PDA

View Full Version : Hull ID help

brianaw26
03-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Can somebody give me some info on this hull ID? I searched for the info but all the stuff on the forums seems to be for newer boats. And all the info on other sites doesnít apply. I want to purchase a skisafe policy online but when I enter this hull ID it gives me an error.

MBCAM819M81B-P

What does this tell you?

Thanks in advance.
Brian

Also does anyone know where you can get another coast guard occupancy rating plaque?

TMCNo1
03-16-2006, 07:38 PM
If this is the Hull ID number you copied from your transom, quit trying to sign on online and call 1-800-225-6560 or fax info @ 1-941-298-0200 and conduct your transaction that way, during business hours 9:00am to 5:00pm EST.

I have a friend who is restoring a 1972 MC SKIER who has a Hull ID of MC34572, so things have changed over the years concerning ID's as in the automotive industry. His means MC[MasterCraft], Serial no.345[345th MC built] and 72[1972 year model]. It was simple back in the day!

You can contact Greg Clower[MC Owner Relations] @ MC and he can break it down for you, be sure to explain your situation to him, if they continue to have problems with that Hull ID number. Hope this helps!

brianaw26
03-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Itís not the fact that I canít do the transaction online, I know I can call them and that is what I planned on doing. It just made me curious about what my hull ID means. Like I said, I searched a bunch and didnít find anything that would make since with my numbers (like the -P). Have any ideas? Thanks for the quick reply though.

TMCNo1
03-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Itís not the fact that I canít do the transaction online, I know I can call them and that is what I planned on doing. It just made me curious about what my hull ID means. Like I said, I searched a bunch and didnít find anything that would make since with my numbers (like the -P). Have any ideas? Thanks for the quick reply though.

I hope you say my edit to my first reply!

Brent
03-16-2006, 08:27 PM

TMCNo1
03-16-2006, 09:26 PM
All of the latest Hull ID numbers contain 12 digits, the added -P may be a special designation for PROTOTYPE, PROMO etc.? Are you the original owner? Do you know who the original owner was? If you are not the original owner than this boat could have been originally used somewhere like Cypress Gardens as a R&D boat there or somewhere, and finished it term there, then was shipped back to the factory, reconditioned and sold at a discount through a dealer. A history check on your boat might be interesting to say the least!

brianaw26
03-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Iím not the original owner. I bought it from a guy in LA last year. I think I still have his email lying around, Ill see if I can find it (although I donít think he was either). I'll contact Greg Clower like you said and see what he says, hopefully he might have some insight on this. Ohhhheee.... exciting....

brianaw26
03-18-2006, 08:06 PM
have any ideas?

waterlogged882
03-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Can somebody give me some info on this hull ID? I searched for the info but all the stuff on the forums seems to be for newer boats. And all the info on other sites doesnít apply. I want to purchase a skisafe policy online but when I enter this hull ID it gives me an error.

MBCAM819M81B-P

What does this tell you?

Thanks in advance.
Brian

Also does anyone know where you can get another coast guard occupancy rating plaque?I suspect P = Power Plus tranny, but that is merely a first guess off the cuff. Re-look the tag on your transmission for the gear ratio. Boat being an 81 model it should be a 351 slot hull with a 1:1, unless it was built with the powerslot drive option.

And that makes me ask for confirmation, 351 ci? Not a 302 ci!

As for Skisafe (whom I use) leave the P off. Done deal. No harm no foul.

brianaw26
03-19-2006, 04:28 PM
definitly a 351 powerslot...

waterlogged882
03-19-2006, 05:34 PM
definitly a 351 powerslot...Just checking for reasons of trivial cause. I'll make a call tomorrow and see if I can find out about the P.... However the 4th and 5th spaces are showing something odd.

brianaw26
03-21-2006, 08:56 PM
Man I've tried to contact mastercraft about 100 times. Canít find the right email addresses, I havenít gotten any replies. I tried a few phone numbers but no luck. I purchased the skisafe policy w/o any problems, but Iím still curious bout the ID. Anyone hear anything?

brianaw26
03-22-2006, 12:21 PM
I retract my last statment. Here is their reply

Mr. Waltenburg,
There are fewer and fewer people still employeed here that were around in 81, so it is getting harder to get answers on the older boats so here is the best I could do.
The MBC simply stands for MasterCraft Boat Company. The AM8 is the exclusive "serial" number assigned to that boat only. The 19 is for the model which is a 19 skier. The next M we are not sure about. The 81 is for the year it was made and we think the B means it was built in February of 81 and the P stands for Power Slot. I hope this helps.
Team MasterCraft Owner Relations Representative Team MasterCraft Owner Relations Department The following consumer visited the MasterCraft.com website and submitted the following "Contact Us" (to Other) request. Please respond to this consumer via email or telephone as soon as possible.

Thanks mastercraft!!