is the original dialogue from the '33 Kong (the movie, not the movie in the original movie).

Also, in the new one, the stage show in NY before they bring him out mimics the naitives in the '33 version. The orchestra is playing the original score from the '33 version (The original was among the first major movies to actually have an original score).

Another Side note. Do the naitives in the original movie look like any southwest pacific islanders you'd ever expect to see?

milkmania
04-06-2006, 04:01 PM
wow, great depth...... I cannot retain a movie in my mind that long:(

I'm going to have to lean toward probably not seeing the original movie when I was younger.

I do seem to remember a movie where King ate a person, and spit out their hair. possibly the 1976 version:confused:

off to imdb.com:o

I think it would have been a pretty good flick on the big screen

east tx skier
04-06-2006, 04:10 PM
He ate two people in the original. In '76, he mostly stepped on people.

/I watched both '33 and '76 countless times growing up.

milkmania
04-06-2006, 04:17 PM
He ate two people in the original. In '76, he mostly stepped on people.

/I watched both '33 and '76 countless times growing up.

I kept waiting for him to eat someone in this movie.

the '76 trivia is pretty cool.... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074751/trivia

shepherd
04-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Another Side note. Do the naitives in the original movie look like any southwest pacific islanders you'd ever expect to see?

Wow, interesting trivia ETS. I'm not sure, but I think the movie island (in all 3 movies) was supposedly set deep in the Indian Ocean. Anyway, the natives in the original movie looked like a bunch of Hollywood extras...

And I think Jessica Lange was the hottest of the three Kong girls. Also (now I'll admit I'm not a good judge of acting talent), but I thought she gave the best performance as the ditzy, helpless, sensual blond girl. Didn't she win an Oscar for a later movie???

east tx skier
04-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Wow, interesting trivia ETS. I'm not sure, but I think the movie island (in all 3 movies) was supposedly set deep in the Indian Ocean. Anyway, the natives in the original movie looked like a bunch of Hollywood extras...

And I think Jessica Lange was the hottest of the three Kong girls. Also (now I'll admit I'm not a good judge of acting talent), but I thought she gave the best performance as the ditzy, helpless, sensual blond girl. Didn't she win an Oscar for a later movie???

You are right. SW of Sumatra. At any rate, if you watch the original again, keep an eye on the naitive that falls on what appears to be a chicken coop when kong busts down the wall. His wig gets caught on the coop and rolls away. Funny stuff.

By the way, did it ever bother anyone that they'd build this wall with a Kong-sized door on it? :confused:

shepherd
04-07-2006, 10:20 PM
By the way, did it ever bother anyone that they'd build this wall with a Kong-sized door on it? :confused:

You're right! 8p I never even thought of that!

Stupid natives... :rolleyes:

tex
07-08-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm watching one of my favorite Mel Gibson movies...anyone here seen Payback?
A little bit of a different role for old Mel.

BriEOD
07-08-2006, 09:55 PM
This little piggy went to market...(dang that would hurt)

Hoosier Bob
07-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Has anyone watched any of the Madea series? Diary of a Mad Black Woman and Madea's Family Reunion! I have watched a bunch of Tyler Perry's Madea movies and have to admit they are funny! Another fun ride is Waiting! Watch Van Wilder and Waiting together! Good Stuff! :D

tex
07-08-2006, 10:13 PM
This little piggy went to market...(dang that would hurt)
Porter has just threatened to kill Carter while talking to Bronson on the phone]
Bronson: Are you threatening me?
Porter: I'm not threatening you, I'm threatening Carter.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Firewall is a good rent...

wakebroad
07-10-2006, 10:03 AM
If you don't really care about the content of the movie but want to get lucky with your spouse....."Come Lie With Me" is a great choice.
Full frontal all over the place, if you know what I'm sayin. ;)

tex
07-11-2006, 01:11 AM
If you don't really care about the content of the movie but want to get lucky with your spouse....."Come Lie With Me" is a great choice.
Did I mention that I want to party with this broad? She has the right attitude! Her husband is very lucky!

atlfootr
07-11-2006, 09:04 AM
I couldn't stop laughing every time they played the theme song. Top notch on the low brow for sure.Are you referring to Team America: World Police (2004) :confused:

wakebroad
07-11-2006, 09:33 AM
I love Team America! I gotta put that on my Netflix list again.
See, when you get to my age, you can watch a movie and the next week you can watch it again and it's like you never saw it. :D

wakebroad
07-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Did I mention that I want to party with this broad? She has the right attitude! Her husband is very lucky!

You are sweet!
:o

Workin' 4 Toys
07-11-2006, 11:08 AM
"The last ride"

Hoosier Bob
07-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Yes bigtime and there is one big difference in the unedited version that surprised me!:eek:
DIRKA DIRKA!Are you referring to Team America: World Police (2004) :confused:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Wakebroad, you better be careful what you say around this band of scalawags!!;) Havent you heard of Fred the mechanic? Dont encourage these boys!:uglyhamme

Workin' 4 Toys
07-11-2006, 11:23 AM
Yes bigtime and there is one big difference in the unedited version that surprised me!:eek:
DIRKA DIRKA!
HB, you ever see "The last ride?

Yes, the unedited #2 seen was a surprise!!!

atlfootr
07-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Milk, how was History of Violence? It's in my Netflix queue. Should I move it to the top or delete it?Saw it when it first came out.
Got it on mine too, here to arrive tomorrow.

atlfootr
07-14-2006, 04:13 PM
DIRKA DIRKA!

3-27-06
3-26-26
I can't believe I rented it, but I just watched Team America World Police. Clicked to view the trailer, may have to send off for it as well.
It's one of thoses so called mindless classics ... :popcorn:

atlfootr
07-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Jus'd Arrive .... another "GREAT AMERICAN" CLASSIC :firejump:
Reservoir Dogs 1992

Hoosier Bob
07-14-2006, 05:19 PM
Why am I Mr. Pink? :o Jus'd Arrive .... another "GREAT AMERICAN" CLASSIC :firejump:

Reservoir Dogs 1992

milkmania
07-15-2006, 05:10 PM
anyone seen V For Vendetta?
I'm burning it now and was wondering if was any good?

I burnt DodgeBall (not too bad) & When a Stranger Calls (so so).

atlfootr
07-15-2006, 07:51 PM
I burnt, "When a Stranger Calls" (so so).As. if .... compares to the level of "Scream", Dawn Of The Living Dead" oh and one more "Splash" :(
Your a wasteful man :noface: At least blow your money on "Weekend At Burnie's" :o
At least it has one or two laughs ..:purplaugh

JohnnyB
07-15-2006, 08:48 PM
You guys that are doing the burning....where are you downloading from?

milkmania
07-15-2006, 08:55 PM
As. if .... compares to the level of "Scream", Dawn Of The Living Dead" oh and one more "Splash"
Your a wasteful man :noface: At least blow your money on "Weekend At Burnie's"
At least it has one or two laughs ..:purplaugh

weekend at Bernie's was one of the first ones I burnt!:headbang:

You guys that are doing the burning....where are you downloading from?
check you pms;)

milkmania
07-24-2006, 02:07 AM
Team America: World Police

I just don't get it...... tried watching it twicehttp://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/images/smilies/frown.gif

Workin' 4 Toys
07-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Did you see the unrated version?

Hoosier Bob
07-24-2006, 12:00 PM
I have lost all faith in you Milk! Dirka Dirka I am out! Maybe you forgot the sign?:D Team America: World Police

I just don't get it...... tried watching it twicehttp://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/images/smilies/frown.gif

milkmania
07-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Did you see the unrated version?

yeah, but I couldn't get past the Aids musicalhttp://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/images/smilies/cool.gif

Workin' 4 Toys
07-25-2006, 12:23 AM
yeah, but I couldn't get past the Aids musical:cool:
I was criticized for thinking there were funny parts in that movie....Although, it didn't take long to forget all about 99% of it. The #2 scene was hysterical....
Durka, durka.....;)

Hoosier Bob
07-25-2006, 12:41 AM
Oh sure you just want me to get in your limo so you can....... Gary s....................!:D The first part was incredible! The best death scene I have ever seen followed by it is ok Team America has stopped the terrorists! I was criticized for thinking there were funny parts in that movie....Although, it didn't take long to forget all about 99% of it. The #2 scene was hysterical....
Durka, durka.....;)

milkmania
07-25-2006, 10:40 PM
anybody seen Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest yet?

Workin' 4 Toys
07-25-2006, 10:47 PM
anybody seen Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest yet?
Nope, didn't look like something I'd like.....

Farmer Ted
07-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Anyone catch Clerks II

Most of the cast was on O&A last week, pretty funny guys.

east tx skier
07-25-2006, 11:58 PM
Not yet, but on my list.