PDA

View Full Version : Discount Inboard Marine

richardsoncd
03-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Just wanted to give skidim.com a little praise. I ordered a part for the boat on Tuesday, UPS said it was delivered on Wed. Never recieved the part, so I called UPS. They said they couldn't do anything unless the shipper called, so I called skidim. Vince at skidim was real cool about it and is putting a new sending unit in the mail for me. He told me to call him when I got it and if they find the original one I can just send it back, if not then we would work out something. That's pretty cool, I didn't expect anything more than a, "sorry, we can sell you another one" response. A lot better customer service than UPS thats for sure.

milkmania
03-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Just wanted to give skidim.com a little praise. I ordered a part for the boat on Tuesday, UPS said it was delivered on Wed. Never recieved the part, so I called UPS. They said they couldn't do anything unless the shipper called, so I called skidim. Vince at skidim was real cool about it and is putting a new sending unit in the mail for me. He told me to call him when I got it and if they find the original one I can just send it back, if not then we would work out something. That's pretty cool, I didn't expect anything more than a, "sorry, we can sell you another one" response. A lot better customer service than UPS thats for sure.

I always request a different delivery service if it's possible.

ever since my wife caught the UPS guy pissing in our drive way:mad:

BuoyChaser
03-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Vince really knows his stuff, especially on the S&S...great to have them as a resource, especially when your stuck...updated the steering on my '85 this past year, Vince really helped with the lack of directions that came in the box...

Hoff1
03-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Gotta love the customer service.
I had a similar situation last year with Overtonís. UPS tracking showed the package shipped, but I didnít receive it. Called UPS and they said, sorry. Called Overtonís and they confirmed my shipping address. The problem was that it was not my address, completely my fault. It was my house number, but the wrong street. The lady laughed at me and sent me another package that day no charge. After I got off the phone with her, I realized the wrong address was Ĺ mile from my place, so I tucked my tail between my legs and went to the other address to pick up the first package.

ski_king
03-17-2006, 09:52 AM
Had a simular problem with a ski I ordered.
It never showed up and couldnt be found.

I found it a month later on the neighbors porch. (They were in Flordia for he winter)

LakePirate
03-17-2006, 09:54 AM

What can Brown do for you?

I guess it could be worse?

Cousin_Jeff
03-17-2006, 09:58 AM
I would second the comments about DIM. They are extremely helpful. They really go the extra mile to understand what the issue is and then make a recommendation for what you will need. I used to have an 84 S&S and they knew everything about it. I highly recommend them if you need parts.

BrianM
03-17-2006, 10:03 AM
They are great. Just ordered a new impeller from them on tuesday (even with shipping it was $5 less than my local West Marine). It was on my door step Thursday by noon.

I like the fact that I just give them my name and tell them what I need. They already have my boat, shipping and credit card info on file. Plus if I ever need any kind of help or have questions they are very knowledgable and willing to help.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Ive had great luck with SkiDIM every time I ordered from them. Very helpful folks that will keep getting my business for sure. :steering:

JimN
03-17-2006, 10:13 AM
It's not bad CS from UPS, they will do a trace if asked for the sender only, not the recipient. That's the way they have done it for years and changing a company that big is hard. However, if you get the tracking number from the shipper at the time of the order, you can track it on the UPS website.

east tx skier
03-17-2006, 10:19 AM
After confabbing with my local dealer about how much they charge for impellers, they got a skidim dealer account. They get 10% off and basically charge me what skidim would. Feel like I'm scratching two backs this way. Plus, on smaller orders, I can save a little on that minimum shipping charge.

jrcarte78
03-17-2006, 10:33 AM
They are great. Just ordered a new impeller from them on tuesday (even with shipping it was $5 less than my local West Marine). It was on my door step Thursday by noon.

I like the fact that I just give them my name and tell them what I need. They already have my boat, shipping and credit card info on file. Plus if I ever need any kind of help or have questions they are very knowledgable and willing to help.

This is similar to my experience with SkiDIM. I called my local non inboard dealer for an impeller and they had never even heard of an Indmar motor. I also called the "local"(about 30 minutes away) MC dealer and they said they would have to order the part. And, they were going to charge me about $5 more per impeller. I ended up ordering 2 from DIM and they were here a couple of days later. Good experience.

TMCNo1
03-17-2006, 03:20 PM
I have been doing business with Vince and his staff for years and they have always gone beyond the call of duty.

I have found most shipping company's give you the option of signature required, therefore you or someone you trust, can sign for your packages. That way they can't just drop it off for someone to steal off your doorstep or drop off at the wrong address. If you can't do that have them deliver it to you at your job, most employers will allow that!

Kevin 89MC
03-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Yep, SkiDim rocks for me as well. Great to have such a knowledgeable group over there. Between them and this board, I should be able to keep my boat out of the shop and running great for years!

jeverett
03-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Do the SkiDIM folks check out this board?

ski_king
03-17-2006, 04:18 PM
.... However, if you get the tracking number from the shipper at the time of the order, you can track it on the UPS website.
I do it everyday. Works great! All you have to do is type the tracking number into google and you are there!

6ballsisall
03-17-2006, 04:20 PM
I spent many a hour on the phone with Vince and Richard when I had my 86', they are by far the best company I have ever bought from, in this industry or outside of it. Customer service doesn't describe how well you are taken care of and they are the most genuine people out there.

ski_king
03-17-2006, 04:27 PM
One more plug for them from their web site. It's all true!

TMCNo1
03-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Do the SkiDIM folks check out this board?

Last time I talked to Vince, a couple weeks ago, I informed him the company was being recommended all over the TT site and encouraged him to visit the site at his leisure and review our comments. He should be pleased with this thread about Discount Inboard Marine!

FYI, I have the understanding that most everyone associated with the marine and waterski industry, including dealers, suppliers to MC, MC employees, and really anybody interested in MC, can visit this site and can read the threads and posts but cannot reply or edit on the site, unless they sign on and register. I guess, what I am trying to say, we do have guests reading our comments.

ski_king
03-17-2006, 04:46 PM
FYI, I have the understanding that most everyone associated with the marine and waterski industry, including dealers, suppliers to MC, MC employees, and really anybody interested in MC, can visit this site and can read the threads and posts but cannot reply or edit on the site, unless they sign on and register. I guess, what I am trying to say, we do have guests reading our comments.

Hello John Dorton, bring back the stars and stripes Prostar.

jeverett
03-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Hello John Dorton, bring back the stars and stripes Prostar.

I second that how about a S&S X-7.

east tx skier
03-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Well, I'm just going to post it once more. ;)

ski_king
03-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Looks good doug, but needs some white between the deck and metalflake stripe.

east tx skier
03-17-2006, 05:38 PM
I know, I can't make it look right with the curve, so I left it off.

lakes Rick
03-17-2006, 06:31 PM
I always request a different delivery service if it's possible.

Better than catching him with your wife!!!!!!!

TMCNo1
03-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Better than catching him with your wife!!!!!!!

Or catching the UPS man with the Garbage man in your driveway, BROKEBACK DELIVERY and PICK UP Mountain!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

TMCNo1
03-17-2006, 07:40 PM
I know, I can't make it look right with the curve, so I left it off.

That's OK Doug, we are here for you!
:D MasterCraft will put the white stripe on your new boat for you, for a nominal charge. :cool:

TMCNo1
03-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Just got an e-mail today from SKIDIM announcing their 10% off spring tune parts sale!

Now that's Customer Service, they are looking out for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Trying to get our season started off right!