PDA

View Full Version : Waterski Mag. (Frozen Tige')

Peachman
03-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Howdy all,

Have any of you seen the new Waterski Mag.? I made the magazine as a boat driver! Woo Hoo!

Course the lake is frozen and the boat isn't running... Details...details... :D

Lord knows I would never make the mag. for my skiing abilities!

Have a great weekend,
Jeff

DooSPX
03-17-2006, 12:51 PM
your the other person I was referring too when i left the post about ETS being famous for the jump seat.
yes, I red the artical

SteveO
03-17-2006, 12:54 PM
I just want my copy of the magazine. I have worn out last months. My luck it will come today. Would have been perfect airplane material between the 4 million e-mails I will try to clear at 30K feet

TMCNo1
03-17-2006, 01:04 PM
There is another thread in General Discussion that I just posted on. Jeff and Doug are famous now!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Congrats peachman!!! :friday:

Cousin_Jeff
03-17-2006, 01:16 PM
I am glad I am not the only one who hasn't gotten the latest issue. Do you remember the days when having a subscription actually meant you got the magazine during the month of the current issue? It is March 17th and I still don't have this month's issue.

Ric
03-17-2006, 01:37 PM
I am glad I am not the only one who hasn't gotten the latest issue. Do you remember the days when having a subscription actually meant you got the magazine during the month of the current issue? It is March 17th and I still don't have this month's issue.
Havent received mine either

good to see you posting again jeff, Spring is here!!!!!!!! :steering:

east tx skier
03-17-2006, 02:15 PM
I just want my copy of the magazine. I have worn out last months. My luck it will come today. Would have been perfect airplane material between the 4 million e-mails I will try to clear at 30K feet

Haven't gotten mine yet either. Not that I haven't been checking twice daily since I found out about the article.

Congrats Peachman.

CJ, I think it's the April issue we're talking about. March came really early. The BBG is Jan/Feb.

TMCNo1
03-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Don't even know which month I got, just burned up the pages trying to find the famous articles, read them and now I will finish it in the READING ROOM, keep WSM in a rack right next to the turlot paper.

Cousin_Jeff
03-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Thanks East TX but my problem is that I have not gotten an issue since the BBG for Jan / Feb. Now I am two issues behind! Great.

Kevin 89MC
03-17-2006, 04:06 PM
I just got mine yesterday. Great articles. Congrats gentelmen! :toast:

jlf
03-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Mine came yesterday too, had to page through to find the famous articles. Kind of cool to sort of know someone in the magazine!!

Still think the article on the tige would've been cooler if it would've sunk or something

east tx skier
03-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Finally got mine. Turned out well Lookin' good, peach!

Laurel_Lake_Skier
03-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Was happy to see mine arrive today as well......what did we do to end up so far down on the mailing list? :confused:

6ballsisall
03-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Got mine too!! Nice article on Doug and the Tige!! :headbang:

Peachman
03-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Haven't gotten mine yet either. Not that I haven't been checking twice daily since I found out about the article.

Congrats Peachman.

CJ, I think it's the April issue we're talking about. March came really early. The BBG is Jan/Feb.

Same to you, nice write up on the jump seat.

Congrats,
JT

88 PS190
03-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Double good over here, got the new mag, and it came to school, which means its from the free subscription post from awhile ago.

milkmania
03-20-2006, 04:49 PM
did anyone ever hear the diagnosis on the frozen boat?

motor shot?
blew out the freeze plugs?
started right up?
hull damaged?

does the guy just need a .40 bullet to go ahead and send it on down to Davey Jones' locker?

AirJunky
03-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Too damn funny. Got the mag this weekend myself & was shocked to see how big a story the picture got. Those pics are going to be one of those urban legend emails flying around the net every year or two! Jeff & that Tige are "infamous"!! ;)

Ric
03-20-2006, 05:04 PM
received my WSM saturday but was saddened that with all the buzz ...... I really expected to see another pic of King Doug in the magazine!

east tx skier
03-20-2006, 05:20 PM
I know, Ric. If I was smart, I'd have had a picture of me taken sprawled out next to the seat. That, or I'd have put he mirror up and had someone else take the pic so my face could be in the mirror. As it turned out, my hand and the boat got in there. Plus, they mentioned my name about 5 times. Good enough for me. :)

milkmania
03-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Plus, they mentioned my name about 5 times. Good enough for me. :)

better than what I got:(

Ric
03-20-2006, 06:51 PM
better than what I got:(
what did you submit?

milkmania
03-20-2006, 06:53 PM
what did you submit?

that meant I got nothing

at least Doug got mentioned;)

Ric
03-20-2006, 06:55 PM
that meant I got nothing

at least Doug got mentioned;)
ahh, no mail?

mitch
03-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Just got mine, Good write up Doug, and I enjoyed the Tige pics too

SKI*MC
03-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Dr. Jim made a small article in the beginning of the mag, did any of you catch that?

André
03-21-2006, 06:50 AM
Dr. Jim made a small article in the beginning of the mag, did any of you catch that?
What does it say? :confused:
12 486 root canals in one week ? :firejump:

Workin' 4 Toys
03-21-2006, 01:52 PM
I guess I should subscribe.

Peachman
03-21-2006, 01:56 PM
did anyone ever hear the diagnosis on the frozen boat?

motor shot?
blew out the freeze plugs?
started right up?
hull damaged?

does the guy just need a .40 bullet to go ahead and send it on down to Davey Jones' locker?

At this point the boat is stilll on the boat dolly, the lake is just starting to open up around the edges. If the weather continues as it has, the lake will probably be open in the next week or so. Once that happens, we can look into the boat a little more. So far we know the freeze plugs we blown out, we do not know if there is any further motor damage, although I suspect there is?

Other than the heater core, the rest of the boat should be okay, the hull, running gear, interior, etc... all seem fine.

Peachman

SkySkiSpokane
03-22-2006, 02:08 PM
Nice coverage Jeff!!,
There goes your 15 seconds of fame. :D

atlfootr
03-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Hot Damn :firejump: Double Issues WSMag!
Just arrived Sweeeeeeeet :steering:
March came yesterday ...
April today, finally got some great porcelain read'n material :o

Thank God, for the US Mail :dance:

atlfootr
03-22-2006, 04:42 PM
bump ........

Cousin_Jeff
03-22-2006, 04:43 PM
What is going on over at WS mag? I got the April issue yesterday and have not gotten the March issue. It is somewhat comforting to realize it is not just me but dang I have "lake fever" bad. WS mag is the only thing that can sustain me until the water warms up.

I went to Ambush the other night "to just look" to try to address the lake fix that I need right now. Wound up buying a new life jacket. I can't wait much longer until it warms up.

atlfootr
03-22-2006, 05:48 PM
I have "lake fever" bad. WS mag is the only thing that can sustain me until the water warms up.
I can't wait much longer until it warms up.Wth, where were you before now? :noface:

twieder
03-22-2006, 06:31 PM
Ok, First I want to say congrats on the write up! Nice pics. I still say someone should be shot for leaving a boat to freez in a lake..... I don't care what kind it is :rant:

Second On another 'freez' story....

A buddy of mine has an '04 sport nautique and he decided to winterize it himself last fall. He has owned inboards(all CC's) for about 15 years, and has done toe job many times.
To make a long story short, this is the first boat he has had with a heater and .. well it ain't pretty! No antifreez to heater core and some cold weather and presto, we have about 1300 in damage! Oh well, live and learn!

AirJunky
03-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Hey, even CC owners mess up once in a while. There was a guy on Sammamish a few years ago. Nice new Air Nautique. He pulled it up on the lift & went in the condo. A couple hours later the boat had tipped off the lift & was sitting on the dock. Guess he pulled it a bit far forward & either a gust of wind blew it over or the mud under the lift feet gave way. Oooops!

Cousin_Jeff
03-23-2006, 12:37 PM
Atlfooter, your pm mailbox is full. I recieved message that my reply can't be accepted until you clean out your mailbox.

atlfootr
03-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Hot Damn :firejump: Double Issues WSMag!
Just arrived Sweeeeeeeet :steering:
March came yesterday ...
April today, finally got some great porcelain read'n material :o

Thank God, for the US Mail :dance: Got my 3rd WSMAG (BBGuide) in a week, the other day.
Not, like I need a "new boat" or anything, but someone likes me other there.

atlfootr
03-25-2006, 08:25 AM
Box's cleaned out ... send on :rant:

atlfootr
03-25-2006, 07:54 PM
bumppes....