PDA

View Full Version : Spring Tune-Up... HELP!!

Sodar
03-17-2006, 12:57 AM
OK, my search for an LT-1 Manual has been fruitless, however I have my downloaded, Indmar manual next to me and I am planning to order parts a few remaining parts for my Spring tune-up. I am doing a full tune up, so if anyone has any recommendations on methods or additional preventative maintence, I am all ears!!!!

Here are the remaining items I would like part numbers for:

Impeller:
PCV Valve:
Spark Plug Wires:

TonyB
03-17-2006, 01:22 AM
My full tune-up on my 91 consisted of:

Replaced Spark plugs
Replaced plug wires
Replaced fuel filter element
Replaced fuel filter/water separator element
Changed oil filter
Changed oil
Changed transmission fluid

303ed Gelcoat

Presently reconditioning teak platform

Sodar
03-17-2006, 02:25 AM
I have finished your list off pretty much to a tee, plus I refurbished the trailer and bought a bitÁhin' Optima battery. These three parts are the last things I need to do, then I just need to worry about oil & tranny fluid changes and waxing on this boat.

TonyB
03-17-2006, 10:48 AM
I built my own spark plug wires. The first set I bought at the auto parts store were too short. The exhaust manifold circumnavigation required a bit more length than a standard custom wire set provided. So I bought a universal set (Accel high performance - 8 mm in blue) and cut them to the necessary length.

And now they match my blue valve covers.

Edited to add:
I'm not sure about the LT-1, but most Mastercrafts, after 1987, use the Johnson #812 impeller.

BrianM
03-17-2006, 11:07 AM
OK, my search for an LT-1 Manual has been fruitless, however I have my downloaded, Indmar manual next to me and I am planning to order parts a few remaining parts for my Spring tune-up. I am doing a full tune up, so if anyone has any recommendations on methods or additional preventative maintence, I am all ears!!!!

Here are the remaining items I would like part numbers for:

Impeller:
PCV Valve:
Spark Plug Wires:

Just call SkiDIM and tell them what you need. They will get you the right stuff.

I'm not sure about the LT-1, but most Mastercrafts, after 1987, use the Johnson #812 impeller.

All Indmar engines use the same impeller LT-1 included.

east tx skier
03-17-2006, 11:29 AM
In addition to skidim, I can recommend NAPA as a good source. As opposed to most auto parts stores, you can tell them it's for a MC ski boat and they don't look at you funny.