PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Slalom Sets Wanted - Apr 12thru14th

BuoyChaser
03-17-2006, 07:39 PM
planning to be gettin' some sets in with friends staying at Jack Travers http://www.jacktravers.com/ but I'll be landing in Orlando 4 days before they arrive Tues night 04/11...

anyone got any inexpensive lodging and slalom set time for Tues 04/11 thru Fri 04/14???

hacker
04-05-2006, 09:22 AM
planning to be gettin' some sets in with friends staying at Jack Travers http://www.jacktravers.com/ but I'll be landing in Orlando 4 days before they arrive Tues night 04/11...

anyone got any inexpensive lodging and slalom set time for Tues 04/11 thru Fri 04/14???

For skiing try going to USA Water Ski Headquarters and ski on Lake Grew. I'll be skiing there for a week starting 4/15. Master Craft is supposed to be delivering a new 197 there later this week. You must be a USA Water Ski member and join "Waterski Experience" (I think that's what it's called). You get one free set for being a member, after that it's $20 a set. E-mail Roger: rskalko@usawaterski.org He will get you hooked up.

BuoyChaser
04-05-2006, 09:40 AM
For skiing try going to USA Water Ski Headquarters and ski on Lake Grew. I'll be skiing there for a week starting 4/15. Master Craft is supposed to be delivering a new 197 there later this week. You must be a USA Water Ski member and join "Waterski Experience" (I think that's what it's called). You get one free set for being a member, after that it's $20 a set. E-mail Roger: rskalko@usawaterski.org He will get you hooked up.

i got the following response from Roger on 03/27:
"Well to start with, we donít have a boat at HQ yet. I bring up my older CC with new 6.5PP and use it so if you donít mind using an older boat you are more than welcome to ski with us here."

he also has a $59 deal for a motel that's 11miles away, too...

that would be great if MC had a 197 there!!!sounds like a great setup...

hacker
04-05-2006, 10:02 AM
i got the following response from Roger on 03/27:
"Well to start with, we donít have a boat at HQ yet. I bring up my older CC with new 6.5PP and use it so if you donít mind using an older boat you are more than welcome to ski with us here."

he also has a $59 deal for a motel that's 11miles away, too...

that would be great if MC had a 197 there!!!sounds like a great setup...

Like I said it's supposed to be delivered. He's been promised boats before (a "brand x" is supposed to be there too) and they don't materialize. Don't let his old "brand x" scare you away, it skis great. I've had a lot of sets behind that boat. I will be talking to Roger early next week and I'll report the boat status here.

hacker
04-10-2006, 09:28 AM
I will be talking to Roger early next week and I'll report the boat status here.

Sorry to report, still no new boat at Lake grew.

BuoyChaser
04-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Sorry to report, still no new boat at Lake grew.
that's gotta be killing the opportunity for AWSA members everywhere!!!April and Easter/Spring vacation has got to be one of the busiest travel times to Florida...

hacker
04-24-2006, 08:58 AM
A new PS197 was delivered to USA WaterSki HQ lake Friday night.

BuoyChaser
04-24-2006, 09:22 AM
A new PS197 was delivered to USA WaterSki HQ lake Friday night.

i'll pass the word on to my friends who will be down there this week!!!

hacker
04-24-2006, 10:02 AM
i'll pass the word on to my friends who will be down there this week!!!

Figures! I was there all last week. The boat was delivered about 4 hours after I took my last set. I'll post a picture of it this evening. AFAIK Roger (lake manager) is cleaning up the boat today and will start working on timing it in later.

BuoyChaser
04-24-2006, 10:09 AM
I'll post a picture of it this evening. AFAIK Roger (lake manager) is cleaning up the boat today and will start working on timing it in later.
love to see some pics of the site...how'd you do???so excited to have it as an option for future trips!!!

hacker
04-25-2006, 08:59 AM
love to see some pics of the site...how'd you do???so excited to have it as an option for future trips!!!

Lake Grew skis real nice. I did pretty well while I was in Florida, skied about 16 sets in 7 days, 3 different lakes. Water temp was around 80. Here is a picture of the new boat.

BuoyChaser
04-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Lake Grew skis real nice. I did pretty well while I was in Florida, skied about 16 sets in 7 days, 3 different lakes. Water temp was around 80. Here is a picture of the new boat.
NICE PIC, what a great boat...love my '05 197!!!

after 16 sets, bet your palms are lovin' you!!!arghh, 80deg water temps WOW!!!we're still at 50 here in New Hampshire, probably colder now after all our rain...

hacker
04-25-2006, 02:47 PM
NICE PIC, what a great boat...love my '05 197!!!

after 16 sets, bet your palms are lovin' you!!!arghh, 80deg water temps WOW!!!we're still at 50 here in New Hampshire, probably colder now after all our rain...

Yessir! Ripped off a blister on my left palm the 3rd day. It actually started the 1st day. I realized then I wasn't letting the handle out on my fingertips enough, but it was too late. It still hurts. Also blistered and tore open my spray leg! Never had that happen before. I had to wear one of those goofy leg protectors for the last 5 days!

I had reports of 60deg water here (Finger Lakes Region NYS) last week, but I'll bet it's back down in the 50's now. Probably won't be able to ski again till Thursday or Friday. I want to go back to FL!

BuoyChaser
04-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Yessir! Ripped off a blister on my left palm the 3rd day. It actually started the 1st day. I realized then I wasn't letting the handle out on my fingertips enough, but it was too late. It still hurts. Also blistered and tore open my spray leg! Never had that happen before. I had to wear one of those goofy leg protectors for the last 5 days!

I had reports of 60deg water here (Finger Lakes Region NYS) last week, but I'll bet it's back down in the 50's now. Probably won't be able to ski again till Thursday or Friday. I want to go back to FL!

we're in the same boat, was beatiful up until 15min ago then clouded over, now going to rain and get cold...new england spring is back, bummah!!!