PDA

View Full Version : Illiana, What isn't for sale any more???

Workin' 4 Toys
03-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Chicago's for sale (http://www.chicagoist.com/archives/2004/10/28/skyway_lease_finalized.php)
Indianapolis's for sale (http://www.nwitimes.com/articles/2006/02/02/news/top_news/62a117e8b93c84bc86257109000e2bde.txt)

The good news is, Chi-town is for 99 years and Indy is only for 75. What is this world coming to....

Granite_33
03-16-2006, 02:55 PM
These IMO are incredibly short sighted. Alll for the want of up front cash, which the politicians are going to blow within a few years anyway!!

give it a few years and the politicians will be back for something else to sell.............because they are out of money again.

Leroy
03-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Looks like the main use of the funds for Indiana is building the I69 extention which is a very good thing.

Granite_33
03-16-2006, 04:41 PM
From the Article:

A toll freeze for counties surrounding the tollway. Motorists from the rest of the state and outside Indiana will see tolls nearly double in April. So the state gets the money, and the people pay more to a private 3rd party.

Building 69 to Evansville is not a bad thing, its needed. But per the website, it will be a toll road. So the state gets the money to build the road from a 3rd party, they build the road and he people pay them back.

I guess we will see what happens. I really hope that there is a rate cap included somewhere in the agreement.............

Fishy dealings IMHO.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-16-2006, 06:33 PM
These IMO are incredibly short sighted. Alll for the want of up front cash, which the politicians are going to blow within a few years anyway!!

give it a few years and the politicians will be back for something else to sell.............because they are out of money again.
They are looking into leasing the train system too now. They have some serious plans up their sleeves, and I agree with you totally about how th e$ will be spent. STUPID!!!

Granite_33
03-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Private industry operates more efficiently and effectively than governmnet organizations about.....99.9% of the time.

But this still has more to it than just outsourcing. Fishy.

Pension cost, Retiree healthcare cost...........and oh yeah......sh!tload of money for cash strapped governments to spend.

And if the tolls increase to $10 per mile.....its not the goverments fault.