PDA

View Full Version : Need some Microsoft Excel help.....

milkmania
03-15-2006, 11:57 PM
I know how to publish an Excel document to a webpage, but tonight I learned that I can publish an interactive excel document to a website.......

but, I can't get it to become interactive.

ie:
I'm publishing a baseball league's roster, and I want the coaches to visit the page, update their teams data, and save it.

here's the help file:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/excel.jpg

I set it up for interactivity, but when I try to access it, I get a message:

Data Access Pages has detected that your IE security settings will not allow you to access data from a site considered to be insecure.

In order to access the data contained within the Data Access Page, you need to:

1. Start IE

2. Choose Internet Options from the Tools menu

3. Click on the "Security" Tab

4. Click on the "Trusted Sites" icon

5. Click on the "Sites..." button

6. Uncheck the "Require server verification (https) for all sites in the zone" checkbox

7. Add "http://home.alltel.net/********/Roster-2006a.htm" as a trusted server (<---broken link on purpose)

8. OK the dialog

9. Try to open the Data Access Page

If you still cannot access the data, it is possible that one of the following problems exist.

You do not have security permissions to the server on which the data resides.
You do not have security permissions to the data referenced in the mail.
You should check with the Data Access Page owner to determine if you need other permissions.

anybody done this, or know anyting about what I'm trying to do?

Maristar210
03-16-2006, 08:35 AM
Milk,

When I read your title I thought for sure I could help you. Now that I read your issue I am afraid I am at a loss.

Sorry man,

Steve

H20skeefreek
03-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Milk,

When I read your title I thought for sure I could help you. Now that I read your issue I am afraid I am at a loss.

Sorry man,

Steve
ditto. I saw Excel and figured I could help, but you are way above my level with that.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Milk, I have someone that could help, but he is out of town for about two weeks. If you still need help then, bring this back TTT....

Cloaked
03-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Milk....... I may be staying in a Holiday Inn Express in April if you can wait until then.... :eek:

You guys would jack a thread in a NY second.... LOL.... :D

Poor M&M..... :noface:

ski_king
03-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Sorry, your question is beyond me also, but try this guy, billg@microsoft.com, he may be able to help.

milkmania
03-16-2006, 11:34 AM
thanks guys, I needed the laugh:uglyhamme

it's not crucial, it's just something I found that might make it easier on the coaches....
At this point, we are leaving our completed rosters at a convenience store and I'm picking them up as they are brought in, but every coach has internet capabilities.

here's as close as I can get....
non pivot table:
deleted

pivot table:
deleted

The pivot table is supposed to be the one that other people can edit. but it's beyond me:o

milkmania
03-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Sorry, your question is beyond me also, but try this guy, billg@microsoft.com, he may be able to help.

bill probably don't wanna talk to me

and I sure don't want to talk to bill:cool: