PDA

View Full Version : Spare Tire for Trailer Needed

tbuck
03-17-2006, 08:57 PM
I am in need of a spare tire with the rim that will match those currently on my trailer. I have purchased a 2002 Prostar 209 & want to have the matching spare. I spoke with a dealer today that told me MC no longer makes or has the same rim available.

If anyone has a lead on where I can find this matchig spare I would appreciate the help.

Footin
03-17-2006, 09:00 PM
I know this is not what you are looking for, but its close. Keep checking ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MasterCraft-spare-wheel-and-tire-NEW-GoodYear-Tire_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ26455QQitemZ462207 1196QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

erkoehler
03-17-2006, 09:49 PM
I would call around to some dealers, especially [email protected] he doesn't have one, maybe he has a lead on one.

TMCNo1
03-17-2006, 10:23 PM
There is a company in TN that supplied these wheel to MC and a great majority of the trailer mfg. nationwide. Their specialty is trailer wheels only! They contract to have wheels made custom for companies like MC with their logos cast into the surfaces. I have the info somewhere and will update if I can find it. Also as previously posted, check with some of the more willing dealers like [email protected], MYMC, Rambo, who may have or know where some of these wheels may exist. Contact Greg Clower[Owner Relations] @ MC and give him your trailer Serial No. and he can inform you as to whether these wheels are still avail. or get you the suppliers contact no's for a replacement. Check Ebay!

milkmania
03-17-2006, 10:40 PM
I am in need of a spare tire with the rim that will match those currently on my trailer. I have purchased a 2002 Prostar 209 & want to have the matching spare. I spoke with a dealer today that told me MC no longer makes or has the same rim available.

If anyone has a lead on where I can find this matchig spare I would appreciate the help.

nice lookin' unit:headbang:

can you get us a picture of the wheelie bar wheels?

Ric
03-18-2006, 08:34 AM
yes, call around to some MC dealers around the US
liquid sports marine had one when I was looking for an out of production matching spare rim

6ballsisall
03-18-2006, 09:04 AM
One important thing which may already been thought of. DO NOT use a non trailer wheel and tire on a trailer EVER!! There is a difference and I've seen what can happen when you don't. Possibly for a boat trailer length like a MC 190 you "might" not have issues but for longer trailers with multiple axles turning and backing them will destroy those wheels.

That being said I sure would like to find a spare tire that matches my boat trailer. MC dealer said it was an odd ball size and didn't even carrry that size :rolleyes:

tbuck
03-18-2006, 09:49 AM
nice lookin' unit:headbang:

can you get us a picture of the wheelie bar wheels?

Thanks, here is a picture of the platform which also details the wheelie bar.

BrianM
03-18-2006, 10:14 AM
MyMC (Mastercraft of Charlotte) has them listed on his website. Not cheap but here you go. Tire Assem 225 on MC Wheel 2002 $324.14
(http://mymastercraft.com/parts.cfm?cat=Trailer&product_type=Trailer&company=NONE&CurrentPage=2)